Middle School Teacher Among Those Arrested For Vandalizing Boarded-up Columbus Statue

The teacher should be fired
If idiocy was just cause for firing, half of America would be out of work!
I think being arrested for vandalism is a just cause for firing

You would be wrong. Thank you for your concern!

really? malicious vandalism is not enough of a moral flaw to get rid of a teacher?
really? malicious vandalism is not enough of a moral flaw to get rid of a teacher?
Not in lib la la land where most teachers reside

nothing must interfere with their plans for double dipping

"Double dipping"? What are you talking about?
You know what I’m talking about

retire young enough from one government job to begin another and collect two pensions
Half of the time they retire early from their job take a pension and get hired back to the same position. They have been scamming the system for years.

How is that a scam?
Because they had no intention of retiring. They took the pension as a bonus. And then hired back on.
If you work past your eligible retirement age, you are working for a reduced salary. That's not a scam.

Many of my coworkers are retired military. They now work for a contractor that offers zero benefits. Other employees are Reservists ad National Guardsmen who get their medical and insurance benefits through their service.

My son-in-law is a full time firefighter for the government on an Army post and does weekends as a firefighter (crash crew) for the Air National Guard. Is that a scam?
I’m talking about government workers who do this regularly and often times are directed to do it by their bosses to scam the government out of money (that they see as a bonus). I’m not referring to military folks that also work for the fire department ( I know several who do the same)... I have no problem with that.

Public school system is where kids are first introduced to anti-Americanism, and where they develop their hatred of America.

If you care about preserving the United States of America, get your kids out of the system, and find an alternative that doesn't turn them into American-hating zombies.

They should disband the teachers union the same way they should disband the police union and the government service unions. Government unions are evil.
You realize that is against the law. Right?
Time to treat teacher unions like air controllers.
Air controllers were fired because PATCO went on strike illegally. It is illegal for most teachers to strike also, shit for brains!
The only teacher strike while I was in school was in Kentucky when I was in 6th or 7th grade in the late 1960s. Don't know if it was legal or not, but they reached and agreement, both side claiming they won. Who knows, maybe they did.
You are older than me, but there was no strike in Louisville after 1966 because I would remember.
1966 would have put me 6th grade at Hendron (outside Paducah), but I kind of think it was while at Lone Oak Middle School, because I remember not having to catch the bus for a few days. 6th grade and below I walked 1/10th of a mile.

Fairly common to have educators involved in anti-American activities. Reason #59,956 on why to homeschool.

I've never understood this passion for Christopher Columbus. He made four trips to the West Indies, but NEVER set foot on the actual North American continent....In short, he DIDN'T DISCOVER AMERICA.. Yet, we name rivers and areas and towns after him and even have a day named for him. It's absurd. I'm surprised the people naming this continent didn't name it Columbia. Amerigus Vespucci, an Italian, landed on the American continent.....the South American Continent.....and.....the Central American region, but never actually the North American continent. The only reason our continent is even named North America, is because of European Cartographers putting his first name on the regions. Leif Erickson was the first European to land on the North American continent but didn't stay. John Cabot discovered the North American coast, having been commissioned by Henry VII to explore that region. However, the words, "Cabot Continent" doesn't have much of a ring to it. Makes me think of Cabbage.
The true discoverers of North America, were migrants that "walked," yes, walked from what is now Northern Russia, across a long gone land bridge to what is now Alaska. So, if we're going to have a statue and a day for discoverers, it should be a Native American statue and a Native American Holiday. The problem is what would the statue look like.....so many tribes to choose from. I suppose that the Inuit's are the closest descendants to those that migrated across.

You're right, he didn't actually personally accomplish much of what we give him credit for. He's a symbol, the official receptacle of everything good and bad about the West's expansion into this hemisphere.
It's much easier to simply say "Columbus" when forming an argument about either the approval or the rage about the European wave upon this hemisphere.

Fairly common to have educators involved in anti-American activities. Reason #59,956 on why to homeschool.

Rhode Island. Home of Libtards R' Us! Reason #59,956 why you are a moron.
Hook
Line
Sinker

Nobody ever said there were not libtard teachers. I taught in the same system as that teacher of the year about 10 years ago. Louisville is the only major lib-dominated school system in the entire state. I taught in an inner city schools that was rated the worst in the state. My contract was not renewed because I was too strict!
Just 90% of teachers and professors are Leftards though.

Really? Where is your source for that information? I think you did what you normally do and pulled it out of your ass. Your boyfriend must be glad your nether orifice is back in business!

I could just as easily say that in my 21 years as a teacher, I found exactly the opposite to be true.
No, those all retired.
It’s dominated by left wing curriculum now so even if they were not lefties as individuals they’re all required to teach lefty.

I've never understood this passion for Christopher Columbus. He made four trips to the West Indies, but NEVER set foot on the actual North American continent....In short, he DIDN'T DISCOVER AMERICA.. Yet, we name rivers and areas and towns after him and even have a day named for him. It's absurd. I'm surprised the people naming this continent didn't name it Columbia. Amerigus Vespucci, an Italian, landed on the American continent.....the South American Continent.....and.....the Central American region, but never actually the North American continent. The only reason our continent is even named North America, is because of European Cartographers putting his first name on the regions. Leif Erickson was the first European to land on the North American continent but didn't stay. John Cabot discovered the North American coast, having been commissioned by Henry VII to explore that region. However, the words, "Cabot Continent" doesn't have much of a ring to it. Makes me think of Cabbage.
The true discoverers of North America, were migrants that "walked," yes, walked from what is now Northern Russia, across a long gone land bridge to what is now Alaska. So, if we're going to have a statue and a day for discoverers, it should be a Native American statue and a Native American Holiday. The problem is what would the statue look like.....so many tribes to choose from. I suppose that the Inuit's are the closest descendants to those that migrated across.

You're right, he didn't actually personally accomplish much of what we give him credit for. He's a symbol, the official receptacle of everything good and bad about the West's expansion into this hemisphere.
It's much easier to simply say "Columbus" when forming an argument about either the approval or the rage about the European wave upon this hemisphere.
Thank God for European settlement of New World.

retire young enough from one government job to begin another and collect two pensions
Half of the time they retire early from their job take a pension and get hired back to the same position. They have been scamming the system for years.

How is that a scam?
Because they had no intention of retiring. They took the pension as a bonus. And then hired back on.
If you work past your eligible retirement age, you are working for a reduced salary. That's not a scam.

Many of my coworkers are retired military. They now work for a contractor that offers zero benefits. Other employees are Reservists ad National Guardsmen who get their medical and insurance benefits through their service.

My son-in-law is a full time firefighter for the government on an Army post and does weekends as a firefighter (crash crew) for the Air National Guard. Is that a scam?
I’m talking about government workers who do this regularly and often times are directed to do it by their bosses to scam the government out of money (that they see as a bonus). I’m not referring to military folks that also work for the fire department ( I know several who do the same)... I have no problem with that.

You are not making sense. Where do you draw the line?

How is that a scam?

Their level of hate for others.

The right to protest is a right enshrined in the Constitution. The need for violent protest is something that Thomas Jefferson noted would always be needed. (it's one reason for the 2nd Amendment).

Can I assume that this is something those who wish to homeschool wish to exclude from their curriculum?
James Madison noted in Federalist No.10 that the new Constitution could deal with factions.

Thank God for European settlement of New World.
Oddly enough guilt-ridden white libs hate the fact that they were born in America instead in europe

go figure

The right to protest is a right enshrined in the Constitution. The need for violent protest is something that Thomas Jefferson noted would always be needed. (it's one reason for the 2nd Amendment).

Can I assume that this is something those who wish to homeschool wish to exclude from their curriculum?
James Madison noted in Federalist No.10 that the new Constitution could deal with factions.

He argued that all needed to respect the rights of the minorities. I wish that would be taught.

He argued that all needed to respect the rights of the minorities. I wish that would be taught.
Minority political opinions. Not vandal's and looters.

How is that a scam?

When it is illegal but they try to get around the laws to scam the taxpayers. An example...

How is that a scam?

Their level of hate for others.
Incorrect.

Minorities. People aren't rioting if their problems are addressed.

If a teacher is charged and convicted it is time to poll there teaching certification

Minorities. People aren't rioting if their problems are addressed.
Bullshit

How is that a scam?

When it is illegal but they try to get around the laws to scam the taxpayers. An example...
That was 3 years ago. What was the end result?

If a teacher is charged and convicted it is time to poll there teaching certification
Poll? Did you mean "pull"?

In my state, you have to be investigated by the state Professional Standards Board. Since this not teaching related, don't get your hopes up!

Forum List

Back