Michael Brown was 148 feet from Wilson as he was shot to death

Wilson WAS just following Brown, about 100 feet behind him, when Brown TURNED and charged Wilson..

And Wilson thought he HAD radioed for backup, turns out he hadn't , but he thought he had back up coming.
I find you can move faster if you run forwards.

Are you saying Wilson should have turned and ran when Brown charged him?
I'm saying if he was not able to arrest him, he should have placed a vehicle between him and brown. And talked the situation down. If that takes running a few feet to save the guys life then yes.

Frankly, if 6 bullets didn't "talk the guy down" nothing was going to .
One to the leg would've slowed him down a lot more than the arm & graze shots did. It sounds like the last 4 were two to the chest and two to the head. This from some of the witnesses that said he didn't move after the last four shots that came at the very end.

Have you ever fired at a moving man sized target? I'm afraid "one in the leg" isn't as easily done as said. Even for a skilled marksman.

I'm saying if he was not able to arrest him, he should have placed a vehicle between him and brown. And talked the situation down. If that takes running a few feet to save the guys life then yes.

One to the leg would've slowed him down a lot more than the arm & graze shots did. It sounds like the last 4 were two to the chest and two to the head. This from some of the witnesses that said he didn't move after the last four shots that came at the very end.

Have you ever fired at a moving man sized target? I'm afraid "one in the leg" isn't as easily done as said. Even for a skilled marksman.
Yes and smaller. I can shoot birds with my long bow (no sight.) I can shoot pistols quite proficiently, lots of hog hunting with pistols. Do a lot of deer hunting, rifle and bow.

He was a big kid. Those legs were massive, shoot just under the hip, he's not going anywhere after that. If he could hit the guy in the chest he could shoot him in the leg or hip. But I know they are not trained for that.

Even if true, and it is only speculation, that doesn't rise to the level of a criminal act on Wilson's part. Again, I will remind you that Wilson actually would have been well within Missouri state law if he had shot Brown in the back after he committed the two felonies in Wilson's presence.
Of course not. Wilson is 100% innocent. When someone isn't good enough to win a game of chess I don't blame that person. They just are not good enough to win.

On that point we agree.

This death is totally and completely on liberals who insist on lowering standards for jobs like police and fire rescue AND don't want cops using "mean" weapons like tasers and such.

Like I've said before , a broken fucking knee and a snout full of mace would have worked equally as well on Brown, but not all cops can do that.
Eggzactly. Raise the bar. Test people in situations like this. If they can't handle it.. give em a desk job.
Monday morning Armchair Quarterbacking, I'm afraid.
Isn't that what this thread is for? If not where's that thread? Put another way if nothing is learned nothing is gained.

I'll agree to this, but.......

The learning needs to be done by both sides

Justice was served. Only one reason justice was required in the first place.

Crimes were committed first. No crime, no shooting, no outrage, no grand jury, no rioting, no looting, no burning businesses.

Yes we need to learn from this.

Yes and smaller. I can shoot birds with my long bow (no sight.) I can shoot pistols quite proficiently, lots of hog hunting with pistols. Do a lot of deer hunting, rifle and bow.

He was a big kid. Those legs were massive, shoot just under the hip, he's not going anywhere after that. If he could hit the guy in the chest he could shoot him in the leg or hip. But I know they are not trained for that.

You do realize that a major artery runs through the leg.

Police officers aren't trained to shoot for the legs, the upper torso silhouettes they practice on do not have legs...one shoots how one is trained and practices...especially alone and in a high stress event...

Last edited:
What?! Wasn't this poor over sized baby Huey wandering the neighborhood looking for hugs kneeling with his hands up saying don't shoot? You people are so out of your minds you can't even remember the previous lie you used. Everything you just said shoots down the entire theory of a poor innocent kid getting shot.
Who said he was a poor innocent kid? Not me.
Do you know what you're trying to say because at this point I don't. You seem to be equating the kid wasn't innocent yet somehow the cop is guilty for stopping him in his tracks. It can't go both ways.
Sure it can. Killing someone is not the only way. It's just the easiest way.
You're still putting all of the events on Wilson. The easiest way and the first of a series of bad decisions began with Brown. He could have not robbed the store, he could have not been in the middle of the street, he could not have attacked Wilson in the truck, he could not have ran, he could not have turned back to attack. The majority if not all of these decisions to make weren't up to Wilson they were up to Brown. Brown made all of the wrong decisions yet you think you can twist it to justify an entire string of his failure to think and put it on Wilson for making one decision, and the correct one with all the evidence and that was to shoot the bastard dead.
Not true. I just don't believe the only solution was to escalate the situation up to and including killing the guy. Brown's fault, yes. But swap out Wilson with a seasoned cop and that boy is sitting in jail, not the morgue.
No, that's bullshit. Wilson wasn't escalating anything he was doing his damn job. The job of stopping people that keep making bad decisions and escalating the situation until they either stop making bad decisions or get killed for their actions. Wilson had what? Six years of experience? Show me a cop that wouldn't shoot that pile of crap and I'll simply take you to the grave of an officer killed in the line of duty thinking they would just arrest the guy

Nothing that happened that day was Wilson's fault. None of it. Brown was in control and he controlled his dumb ass into an early grave. We are lucky Wilson did his job as he was paid and trained to do.

Oh, you're quite right. If a man can aim and hit a guy in the chest at 40 feet with a handgun, he probably should also be able to aim and hit him in the legs at 40 feet.

My contention is that Wilson wasn't aiming for any certain part of Brown's anatomy, he was simply firing at Brown's mass, and the rounds here where they hit.

Who said he was a poor innocent kid? Not me.
Do you know what you're trying to say because at this point I don't. You seem to be equating the kid wasn't innocent yet somehow the cop is guilty for stopping him in his tracks. It can't go both ways.
You're still putting all of the events on Wilson. The easiest way and the first of a series of bad decisions began with Brown. He could have not robbed the store, he could have not been in the middle of the street, he could not have attacked Wilson in the truck, he could not have ran, he could not have turned back to attack. The majority if not all of these decisions to make weren't up to Wilson they were up to Brown. Brown made all of the wrong decisions yet you think you can twist it to justify an entire string of his failure to think and put it on Wilson for making one decision, and the correct one with all the evidence and that was to shoot the bastard dead.
Not true. I just don't believe the only solution was to escalate the situation up to and including killing the guy. Brown's fault, yes. But swap out Wilson with a seasoned cop and that boy is sitting in jail, not the morgue.
No, that's bullshit. Wilson wasn't escalating anything he was doing his damn job. The job of stopping people that keep making bad decisions and escalating the situation until they either stop making bad decisions or get killed for their actions. Wilson had what? Six years of experience? Show me a cop that wouldn't shoot that pile of crap and I'll simply take you to the grave of an officer killed in the line of duty thinking they would just arrest the guy

Nothing that happened that day was Wilson's fault. None of it. Brown was in control and he controlled his dumb ass into an early grave. We are lucky Wilson did his job as he was paid and trained to do.

I'm going to disagree with you there. Wilson made SEVERAL tactical errors that day. That doesn't make him culpable in Brown's death, but he definitely made some errors.

Wilson WAS just following Brown, about 100 feet behind him, when Brown TURNED and charged Wilson..

And Wilson thought he HAD radioed for backup, turns out he hadn't , but he thought he had back up coming.

You watch too many fucking movies. Have you ever even shot a fucking gun? You're pissing me off now with this stupid shit.

What a load of shit. He turned and charged the cop. Wilson's testimony says that. Credible eyewitness testimony says that, the EVIDENCE says that

He was TEN feet from Wilson when he died. TEN FEET , and had been hit MULTIPLE times. He was trying to escape alright, by killing the cop.
What part of he ran away before he turned and charged the cop that was chasing him is confusing you big guy? I'm reading from Wilson's testimony. Should I be reading from some other testimony?
Why was the cop shooting a fleeing suspect? It's not like the guy had killed anyone or was thought to be a danger to the community.

at that point he wasn't fleeing idiot he was charging Wilson
He started out fleeing and was shot at by the cop.

Please answer the question instead of deflecting.

A) In this particular case Wilson did NOT shoot at him until after he stopped fleeing and had charged Wilson
B) In either case, Missouri law would allow a cop to shoot a fleeing felon in the back anyway

Why in the world do yall have to lie about these things? There is no point.

Have you read the GJ report? No, of course you haven't.
He shot him while he was fleeing.

Wilson's response tracked his training,,,one can expect no less or no more from the officer he was trained to shoot center mass thats what he practicedand

Oh, you're quite right. If a man can aim and hit a guy in the chest at 40 feet with a handgun, he probably should also be able to aim and hit him in the legs at 40 feet.

My contention is that Wilson wasn't aiming for any certain part of Brown's anatomy, he was simply firing at Brown's mass, and the rounds here where they hit.

Agree....Wilson's response tracked his training,,,one can expect no less or no more from the officer he was trained to shoot center mass that's what he did...

You do realize that a major artery runs through the leg.

Yes.

What part of he ran away before he turned and charged the cop that was chasing him is confusing you big guy? I'm reading from Wilson's testimony. Should I be reading from some other testimony?
Why was the cop shooting a fleeing suspect? It's not like the guy had killed anyone or was thought to be a danger to the community.

at that point he wasn't fleeing idiot he was charging Wilson
He started out fleeing and was shot at by the cop.

Please answer the question instead of deflecting.

A) In this particular case Wilson did NOT shoot at him until after he stopped fleeing and had charged Wilson
B) In either case, Missouri law would allow a cop to shoot a fleeing felon in the back anyway

Why in the world do yall have to lie about these things? There is no point.

Have you read the GJ report? No, of course you haven't.
He shot him while he was fleeing.

Why do you insist on being such an obvious liar? He was NOT shot while fleeing. PERIOD.

Apparently libtards think cops are chained to their squad cars.

No, Liberals full of White Guilt think you should be able to have a free shot at cops if you're a black thug and then if you aren't successful at killing the cop, you should be allowed to claim you were trying to surrender. Reason being, you are black-- you see? And you can't help that you're an uneducated jungle bunny who doesn't know right from wrong, so we need to coddle you more in society to make up for that.

I'm going to disagree with you there. Wilson made SEVERAL tactical errors that day. That doesn't make him culpable in Brown's death, but he definitely made some errors.
The only tactical error he made was giving Brown the benefit of the doubt which resulted in him reaching into the truck and going for his gun. He was lucky to survive that and in the end fixed the problem by killing Brown.

That was my point. He was first shot in the car so this 148' and no threat thing is bullshit.
Who said no threat. The point to the 150' thing was that the boy was trying to escape. It wasn't till the cop got out of the car and began chasing/shooting that Brown decided eff it if I'm gonna die I'm gonna die facing my killer. If he wanted to kill Wilson he would've done it while he was in the car not by "charging" him in some dumb as suicide by cop routine.

What a load of shit. He turned and charged the cop. Wilson's testimony says that. Credible eyewitness testimony says that, the EVIDENCE says that

He was TEN feet from Wilson when he died. TEN FEET , and had been hit MULTIPLE times. He was trying to escape alright, by killing the cop.
The why is obvious.. the kid had robbed someone, cursed at him, punched him fought over his gun, and was now fleeing. I don't blame him for shooting at the kid. But just as the lady asked the question.. why does that kid keep coming doesn't he know he's gonna get killed... One also has to ask the question ... why does the cop need to put the last two in the brain, this after putting two in the guys chest. Heat of the moment? The kid was unarmed and shot six times before the two to the head. I suppose that's the part I just don't get. The last two to the head.
Stealing cigars shouldn't be a death sentence. And cops are trained to not pull their guns unless they use them, so I would have tried to stop him from using it.

You watch too many fucking movies. Have you ever even shot a fucking gun? You're pissing me off now with this stupid shit.
Yes. As stated, I'm quite proficient with most weapons.

So he should have been fired.

Forum List

Back