META (Facebook) Banning Conservatives over their opinions.....

Sinking their teeth into social media may be the one thing Democrats and Republicans agree on.

I don't want their teeth sunk into social media too hard, but there's some shit that needs to change. For years Mark Zuckerberg used his youth to get away with his toxic business model. "Oh wow, I didn't realize this was a problem. We now realize, we need to do better." Sorry, but the entire business model of Big Tech is to know as much about you as possible and to monetize your interests, your thoughts, your fears, your passions, and sell that to advertisers. That's been their game since day one.

I don't want their teeth sunk into social media too hard, but there's some shit that needs to change. For years Mark Zuckerberg used his youth to get away with his toxic business model. "Oh wow, I didn't realize this was a problem. We now realize, we need to do better." Sorry, but the entire business model of Big Tech is to know as much about you as possible and to monetize your interests, your thoughts, your fears, your passions, and sell that to advertisers. That's been their game since day one.
So don't play.

Or, get the government to force your preferences on others. That's pretty much the name of the game.

Nothing is pre-approved. Their algorithms cannot see it till I post it on their site.
So you believe no technology exists to read your post before actually posting it?

Hit POST and it can read and approve it before posting. Don't pretend otherwise.

So don't play.

Or, get the government to force your preferences on others. That's pretty much the name of the game.
Don't play? Dipshit, communism is in bed with capitalism in China, and your ass hasn't the means to produce anythiing.

So you believe no technology exists to read your post before actually posting it?

Hit POST and it can read and approve it before posting. Don't pretend otherwise.
That's why, Einstein, you'll sooner or later be forced to accept the fact that there were those against this nazi dem fascism and violence from the beginning, when they made the telephone booths disappear. Cyborg Manifesto

Once again, we can take it one word at a time to prove your arrogance in front of the other prisoners. Which sentence triggers you less?
Ahh.... you're an enigma? A mystery? A puzzle?

Or maybe just a douchebag.

Me too. But, why do you feel justified in preventing others from using the service the way it is? Maybe they like it that way.

I don't have a problem with opposing political viewpoints, even to the point of making asses of themselves if that's what they want to do. But things like advocating violence, calling for civil war, etc. is not worthy of protection, and I'm guessing that in most cases, social media companies feel the same way. Regardless of how I feel, it's not my platform; it's Facebook's platform and you/we agreed to their terms of use.

Don't like it? There's always Truth Social, Parler, Gab, whatever.

Every time that happens, Short Bus riding Republicans in Congress show us on CSPAN that they don't understand how the internet works. 😄

It's not a matter of how the internet works. It's a matter of the political bias the social media companies are demonstrating by taking their marching orders from the xiden regime and the commiecrats.

It's not a matter of how the internet works. It's a matter of the political bias the social media companies are demonstrating by taking their marching orders from the xiden regime and the commiecrats.

In this country we're allowed to have our political biases you fascist fuckwit. 😄

I don't disagree that Zuckerberg was trying to deflect some of the heat the Pubs were putting on him - on that we agree.

But the heat was manufactured. Bill Barr was threatening to abuse the powers of his office with a non-sense anti-trust claim. Since when did Republicans give a single drop of ant piss about anti-trust violations? Like never.

Zuckerberg is a plutocrat first, a democrat second. I'm not about to sit here and defend the bastard, only to point out that there's nothing that says Facebook couldn't ban people from its platform. They absolutely can. Free speech has nothing to do with it. If conservatives want to regulate social media more or push a legitimate anti-trust action, I'm all for it provided it's not done in a purely partisan manner.

As opposed to the purely partisan manner the social media companies are behaving?

As opposed to the purely partisan manner the social media companies are behaving?

As they are private entities they are allowed to do so.

You never seems to whine about the purely partisan manner in which OANN or the GWP behave.

That's why, Einstein, you'll sooner or later be forced to accept the fact that there were those against this nazi dem fascism and violence from the beginning, when they made the telephone booths disappear. Cyborg Manifesto
ok - why you baggin on me when i agree with you?

a free word editor can correct text and grammar, so it reads what you're writing BEFORE saving or posting. so it's bullshit to think or believe that FB doesn't see what you're doing also before you POST IT.

bots are simply NOT that quick to pounce as fast as they do after the fact.

We are not supposed to have the government elites using private companies to do their dirty work for them, you SJW gelding.
And we absolutely should put a stop to that. But that has nothing to do with regulating social media. We'd need to regulate government to stop that. In fact, regulating social media will just make it easier for the state to coerce these companies into doing their bidding.

As they are private entities they are allowed to do so.

You never seems to whine about the purely partisan manner in which OANN or the GWP behave.
i can name private entities that are both platforms and publishers and yet, they are held accountable.

no one has ever explained why facebook isn't held to some standard. and don't play S230 cause it's clear you don't understand why that was done in 1996 and what purpose it served.

Forum List

Back