🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Minimum wage is already “livable”

Some firms were providing information to their labor force on how to apply for social services instead of increasing wages.

Right-wingers are simply Tools.
Back door subsidies for companies. We taxpayers are supplementing their payrolls..

Why don't you apply that standard to wealthy folks and politicians?
I do. Politicians should have to play by the same rules they make for us. In large part, they don't. My family is "wealthy" and we pay a boat load of taxes. We are accountable.

Minimum wage is already “livable”​

Podunk Iowa, the minimum wage is livable.

New York or San Francisco, it's not.
Another argument against a federal minimum wage. Economies vary. Personally, I wouldn't live in New York if I had to live in trash. I would move to a more favorable environment.

Threads like this are a great time to remember that the concern for the working class by the right wing is nothing but a facade.

The whole Trump movement doesn't give a damn about them.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Threads like this are a great time to remember that the concern for the working class by the right wing is nothing but a facade.

The whole Trump movement doesn't give a damn about them.
And Democrats want to play Robin Hood with other people's money. Democrats don't give a crap about real working people, only the irresponsible ones.

Listen, poor folk in Africa make ZERO dollars and it is "livable"

Sure, their stomachs are bloated and they eat their own feces, but hey, they are still "living"

At least one out of 10 survive to adulthood that is.

And when we build our grass huts to live in as it gets harder and harder to afford things, government will point to it and say that they are proud of the increased home ownership rate of those grass huts.
We have the richest and fattest poor people in the world

And Democrats want to play Robin Hood with other people's money. Democrats don't give a crap about real working people, only the irresponsible ones.
Paying people for their labor isn't playing Robin Hood.

People want to be paid more and you act like they're the bad guy. Jesus. Get a grip.

• Funny

People want to be paid more and you act like they're the bad guy. Jesus. Get a grip.
If you want to be paid more then make your labor worth more

• Thanks

Yeah, I want to be paid more too, that is why I work to better myself. I can't just walk in to my manager's office and demand more money.

If you want to be paid more then make your labor worth more
How? By increasing productivity?

We've been doing that. Productivity has been going up and up and up, but wages have not kept pace. The difference has been going to the top.

Yeah, I want to be paid more too, that is why I work to better myself. I can't just walk in to my manager's office and demand more money.
Of course you can go in and demand more money. What's stopping you?

This kind of attitude is what's so screwed up about our attitude towards work.

How? By increasing productivity?

We've been doing that. Productivity has been going up and up and up, but wages have not kept pace. The difference has been going to the top.
By increasing your skill set.

And productivity has been going up mainly because of technology not because of any improvement in the labor force

By increasing your skill set.

And productivity has been going up mainly because of technology not because of any improvement in the labor force
Productivity has ALWAYS gone up by changes in technology, but that technology still requires human intervention. The capacity to utilize the technology to increase productivity is indeed an improvement in the labor force and is indeed an increase in the skill set.

What does increasing skill set mean if not increase in productivity? They're equivalent.

To me, “livable” is how every member of my family lived when we were first starting out: either renting a room in someone’s house, or sharing a two- or three-bedroom apartment with others. I considered myself “living” doing that - I took the subway to work, did my job, bought groceries, and other basics.
You had a room?! We lived in a shoe. And we liked it. We lumped it!

Forum List

Back