Mike Johnson becomes Speaker of the House

We don’t need 12 aircraft carriers.

Without our aid, Ukraine ceases to exist
sure maybe we don't...

maybe Ukraine doesn't either...not really something I am concerned with, but if they do want our aid, there is certainly nothing at all wrong us making sure our aid isn't stolen.

IMG_0696.jpeg

We don’t need 12 aircraft carriers.
I disagree. We actually need more carriers with some versatility. What we don’t need are more super carriers equipped for all-mission/scalable, 3,500-6,000 sailors. Nope. We need to have fast carriers that are essentially empty until we need them. Then, when and if a war heats up, we can deploy the carrier along side one of the Nimitz Class or Ford Class and land the planes on there from air bases on land. Give them a capacity of 25-50 aircraft. When the air wings on the Reagan or Truman are finished pounding a target, the planes from these floating runways take over. Or, if there needs to be an evacuation, staff the ship with helicopters instead. If you need to

The MAGA folks got completely ignored as Johnson teamed with the Democrats to pass a CR that cut...nothing.

#winning.

The DOD is funded through Feb, the rest of the government only until Jan 19th.

The CR is "clean," with no spending cuts or contentious policy provisions that would alienate Democrats. It also does not include a supplemental package covering things like aid for Israel and Ukraine, humanitarian assistance or border security, leaving those issues for later in the year.

No more money for Israel or Ukraine, I call that a win for now.

So...basically, on the wrong side of history in every possible way. Except for being pro-life, which I'm totally cool with.

It's classic the guy who hates everything about Trump yet has the greatest Trumpatar ever says that. Think about it, LOL

The DOD is funded through Feb, the rest of the government only until Jan 19th.

The CR is "clean," with no spending cuts or contentious policy provisions that would alienate Democrats. It also does not include a supplemental package covering things like aid for Israel and Ukraine, humanitarian assistance or border security, leaving those issues for later in the year.

No more money for Israel or Ukraine, I call that a win for now.
No spending cuts...and you call that a win. Are you a RINO?

But you’re calling the cave-in a win none the less.

I guess... :th_spinspin:

There is no doubt that MAGA has failed once again. All that you can do is try to spin.
So a CR until January is a “win” for you?

Does that mean if the gov shuts down then, you will be happy?

So a CR until January is a “win” for you?
I’d prefer a budget. But as long as the the government is open, functioning, serving the people...yep...it’s a big win. I like national parks, national forests, national seashores, historical parks, military parks etc... All of those close when they have a shutdown.
Does that mean if the gov shuts down then, you will be happy?
You’d have to be batshit crazy to be happy about a government shutdown.

Forum List

Back