Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
33n8f3q.jpg

5zlbug.jpg

1zxmfwg.jpg

2loso3.jpg

2a7y2y8.jpg

41,000 original miles on it, asking price is 3000.00. Over heats, so hubby is going to check it out first to see if it's the thermostat or something more dire. Belongs to a real estate agent and he and his wife no longer use it and want it to go to a new home where someone will appreciate it. That would be me.:)

I worry about the future and being homeless. This might be our home...IF the engine is good.

1989 or 1990. The paperwork is in it and the lady can't remember which. We go look at it closer tomorrow.

I've been trying to convince the hubs to buy a camper, but with the amount of time he spends sleeping in tents for work, he hasn't been up for camping in a long time.

The owner of this house wants it back in October of 2014. We have no place to go. Well, we could rent a place, but...I haven't found one person who will rent to two old fogies with 3 old dogs and 1 old cat. And I am NOT getting rid of my fur KIDS. So....I stress. And I worry. And I make myself sick wondering what is to become of us. This might be the solution. House...on wheels. Pay space rent somewhere. Or find someone with land and hookups and need extra eyes on the back 40 of their property.
I have a smidge saved up. I can afford this IF there are no leaks in the roof and the engine is sound. MPG is going to be atrocious though. Until we find a spot to park it for awhile.

That is, if we buy it at all. 3 grand is mighty inexpensive for such an RV.

$3,000 sounds like a bargain, even if you have to go a little work to bring up to snuff.

The owner of this house wants it back in October of 2014. We have no place to go. Well, we could rent a place, but...I haven't found one person who will rent to two old fogies with 3 old dogs and 1 old cat. And I am NOT getting rid of my fur KIDS. So....I stress. And I worry. And I make myself sick wondering what is to become of us. This might be the solution. House...on wheels. Pay space rent somewhere. Or find someone with land and hookups and need extra eyes on the back 40 of their property.
I have a smidge saved up. I can afford this IF there are no leaks in the roof and the engine is sound. MPG is going to be atrocious though. Until we find a spot to park it for awhile.

That is a virtual STEAL at 3 grand. I would have thought 10 or so. With only 41K miles, there shouldn't be much wrong with the engine and drive train. If you don't buy it, let me know.

I know....3 grand??? That is cheap! But...usually if it is too good to be true...you know the rest.
We look at it tomorrow at 1:30. Hubby will check out the engine thoroughly. The owners said they will have their mechanic look at it as well.
I can sink a few hundred in it, but it will be crunch on the piddly savings I have for emergencies. I can't go more than 4 grand...repairs and all.
Then I will have to sell my car to recoup. Which is fine. I will miss it, but....hubby, me, 3 dogs, 1 cat will NOT fit in my sidekick suzuki jeep. lol

Just think of the 6mpg carbon footprint you can leave behind you. :D

And..if we DO buy it...if anyone here has acreage and needs eyeballs to help guard it from tresspassers.....holler, lol. We will be on our way sometime in 2014. Just be sure we have hookups. I will want my tv and internet. :lol:

$3000 is a decent price if it needs work. RVs are terribly expensive to maintain and older ones break frequently, that's why they don't hold value. However, you'll spend FAR less on an RV than you will on rent.

I know....3 grand??? That is cheap! But...usually if it is too good to be true...you know the rest.
We look at it tomorrow at 1:30. Hubby will check out the engine thoroughly. The owners said they will have their mechanic look at it as well.
I can sink a few hundred in it, but it will be crunch on the piddly savings I have for emergencies. I can't go more than 4 grand...repairs and all.
Then I will have to sell my car to recoup. Which is fine. I will miss it, but....hubby, me, 3 dogs, 1 cat will NOT fit in my sidekick suzuki jeep. lol
Keep the jeep, buy the motor home, park it on a waterfront lot, take the wheels off and let the dogs sleep under it. Keep the cat in the house cause it won't last the night in the woods.

Get yourself a small boat and two paddles. Catch fish and let 'em go. Ya caint be tat!

...and throw the TV in the lake!

Last edited:
Wish I could do all that, but I can't. Besides..the dogs sleep with me. Cat goes where the dog she belongs to goes..which is not far from me. Can't sell the truck....he hauls scrap metals in it..which gives us extra income when he cleans it up and resells it to the scrap yard.

In short..we are limited in options. But your ideas are great! Wish I were younger. I would do exactly that.

I see ads all the time from folks looking for someone to be caretakers of property they own...but are not at often. RV hookups available, and all we need to do is feed their pets and water the flowers. Sometimes free space rent..sometimes a small fee in exhcange for being eyeballs when they are not there.

That is the plan C I have in mind. Plan A was to get a small place and just rent. Not easy to do with the furkids. So Plan B was to find an RV. Plan C is to find a place to put the rv. Plan D is to sell the RV once we find a place we can rent on our SSI and get back into a small house with a yard.

Then again, Plan E could be we be daid by then which sets in place Plan D...for Daid So Fergitaboutit. :lol:

Overheating can be serious so check it out. Can be the thermostat or even the temperature control sensor, both pretty cheap an easy.

If the engine and drivetrain check out it looks like a bargain.

There is a online forum, might sound cheesy, but I think it's called cheaprvliving. Mostly for van living, but also I've seen great ideas from people who full time in an RV. Discovered it when I lived in a small RV (converted van) for 6 months while living away from the family for a job assignment.

They have ideas for jobs while full timing, that might also be something that interests you.

Last edited:
And..if we DO buy it...if anyone here has acreage and needs eyeballs to help guard it from tresspassers.....holler, lol. We will be on our way sometime in 2014. Just be sure we have hookups. I will want my tv and internet. :lol:

I think that's an excellent idea. Might find a farmer looking to trade a few chores for a place to park and some electricity.

House sitters...without going in their house. Feed the dogs, the cat, water the plants on the porch, keep trespassers from breaking in. Then head on out to the next place. And on. And on. And on. Long as we can drive and can hold a hose, lol.

House sitters...without going in their house. Feed the dogs, the cat, water the plants on the porch, keep trespassers from breaking in. Then head on out to the next place. And on. And on. And on. Long as we can drive and can hold a hose, lol.

It's absolutely possible. Some people actually have made a living doing it. Had a friend who's daughter house sat a $350,000 home in the Berkley hillS for 3 months. View from the kitchen window was the Golden Gate Bridge. Sounded like a good gig

You be interested in a Henry lever action .45 cal long colt?

Forum List

Back