Minimum Wage Increases Passed in All Five States Where It Was on the Ballot

the idea is to make the number in poverty as small as possible. Generational welfare increases the numbers in poverty. Raising the minimum wage will not reduce the number in poverty,

People earning minimum wages would not be poor if it was above the poverty level. Furthermore you are disingenuously conflating welfare with poverty. Americans earning minimum wage are workers.

That should tell you a lot.

It means that a lot of people are hurting from the economy and they believe the hype that they are being taken advantage of by big mean companies. This will end up in a decrease of available jobs with small businesses. I know liberals want credit for their intentions rather than the results of their policies because they never admit when they fail.

Bottom line is that people will always vote themselves more money. That is why Dems get elected by those on the doles.

Poverty can only be eliminated by a robust thriving economy with more job openings than workers.

Just like we had under Bill Clinton's administration. Everything was fine until Bush jr started giving massive tax cuts to the highest earners and then the "robust economy" disappeared, wages stagnated and jobs became scarce because Republicans outsourced them.

you fricken moron. Congress passed those tax cuts, and Obama continued them for the last 6 years. If they were so awful why didn't barry cancel them? or get the dem controlled congress in 09 and 10 to cancel them?

Then what of the ballot measures banning gay marriage? Funny, your definition of 'binding.'

Determined to be unconstitutional because they violate equal protection under the law.

No, they don't. Marriage is not a federally guaranteed "right".

Marriage is a legal contract and the Constitution guarantees everyone the right to equality under the law therefore marriage laws must apply equally to all consenting adults.

So yes, it is a "federally guaranteed right",

we disagree, but this thread is not about gay stuff.

You are welcome to your ignorant opinion but the Constitutional right of equality under the law protects gay marriage.

You are wrong, SCOTUS says you are wrong. But rave on, no one cares.

It tells me a couple of things.

People are hurting and most people don't have a clue what they're voting for or against.

the idea is to make the number in poverty as small as possible. Generational welfare increases the numbers in poverty. Raising the minimum wage will not reduce the number in poverty,

People earning minimum wages would not be poor if it was above the poverty level. Furthermore you are disingenuously conflating welfare with poverty. Americans earning minimum wage are workers.

OK, then why not make it $50/hour? If $10/hour is good why isn't $50 better? No answer? of course not, because your whole argument is bullshit.

OK, then why not make it $50/hour? If $10/hour is good why isn't $50 better? No answer? of course not, because your whole argument is bullshit.

Because $50 is too high, a lot of companies flat out could not afford to pay everyone $50 an hour. $10 is actually kinda low, but it's better then nothing.

You aren't making much of a point here.

Because $50 is too high. $10 is actually kinda low, but it's better then nothing.

my point is valid and simple. if raising the minimum wage to $10 would be good for workers and the economy, as you claim, then $50 would be wonderful for the workers and the economy.

My point is that the minimum wage argument is meaningless. the price of labor is set by supply and demand. fast food workers are making $20/hr in north dakota where the economy is booming, and the govt has nothing to do with it.

Because $50 is too high. $10 is actually kinda low, but it's better then nothing.

my point is valid and simple. if raising the minimum wage to $10 would be good for workers and the economy, as you claim, then $50 would be wonderful for the workers and the economy.

My point is that the minimum wage argument is meaningless. the price of labor is set by supply and demand. fast food workers are making $20/hr in north dakota where the economy is booming, and the govt has nothing to do with it.

No one ever said minimum wage is some magical entity that the more you have the better it works...

Companies cannot afford a $50 an hour minimum wage. They can easily afford $10 an hour. Price of labor is set by supply and demand in China too...with not so great results. I know the corporate wealthy would love to see the US working population have the same quality of life as the lower class Chinese but some of us don't think like them.

No one ever said minimum wage is some magical entity that the more you have the better it works...

Companies cannot afford a $50 an hour minimum wage. They can easily afford $10 an hour. Price of labor is set by supply and demand in China too...with not so great results. I know the corporate wealthy would love to see the US working population have the same quality of life as the lower class Chinese but some of us don't think like them.

OMG, the poor "working" people. The evil corporations want them all to live in tents and eat worms and work 80 hours a week for nothing.

will you libs ever stop whining and take responsibility for your own lives?

Poverty can only be eliminated by a robust thriving economy with more job openings than workers.

Just like we had under Bill Clinton's administration. Everything was fine until Bush jr started giving massive tax cuts to the highest earners and then the "robust economy" disappeared, wages stagnated and jobs became scarce because Republicans outsourced them.

you fricken moron. Congress passed those tax cuts, and Obama continued them for the last 6 years. If they were so awful why didn't barry cancel them? or get the dem controlled congress in 09 and 10 to cancel them?

Interesting how your ignore that it was the GOP congress that passed those massive tax cuts for the wealthy (using controversial reconciliation procedures) that racked up the national debt to record setting levels while increasing poverty levels that had been declining under Clinton. Furthermore the Dems did repeal them in 2012.

You wear your partisan ignorance so proudly.

OMG, the poor "working" people. The evil corporations want them all to live in tents and eat worms and work 80 hours a week for nothing.

Your ignorance is palpable. Before labor laws people were forced to work 80 hrs for a pittance and poverty levels were far higher. It was only because the government of We the People enacted laws restraining corporations from ruthlessly exploiting hard working Americans that we are where we are today.

Corporations will never do what is right unless they are required to do so by law. Fools like you are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past because you are incapable of learning.

The robust economy was gone when Bush took office, remember the dot com bubble bursting the recession?

Your ignorance is palpable. Before labor laws people were forced to work 80 hrs for a pittance and poverty levels were far higher. It was only because the government of We the People enacted laws restraining corporations from ruthlessly exploiting hard working Americans that we are where we are today.

Corporations will never do what is right unless they are required to do so by law. Fools like you are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past because you are incapable of learning.

Funny that is how I feel about the government and government officials. Must have something to do with power.

Funny that is how I feel about the government and government officials. Must have something to do with power.

That you hate We the People who formed a government OF the people and FOR the people says that you have swallowed the rabid RW Kool Aid that "corporations are people" who will take care of you when you are sick and provide you with a comfortable retirement.

That you hate We the People who formed a government OF the people and FOR the people says that you have swallowed the rabid RW Kool Aid that "corporations are people" who will take care of you when you are sick and provide you with a comfortable retirement.

I don't think I ever posted any such thing, however I have no more reason to trust the government than I do a corporation.

Again, it has to do with power and those in power seem to be corrupt.

Forum List

Back