Minimum Wage Increases Passed in All Five States Where It Was on the Ballot

This is hilarious. A few minor issues like minimum wage and pot smoking passed in a few blue states, and you shills are here saying this means the whole country is really progressive at heart.

The progressive ***** just can't accept the fact that they got their asses handed to them over the vast majority of the country. Even several deep blue states went red.
Do us all a a favor and move to Washington, you all deserve each other.

The minimum wage measures passed in four Republican states plus Illinois. In Illinois, they elected a Republican Governor who opposed a hike in the minimum wage but supported the minimum wage increase by a margin of 63% to 37%. The results of this election are interesting to say the least, but I do not think Dems need to be worried. People believed all the lies about Obama and he did not defend himself. Also, Dems chose to distance themselves form him rather than embrace the fact that he has led the way to a steady economic recovery. It will be interesting to see where the Republicans go from here, because there is a very good possibility that they assume they now have a mandate that will carry over to 2016. Dems are hoping that is the case, because the fact is that 2016 will bring a very different electorate to the table.

Steady economic recovery ????

ROTFLMAO

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

Yes, seeing 200,000 new jobs created each and every month for I don't know how long would be considered a steady recovery, especially when we compare it to the 750,000 job losses per month that Obama inherited from the previous administration. BTW, how many people do you know that are unemployed? The only person I knew who was unemployed just started a new job a couple of weeks ago. Teenage kids can't find work? My 17 year old son has two part-time jobs and is working close to 40 hours per week. The funniest thing is you dipshits hoping to go back to the 750,000 lost jobs per month. :asshole:
Still ignoring that this has been one of the most anemic recoveries we have ever had are we. Still ignoring that the economy was going to recover as that is what economies do after they crash as well.

And then call others 'dipshits.'

Probably because taxation and inflation from printing money (which is a hidden tax) have kept wages from rising, so only force of government can counter force of government and raise them to a living level.

And yes, I actually a have a localized definition of living wage:

"Living Wage: A wage that allows a man to support a stay-at-home wife and two children by being able to pay rent, electric, heating, water, laundry, basic healthcare and three good meals a day in the place he currently resides."

Notice that the following are not present: Mortgage, car-gas, car insurance, premium health insurance...etc...because you have to work harder/improve your skills/education for these things.

The problem in America is both parents working 60 hours a week, away from their children, who are indoctrinated in communist government schools.

The "minimum wage" is a vicious cycle of the welfare state. The welfare state brings everything to halt, so it needs government force to get it moving again.

Minimum wage laws should be a state issue. Let each state set its minimum wage, then let the market decide which states have the most businesses.

I think the minimum wage in California and NewYork and all blue states should be $50/hour. Come on blue states, take care of your poor.

Minimum wage laws should be a state issue. Let each state set its minimum wage, then let the market decide which states have the most businesses.

I think the minimum wage in California and NewYork and all blue states should be $50/hour. Come on blue states, take care of your poor.
Please don't do this...........then more will migrate South and infect the Red states looking for work...........

Keep them up there.

Paid sick leave... about time. A person is going to get sick once in awhile. If you are sick, you shouldn't be out there infecting others. NOr should you be penalized.

Minimum wage won't go up enough to affect either the business or the worker. Those jobs aren't meant for adults and adults should not be applying for them. One cannot live on minimum wage or even the increases. I don't consider those "jobs" as they are called.

Paid sick leave... about time. A person is going to get sick once in awhile. If you are sick, you shouldn't be out there infecting others. NOr should you be penalized.

Minimum wage won't go up enough to affect either the business or the worker. Those jobs aren't meant for adults and adults should not be applying for them. One cannot live on minimum wage or even the increases. I don't consider those "jobs" as they are called.

exactly, minimum wage is a non issue. 1% of the working population make minimum wage, most of them are teens working part time. The dems think it is an emotional issue that they can play on, but its meaningless to the vast majority of americans.

Ballot Initiatives. Worthless.

Umm..no...Ballot Measures. Binding in fact.

Then what of the ballot measures banning gay marriage? Funny, your definition of 'binding.'

Determined to be unconstitutional because they violate equal protection under the law.

No, they don't. Marriage is not a federally guaranteed "right".

Marriage is a legal contract and the Constitution guarantees everyone the right to equality under the law therefore marriage laws must apply equally to all consenting adults.

So yes, it is a "federally guaranteed right",

exactly, minimum wage is a non issue. 1% of the working population make minimum wage, most of them are teens working part time. The dems think it is an emotional issue that they can play on, but its meaningless to the vast majority of americans.

About 3.3% of the working population makes minimum wage, and the majority are older then 22 years old.

Of course the 3.3% number is a bit misleading since so many states have state minimum wages that are higher then the federal minimum wage. Also getting a 90 day raise of 10 cents takes them out of the 3.3% group as well, even though it's a trivial difference.

Then why in the fuck do people like YOU go batshit crazy about a modest wage increase for 1% (your claim) of the workers. As you say, it's a "non issue".

Again why do people like you make claims about all the disastrous things that will happen if 1% of the workers got a small increase in wages? Jobs lost, major price increase, etc.

You all claim economic disaster if this were to occur. Why?

Ballot Initiatives. Worthless.

Then what of the ballot measures banning gay marriage? Funny, your definition of 'binding.'

Determined to be unconstitutional because they violate equal protection under the law.

Marriage is a legal contract and the Constitution guarantees everyone the right to equality under the law therefore marriage laws must apply equally to all consenting adults.

we disagree, but this thread is not about gay stuff.

Then why in the fuck do people like YOU go batshit crazy about a modest wage increase for 1% (your claim) of the workers. As you say, it's a "non issue".

Again why do people like you make claims about all the disastrous things that will happen if 1% of the workers got a small increase in wages? Jobs lost, major price increase, etc.

You all claim economic disaster if this were to occur. Why?

I don't give a flying fuck about minimum wages. Earlier I said I am in favor of all blue states making the minimum wage $50/hour. Maybe it should be $100/hour. What do you think it should be? "living wage" is NOT an answer.

the problem is that raising the pay of 1% of the working population (mosting teens working part time) won't fix the problem of poverty. Poverty can only be eliminated by a robust thriving economy with more job openings than workers.

I don't give a flying fuck about minimum wages. Earlier I said I am in favor of all blue states making the minimum wage $50/hour. Maybe it should be $100/hour. What do you think it should be? "living wage" is NOT an answer.

the problem is that raising the pay of 1% of the working population (mosting teens working part time) won't fix the problem of poverty. Poverty can only be eliminated by a robust thriving economy with more job openings than workers.

Now you are being fucking ridiculous. Why? And we will NEVER completely eliminate poverty. We had that thriving robust economy and we still had poverty.

Now you are being fucking ridiculous. Why? And we will NEVER completely eliminate poverty. We had that thriving robust economy and we still had poverty.

yeah, there will always be poverty, the idea is to make the number in poverty as small as possible. Generational welfare increases the numbers in poverty. Raising the minimum wage will not reduce the number in poverty, but go ahead and do it, lets see what happens.

and if $10/hour is good, why is $50/hour bad? Just think of all the stuff burger flippers could buy if they made $50/hour. Tell me why that would be a bad thing.

yeah, there will always be poverty, the idea is to make the number in poverty as small as possible. Generational welfare increases the numbers in poverty. Raising the minimum wage will not reduce the number in poverty, but go ahead and do it, lets see what happens.

and if $10/hour is good, why is $50/hour bad? Just think of all the stuff burger flippers could buy if they made $50/hour. Tell me why that would be a bad thing.

Why not only tax rich people 3 cents a year so they have more money to create jobs?
Why not shut down all public schools to reduce state budgets?
Why not spend 40% of our GDP on military to take out all terrorist threats?
Why not stop all social security and medicare payments to reduce government debt?

Going to extremes does not prove or reveal anything...it just makes you look like a clown.

we disagree, but this thread is not about gay stuff.

You are welcome to your ignorant opinion but the Constitutional right of equality under the law protects gay marriage.

Poverty can only be eliminated by a robust thriving economy with more job openings than workers.

Just like we had under Bill Clinton's administration. Everything was fine until Bush jr started giving massive tax cuts to the highest earners and then the "robust economy" disappeared, wages stagnated and jobs became scarce because Republicans outsourced them.

Forum List

Back