Mickey Rooney died

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdhldj0xhc]mickey rooney is now Loving Life - YouTube[/ame]

R.I.P. Mickey Rooney

Last edited by a moderator:
omg noooooooooooooooo Hollywood is finished now.

i don't give a fig anymore. No more Hollywood for me.

Mickey Rooney

When he appears on talk shows, Rooney almost invariably reminds audiences that he was the number one box office star of 1939, 1940 and 1941. "I was the number one star in the world, you hear me? The world!" He then regales the host with tales from his Hollywood history. He also says he came up with the stage name "Marilyn Monroe" for blonde innocent Norma Jean Baker, and lost his virginity in a brothel where the tab was paid by show-biz pal Milton Berle. He says he "discovered" Sammy Davis, Jr., and turned down the Archie Bunker role in All in the Family. He says he "discovered" Sammy Davis, Jr., and turned down the Archie Bunker role in All in the Family. He says he became a born-again Christian in the early 1970s, when an angel appeared to him in a diner. And he fondly remembers being called "the best actor America ever produced" by Laurence Olivier. At some point, credulity snaps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjVOLe385Cw]Mickey Rooney as Mickey McGuire - "Mickey's Pals" (1927) - YouTube[/ame]

I forgot he was still alive, or maybe it's because I always confuse Andy Rooney and Mickey Rooney.

RIP. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World was my favorite movie growing up.

Mickey Rooney was the incredibly talented comedic actor with a 50+ year career, and Andy Rooney was the talentless hack who griped about cordless phones on TV, right?

One of the greats. Can Doris Day and Kirk Douglas be far behind?

He was the last survivor of "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world".

Last edited:

You know, you're right. I hadn't thought of that, but he was the last of the main cast, at least.

There were so many cameos and bit parts in that movie that I'm sure some of them must still be alive.

You know, you're right. I hadn't thought of that, but he was the last of the main cast, at least.

There were so many cameos and bit parts in that movie that I'm sure some of them must still be alive.

I don't think so. I have been keeping track for years. Sis Caesar was second to last. he died in Feb. , 2014, I think. Johnathan Winters died last year. Even Edie Adams has been gone for years, and she was young.

Last edited:
What a career he had

One of the greatest child actors. It is strange that he got his best roles playing a child or playing an old man

What a career he had

One of the greatest child actors. It is strange that he got his best roles playing a child or playing an old man

Someone who commented said--'My grandfather watched his films and now my son watches his films'--3 generations? From the 1920's ----8 decades?

I must have been 10 or 12--watched the Andy Hardy films on the old movie channel.

Quite a guy.

Forum List

Back