🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Minimum wage is already “livable”

I do not belive anyone thinks someone working the drive thru at a fast food joint should be able to afford a 3500 square foot home with a couple of SUV's, college tuition and orthodontic bills.

Also, how many people live in a 3500 sqft home? I live in a 4 bedroom, 4 bath full walkout basement and it is less than 3000 sqft.

Anyone who really thinks about it realizes that such a lifestyle for a low ranking Walmart associate isn't going to happen.

However, how do you think that the unionists and ultraliberal politicians intend for those folks to take it when they are promising "living wages" if they elect a liberal government or decide to bring a union into a workplace?

So who says that’s required to have a livable lifestyle. They can certainly rent a room in someone’s house, or share an apartment. If they don’t like that, they can get some training so they can earn more, and live better.
History has already given us plenty of answers. Only right-wingers prefer to repeat historical mistakes and allege they are not really like that.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on where they live. Also, they could get a roommate or two. That is what aI did before landing my first "real" job.
That’s what I keep saying. Everyone I know started out renting shared homes - and that includes the college graduates with a very marketable degree. NOBODY complained. It was what was expected.

The crux of the problem is that the left is creating an entitlement society, where even the unskilled, uneducated workers feel they don’t have a livable wage if they can’t rent their own place.

I have not seen it said, but I do not read every thread.
The policies of the left imply it also. For example, building subsidized apartments on the more expensive side of town, right beside apartments where people are paying the full going rate for that area. If you want to live on the good side of the tracks, you should have to work for it. Democrats obviously don't share that sentiment, that is, until those apartments are proposed in their neighborhood.

History has already given us plenty of answers. Only right-wingers prefer to repeat historical mistakes and allege they are not really like.
You didn’t even respond to what I said. All you did was launch a typical insult against Republicans.

So I repeat: what’s wrong with a low-skilled worker, with a job so basic an 11-year-old could do it, with having to share a townhouse?

That’s what I keep saying. Everyone I know started out renting shared homes - and that includes the college graduates with a very marketable degree. NOBODY complained. It was what was expected.

The crux of the problem is that the left is creating an entitlement society, where even the unskilled, uneducated workers feel they don’t have a livable wage if they can’t rent their own place.
Special pleading is worthless. This is part of the problem that needs to be solved:
HomelessCamp.png

They also have the latest IPhones. Me? I have that Samsung gizmo they sold on HSN for $79 and a year of service. I can check emails, surf the web, and so forth. If it’s good enough for me, it’s good enough for poor people!
Well being poor has its perks eh?...lol

The policies of the left imply it also. For example, building subsidized apartments on the more expensive side of town, right beside apartments where people are paying the full going rate for that area. If you want to live on the good side of the tracks, you should have to work for it. Democrats obviously don't share that sentiment, that is, until those apartments are proposed in their neighborhood.
So true! I live in an affluent area of town, where townhouses go for $800,000 to $ 1 million, and the liberal county board voted to place a homeless shelter, with lots of mentally ill men, just a few blocks away. Their reasoning? Why shouldn’t homeless get to live in a nice part of town, also?

(Of course, the liberals on the board live elsewhere in the county - the closest is 2 miles away from the homeless shelter.)

Forum List

Back