Michael Brown was 148 feet from Wilson as he was shot to death

It's really simple to measure the distance, and quite accurately:

Those who measured started at the fire-hydrant that was near the police car from which officer Wilson fired the deadly shots:

Photo1.jpg

Distance from the driver's side door (when officer Wilson claims he fired the shots) to the fire hydrant: 17 feet.

Distance from the fire hydrant to the spot where Michael Brown was standing when he was shot: 131 feet.

131 +17 = 148.

Now, there is an angle involved between the cop car and the hydrant, which means that actual distance of 17 feet, calculated as a straight line, will be somewhat less, maybe one third less. So, the true distance may be 140 to 141 feet. The angle represented by the yellow line looks to be about 35 degrees to the plain, if you consider the straight path of the sidewalk next to the hydrant to be the plain.

The police report says 35 feet. And a police officer said TWICE in a press conference that the distance was 35 feet:

(1:13 and 6:01)

35 feet and 148 are nowhere close to each other in terms of distance. 148 feet = 49 yards, or just about one-half of a football field.

The film clearly documents the start and end points, and they can be confirmed by police photos and photos shot by witnesses on that day.

35 feet could be an argument for immediate danger for a police officer. But 148 feet? No way.

Why did the Ferguson police lie about this detail?

And if the Ferguson police have lied about this, then we must ask what else they have lied about?

You know, sometimes it's all about simple math. The Ferguson police can lie for a while, but they cannot change geography and they cannot undo so many photos and videos.

Discuss.

Does a suspected perpetrator who is 148 feet away from an officer represent a danger to that officer's life?

Two head shots rapid fire at 50 yds with a .40
I call bull shit on this theory

Not a theory. A measurement that likely means that the FPD and officer Wilson lied, probably more than once. It's simple math. Either way, it checkmates this part of the info that the FPD released.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

You are confused. While he may have fired a group of shots from the hydrant... not all of the shots were fired from that spot. Clearly Wilson was chasing after Brown and Brown was intermittently charging Wilson as he paused twice to assess each volley of bullets Wilson had put into him. As they approached each other.. the shots got easier.

3 bullet casings found close to browns body

evidence the distance between the two which was much MUCH less then 148 feet
I just assumed Wilson was pursing the fleeing teen firing away at him.. missing the shots when he was far away, causing the boy to turn.. and then as they came together he started hitting him ... and finally was close enough to shoot him in the head for the coup de grace.
A possible scenario. Was, however, not in the FPD description of events.

Hey stats. Tell us what the 7 eyewitnesses told the grand jury and then combine that with your bullshit.
Are you suggesting the cop was not punched in the face?

Lets see. A decorated cop with nothing on his record and a fat thug who just bullied a 4 foot 9 immigrant and who has a lengthy juvenile record. Of course for some reason we cannot see it.

His arms were not up. He was not shot in the back. The eyewitnesses contradict your fucking claims. He received instant karma.

Stats, you are a fucking loser.
I never addressed Wilson's injuries. Brown did not have a juvenile record. Short on facts, what?

I'd like to know if blacks have a right to attack people and take their property. Maybe I missed something.
Nobody has that right. Two separate events.

Here I thought Brown attacked Wilson. That much seems to be air-tight. The question I posed was whether he had a right to.

Statis, you do realize that the effective range of Officer Wilson's sidearm (Sig Sauer P239 in .40 cal) is far less than the 50 yards you believe Mike Brown to have been shot at, right? It would have been quite a feat to have hit him more than once or twice at that distance; especially if either one of them was moving. Therefore I see zero believability in your supposition.

Link?

I see nothing that says that a 239 cannot shoot 50 yards. In fact, most pistols can. Easily.

In fact, it would be a shitty pistol, or in this case, semi-automatic handgun, if you cannot fire a decent shot for at least 100 meters:

wikiHow to Become a Marksman Snipe With a Pistol

Or, it can also mean that Williams lied about his position when he fired the shots.
Yep a .40 can shoot 50 yards is the average shooter going to make two heads shots at that distance rapid Fire? Nope not going to happen

I do not need Wiki to tell me about handgun marksmanship or capabilities of hand guns. I have 40+ years of experience. My carry weapon of choice is a .40. I shoot on an average of 3-4 times a week, have my own range at home. The average cop spends a fraction of the time at the range that I do. Qualifying for LE varies to a certain extent from one local to the next. Most do not qualify over 25 yds. My guess most LEO spend little to no time practicing over 25 yards

You realize that officers often wash the blood from themselves because of blood borne disease, Right? This is NOT unusual, and most often done at the scene, Right ?

Did he launder his uniform?

Usually, though, the document it before washing. But not in this case. Luddy did a good job detailing how really haphazard the "Forensics" were in this case, so I won't rehash them, but clearly, this was not a professional police force. These were a bunch of squirrel cops defending one of their own.

Did he launder his uniform or wipe down the vehicle?

If washing the blood off his skin was done to get rid of evidence, then he, and the force did a piss poor job, didn't they?
I would not want anyone's blood on me, especially a thug's. Things like hepatitis, AIDS and tuberculosis are prevalent in the black community. Eww!
Tells us all we need to know about you. Your very words out your disgusting, racist worldview.

You realize that officers often wash the blood from themselves because of blood borne disease, Right? This is NOT unusual, and most often done at the scene, Right ?

Did he launder his uniform?

Usually, though, the document it before washing. But not in this case. Luddy did a good job detailing how really haphazard the "Forensics" were in this case, so I won't rehash them, but clearly, this was not a professional police force. These were a bunch of squirrel cops defending one of their own.

Did he launder his uniform or wipe down the vehicle?

If washing the blood off his skin was done to get rid of evidence, then he, and the force did a piss poor job, didn't they?
I would not want anyone's blood on me, especially a thug's. Things like hepatitis, AIDS and tuberculosis are prevalent in the black community. Eww!
Tells us all we need to know about you. Your very words out your disgusting, racist worldview.

Go ahead and exchange bodily fluids. Your call. For me it's pretty yucky.

It's really simple to measure the distance, and quite accurately:

Those who measured started at the fire-hydrant that was near the police car from which officer Wilson fired the deadly shots:

Photo1.jpg

Distance from the driver's side door (when officer Wilson claims he fired the shots) to the fire hydrant: 17 feet.

Distance from the fire hydrant to the spot where Michael Brown was standing when he was shot: 131 feet.

131 +17 = 148.

Now, there is an angle involved between the cop car and the hydrant, which means that actual distance of 17 feet, calculated as a straight line, will be somewhat less, maybe one third less. So, the true distance may be 140 to 141 feet. The angle represented by the yellow line looks to be about 35 degrees to the plain, if you consider the straight path of the sidewalk next to the hydrant to be the plain.

The police report says 35 feet. And a police officer said TWICE in a press conference that the distance was 35 feet:

(1:13 and 6:01)

35 feet and 148 are nowhere close to each other in terms of distance. 148 feet = 49 yards, or just about one-half of a football field.

The film clearly documents the start and end points, and they can be confirmed by police photos and photos shot by witnesses on that day.

35 feet could be an argument for immediate danger for a police officer. But 148 feet? No way.

Why did the Ferguson police lie about this detail?

And if the Ferguson police have lied about this, then we must ask what else they have lied about?

You know, sometimes it's all about simple math. The Ferguson police can lie for a while, but they cannot change geography and they cannot undo so many photos and videos.

Discuss.

Does a suspected perpetrator who is 148 feet away from an officer represent a danger to that officer's life?

Kudos to Officer Wilson.

Those many 48 yard combat hits on target near center mass is mighty good shooting.

;)

Michael Brown was 148 feet from Wilson as he was shot to death
No he wasn't.

Simple math proves you wrong. And it is documented. You can even see the flowers still being put on the sidewalk directly across from the spot where Michael Brown was shot down in cold blood, 148 feet away from an officer who was in no way in danger.

If he was truly 148 ft away all I can say is............THATS SOME DAMN FINE SHOOTEN!!!!
Thats is an extremely long shot for a pistol in a pressure situation,or in any situation for that matter.
Good shooten officer Wilson!!

He was a criminal. Not that I believe your distances at all but he could have been 148 MILES away and he would still have deserved to die.

Maybe he deserved to be arrested and should have gotten a fair trial and a judgement. That's what the law says.

Do you not believe in the rule of law.

Policemen are not arrested for performing their duty.

The question is: did he do his duty or did he overstep the bounds of legality, which makes the kill unjustified. This is a strictly legal issue.

And the legal issue has already been settled by the Grand Jury investigation. Get over it and move on.

Thats about 40 yards. Which for one is a very hard shot under stress with a pistol.

40 yards can be covered by NFL linemen who weigh 350 lbs in about 5.0 seconds.

5 seconds with your life on the line.

Let him get closer to be SURE hes really coming back for the gun?

Run and hope you can out run him? Cops dont do that and shouldnt.

Whatever. One less thug.
That 148 feet stated by the OP is just 2' shy of 50 yards. Any poster making claims of 50 yard head shots in rapid Fire under duress by and average LEO has no clue about firearms.

I'm a damn good shot and I'm not taking a 50yd head shot with a handgun. If anything at that distance your hoping just for center mass

3 bullet casings found close to browns body

evidence the distance between the two which was much MUCH less then 148 feet
I just assumed Wilson was pursing the fleeing teen firing away at him.. missing the shots when he was far away, causing the boy to turn.. and then as they came together he started hitting him ... and finally was close enough to shoot him in the head for the coup de grace.
A possible scenario. Was, however, not in the FPD description of events.

The casings were strewn down the street. Wilson says he was backing up as the boy charged. But we also know Wilson pursued. So either the casings are strewn down the street as they approached each other or Wilson was shooting while backpedaling. Either way Wilson is not standing in one spot.

Maybe he deserved to be arrested and should have gotten a fair trial and a judgement. That's what the law says.

Do you not believe in the rule of law.

If he put his hands up and submitted, he would have deserved to be arrested and should have gotten a fair trial. Instead, he decided to charge an armed man.

Does that sink in for you, Statist?

I'd like to know if blacks have a right to attack people and take their property. Maybe I missed something.
Nobody has that right. Two separate events.

Here I thought Brown attacked Wilson. That much seems to be air-tight. The question I posed was whether he had a right to.
Interesting. So what would have happened if Wilson had been shot and killed with his own gun. The story would be Brown telling the jury that Wilson tried to run him over then said he was gonna kill me. I reached into the car to stop him from shooting me and the gun accidentally went off.

The casings were strewn down the street. Wilson says he was backing up as the boy charged. But we also know Wilson pursued. So either the casings are strewn down the street as they approached each other or Wilson was shooting while backpedaling. Either way Wilson is not standing in one spot.

I have a Glock 17, Wilson had a Glock 19 - there is a minor difference in the weapons, but very minor.

At 25 FEET I can hit what I'm aiming at. At 50 feet, I can hit most of the time. At 100 feet, I occasionally hit the target. Statist claims that Wilson was in motion at 150 feet and making precision, deadly hits..

Wilson was charged by a bull, and was firing wildly in desperate attempt to survive the encounter.

Obama has utter and complete contempt for the rule of law, so I have little doubt that his goons in the criminal DOJ will trump up charges to "get Wilson." The Party will have it's lynching, one way or the other.

Interesting. So what would have happened if Wilson had been shot and killed with his own gun. The story would be Brown telling the jury that Wilson tried to run him over then said he was gonna kill me. I reached into the car to stop him from shooting me and the gun accidentally went off.
What would have happened? Brown would have been executed in Jefferson City, Missouri's death row. Wilson's actions not only saved himself but also the tax payer a lot of money

Forum List

Back