META (Facebook) Banning Conservatives over their opinions.....

Ya, but, they have always had terms of service, it is after all private property, and they’ve long had moderate content for criminal activity right.. .like ISIS. I don’t have a problem with TOS, like any other business, I have a problem with stifling competition. I don’t think people realize that if you changed the laws to make them publishers a lot MORE content will end up being banned.
Some good points, but we can't think in binary terms.

FB & etc. would continue to have the right to remove objectively offensive/illegal content if a sensible arrangement could be arrived at which recognizes both their rights and responsibilites as town square hosts.

When the TOS becomes selective enforcement, I have a problem.

And by making them publishers, it makes FACEBOOK accountable for what they fact check and publish.

If they don't want that, be a platform and stop fact checking, applying TOS evenly.

Again, s230 means a platform doesn't gage to remove anything since they are not liable.
Some excellent points, but some kind of hybrid may make the most sense in terms of maintaining a reasonably safe town square.

I have yet to see any objective evidence that they are not overall applied evenly.
The left and right are silenced in favor of a narrow liberal center.

You may want to Google to see evidence of this.

No, that’s modern conservatives who brag openly about how they they only get their information from incredibly dishonest partisan hacks and never consider any sources outside their bubble.
^ Fallacious spewing.

Some excellent points, but some kind of hybrid may make the most sense in terms of maintaining a reasonably safe town square.
Like I said, there needs to be am updated section to deal with the world today. What we have now allows too many loopholes.

META (Facebook) Banning Conservatives over their opinions.....
Consistent with the First Amendment right to freedom of association and freedom of the press.

Facebook is at liberty to edit its content as it sees fit – including removing rightwing racism, bigotry and hate along with rightwing misinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies.

Don’t like it – then don’t participate.

ITs called the freedom to associate with those with like opinions. You all don't like our opinions. We have the right to be there as well,
Wrong.

Freedom of association is the right to exclude whomever an organization so desires – see BSA v. Dale (2000).

Facebook cannot be compelled by government to accommodate rightwing racism, bigotry, and hate speech.

It looks like Mark Zuckerberg has ordered his troops to remove any conservative who is making their opinion heard and are getting the word out well.

A group of some 18 Wyoming conservatives, who were exposing the Cheney lies and were being successful at getting the word out about her denial of due process and support of red flag laws which deny due process have been banned from face book. Facebook took actions based on their "community standards" but then failed to state why they banned these people. Funny how they still allow Death to America from many here.

In my case, we had just begun to go after the 87,000 IRS agents that are most certainly Bidens Secret Police. The Posse Comitatus Act stops the government from using military troops against the people. As IRS agents they are free to go after the people. They have bought millions of dollars in ammunition and weapons and there recent job posting mentioned using deadly force against We the People..

I posted this on Facebook:
View attachment 684563
META has now banned 18 conservatives in our group for comments like this. We were successful in helping stop Liz Cheney's re-election and now we set our sights on Democrats as a whole. Because they do not like the linkage to a fascist organization and how they were set up in the 1930's by another dictator, they are banning people who see these fascists for what they are. Face Book is now protecting fascism in the US.

We live in perilous times and we as Good Men and Women must stand up or we will lose our freedoms forever. Facebook is giving democrats donations in kind for active censorship of opposing views.

Feel free to post your experiences with Facebook or as I call them FASCISTBOOK. They are hard and fast removing any content damaging to democrat politicians.
Ofc they are. Zuckerberg's a V/The InVaders lizard people motherfucker.

Or 1 seriously traitorous shitbag drunk on his own power.

11.jpg

Social media has become the discussion place or Town Square. Freedom of speech must be protected there.
Nonsense – this is as ignorant as it is wrong.

The ‘town square’ metaphor is completely devoid of merit.

The ‘town square’ is just that: government property, the public sector subject to free speech and freedom of assembly jurisprudence.

Facebook is private property, not public.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private entities – such as private social media.

Nonsense – this is as ignorant as it is wrong.

The ‘town square’ metaphor is completely devoid of merit.

The ‘town square’ is just that: government property, the public sector subject to free speech and freedom of assembly jurisprudence.

Facebook is private property, not public.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private entities – such as private social media.
Facebook is publically traded. By what sense are you calling them private?

And any chance to set up an "alternative" platform geared towards a more Conservative POV will never get off the ground.
I’ve tried Parler and SM sites like it, and they’re just not as user friendly as Facebook or Twitter. Maybe the reason they don’t get off the ground is because they need better developers?

Forum List

Back