Midterm senate map a democrat nightmare

Most political neophytes look at the top of the ballot and say "The Republicans won!"

It is the down-ballot races that determine the future of the country. The Republican landslide happened in the states, and looks poised to continue in the mid-term (a decided indicator, given that normally, the ruling party loses seats during the mid-term).

If the Dems don't figure out how to regroup in the next 6-12 months, they are in danger of becoming irrelevant.

Not all republicans are created equally.

If we get a gaggle of Rand Paul and Jason Lewis types, I'll go with it. But history shows that we usually end up with mostly Tom Cotton and Lisa Murkowski types.

If we get a gaggle of Rand Paul and Jason Lewis types, I'll go with it. But history shows that we usually end up with mostly Tom Cotton and Lisa Murkowski types.

However, people my age are beginning to take seats in the House of Representin'.

These old crows have an expiration date.

We'll see. If we get a bunch of Tom Cotton clones in exchange, we'll be no better off.
The fact remains progressives don't vote in the midterms, And the state houses and governorships are going to just keep on getting a read.

A bunch of blueberries in a sea of red…:dance::dance::dance::dance::deal:

That is true, but this election is showing that the GOP establishment candidate/career politician is living on borrowed time. The sooner we kick the bozos out of Washington The better.

Most political neophytes look at the top of the ballot and say "The Republicans won!"

It is the down-ballot races that determine the future of the country. The Republican landslide happened in the states, and looks poised to continue in the mid-term (a decided indicator, given that normally, the ruling party loses seats during the mid-term).

If the Dems don't figure out how to regroup in the next 6-12 months, they are in danger of becoming irrelevant.

You know, I heard for the last eight years of Dems predicting the Republicans would be irrelevant and now this? Come on, neither party will be irrelevant in a two party system. They are both to big and to powerful.

You know, I heard for the last eight years of Dems predicting the Republicans would be irrelevant and now this? Come on, neither party will be irrelevant in a two party system. They are both to big and to powerful.

I agree, dont get cocky. Now the democrats are in a shambles for the short term. They have no bench and no real stars, except extremists like Warren. But somone could come out of nowhere

In 2008 Liberals were saying the Republican party was dead. Damn things changed rather quickly. America wised up to Liberalism.

That is true, but this election is showing that the GOP establishment candidate/career politician is living on borrowed time. The sooner we kick the bozos out of Washington The better.

I'll hold my judgement on that until I see the actual cabinet and department head choices.

I strongly suspect that we're going to end up with about 90% of the usual suspects that a chump like Jeb! would have appointed.

Forum List

Back