Minn passes gay marriage

No, God will take care of them when they die.

But God clearly says that they should be stoned to death. Its in the Bible. Shouldn't we do what God is telling us to do?

That's not what God is saying. He's saying that they will not be given eternal life after death.

I don't see that anywhere. I see it saying that God has said that gay people shall be put to death. Put to death means executed, does it not?

You're full of shit. Those are direct quotes from the Bible and their meaning is unmistakable. God isn't telling anyone to go KILL fags, he's saying that homos will not be given every lasting life. YOU get YOUR facts straight. God most certainly does think homosexuality is an abomination, and you better get that straight before you get lumped in for lying.

Go peddle your propaganda somewhere else.

God isn't telling anyone to kill gay people? Really?

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

Put to death means killed. It says nothing about everlasting life. God says that homosexuals should be put to death for their 'sins'.

Admit it, and support your God!
I want you to highlight the words where you see God commanding me/you/anyone, to go kill homos...

Why do your beliefs matter more than my beliefs?

Noomi, do not put words in my mouth. If it's one thing I despise, its people who misquote me. But in counter to your question, why do yours matter more than mine? Why should I have to swallow my beliefs all for the sake of "marriage equality"?

At any rate, that ploy wont work. I got this guilt trip from many a liberal in my city. If I have to set aside my morals for the sake of equality, then it is wrong to me. It betrays who and what I am. I am a Christian, and I said nothing about who's beliefs are superior to who's. I just said it clashes with my beliefs.

You have a right to believe in whatever you want, whereas I have a right to do likewise. Now, all these gay marriage threads are a crude and rudimentary attempt to divert people away from the brewing scandal involving President Obama and company.

I am not putting words in your mouth. I am asking you why you believe that your beliefs are so important that they must violate the rights of others.

That is a red herring. Do you cherish something in your life, Noomi? I know you do. Everyone does. I cherish my faith, and I will act on its precepts. If it is offensive or it somehow gives off an impression that it restricts the rights of other people, that is not my problem. I will continue to believe in what I believe, regardless of what other people think.

I never suggested that my beliefs were so important to me that I would be willing to oppress someone over them. But I will take whatever steps are necessary to uphold them in my own life.

Using your logic, people of faith are oppressors, people who think ill of the rights of other people. But somehow, an unborn child is killed because the mother vehemently believes she has a choice. I will not recognize the inherent hypocrisy in that contention.

At any rate, this is going nowhere, and I refuse to be baited into feeling guilty for the values I hold.

God isn't telling anyone to kill gay people? Really?

Put to death means killed. It says nothing about everlasting life. God says that homosexuals should be put to death for their 'sins'.

Admit it, and support your God!
I want you to highlight the words where you see God commanding me/you/anyone, to go kill homos...

'They shall surely be put to death'. Does that mean God will ensure they are killed on earth? Did God send those men to murder Matthew Shepard?

But God clearly says that they should be stoned to death. Its in the Bible. Shouldn't we do what God is telling us to do?

That's not what God is saying. He's saying that they will not be given eternal life after death.

I don't see that anywhere. I see it saying that God has said that gay people shall be put to death. Put to death means executed, does it not?
You don't see it because you've never read the Bible. I suggest you pick one up and read the entire story, then you'll have the quote in context.

Again, nowhere is there a command to GO KILL HOMOS. God means that after they die, they will not inherit the kingdom of God and ever lasting life. Their SOUL will be put to DEATH, FOREVER.

Noomi, do not put words in my mouth. If it's one thing I despise, its people who misquote me. But in counter to your question, why do yours matter more than mine? Why should I have to swallow my beliefs all for the sake of "marriage equality"?

At any rate, that ploy wont work. I got this guilt trip from many a liberal in my city. If I have to set aside my morals for the sake of equality, then it is wrong to me. It betrays who and what I am. I am a Christian, and I said nothing about who's beliefs are superior to who's. I just said it clashes with my beliefs.

You have a right to believe in whatever you want, whereas I have a right to do likewise. Now, all these gay marriage threads are a crude and rudimentary attempt to divert people away from the brewing scandal involving President Obama and company.

I am not putting words in your mouth. I am asking you why you believe that your beliefs are so important that they must violate the rights of others.

That is a red herring. Do you cherish something in your life, Noomi? I know you do. Everyone does. I cherish my faith, and I will act on its precepts. If it is offensive or it somehow gives off an impression that it restricts the rights of other people, that is not my problem. I will continue to believe in what I believe, regardless of what other people think.

I never suggested that my beliefs were so important to me that I would be willing to oppress someone over them. But I will take whatever steps are necessary to uphold them in my own life.

Using your logic, people of faith are oppressors, people who think ill of the rights of other people. But somehow, an unborn child is killed because the mother vehemently believes she has a choice. I will not recognize the inherent hypocrisy in that contention.

At any rate, this is going nowhere, and I refuse to be baited into feeling guilty for the values I hold.

*sigh*

My religion is opposed to gay marriage, Islam is opposed to homosexuality itself. It is opposed to abortion after four months, sex outside of marriage, and many other things, yet my religion does not, and will never, determine how I think and feel. The Quran does not choose my beliefs for me, nor should the Bible choose your beliefs.

'They shall surely be put to death'. Does that mean God will ensure they are killed on earth? Did God send those men to murder Matthew Shepard?

Where does it say how or by who they shall be put to death?

Again, you need to pick up a Bible and read the whole thing, then maybe you'll understand.

Last edited:

You don't see it because you've never read the Bible. I suggest you pick one up and read the entire story, then you'll have the quote in context.

Again, nowhere is there a command to GO KILL HOMOS. God means that after they die, they will not inherit the kingdom of God and ever lasting life. Their SOUL will be put to DEATH, FOREVER.

And pedophile priests and murderers, as long as they say sorry, will?

Homosexuals have done nothing wrong and yet they are punished, and some sick pedophile freak can go to Heaven. Good Lord.

Where does it say how or by who they shall be put to death?

Again, you need to pick up a Bible and read the whole thing, then maybe you'll understand.

I have read the Bible, many years ago, I read it cover to cover. I remember I loved reading the NT, especially about Jesus and the parables he would tell.

To TK - you say that you are opposed to gay marriage because it goes against what you believe in.

If I am opposed to something, do I have the right to demand it be banned because my beliefs are against it?

Hey, people voted on it. They are free to use their votes however they please. You lay all of these traps, and I sidestep each and every one of them.

If Liberals are opposed to religion, do they have the right to demand it be banned because their beliefs contradict it? See how that works, Noomi?

People on your side of the aisle have a lot of work before you label others as oppressive.

Homosexuals have done nothing wrong and yet they are punished, and some sick pedophile freak can go to Heaven. Good Lord.
I don't even get most of this. I've said nothing about pedophiles, or apologies. But if you want to talk about pedophiles, your cult's prophet is one of the biggest pedophiles ever with his children wives, one only nine years old.

Yes, homosexuals have done something wrong, homosexuality is a sin and they acted it out instead of getting the mental help they need.

Last edited:
To TK - you say that you are opposed to gay marriage because it goes against what you believe in.

If I am opposed to something, do I have the right to demand it be banned because my beliefs are against it?

Hey, people voted on it. They are free to use their votes however they please. You lay all of these traps, and I sidestep each and every one of them.

If Liberals are opposed to religion, do they have the right to demand it be banned because their beliefs contradict it? See how that works, Noomi?

People on your side of the aisle have a lot of work before you label others as oppressive.

If someone is opposed to religion, you can't demand it be banned because everyone has the right to believe as they wish - what you can't do is force your beliefs on others, which is exactly what you wish to do!

I don't even get most of this. I've said nothing about pedophiles, or apologies. But if you want to talk about pedophiles, your cult's prophet is one of the biggest pedophiles ever with his children wives, one only nine years old.

Yes, homosexuals have done something wrong, homosexuality is a sin and they acted it out instead of getting the mental help they need.

Homosexuality is not a mental illness, if they are, who are they harming?

*sigh*

My religion is opposed to gay marriage, Islam is opposed to homosexuality itself. It is opposed to abortion after four months, sex outside of marriage, and many other things, yet my religion does not, and will never, determine how I think and feel. The Quran does not choose my beliefs for me, nor should the Bible choose your beliefs.

Then why practice Islam? And if your faith has the same precepts as mine, who are you to call me down? The whole idea of a faith is that you follow it, you let it in some ways dictate how you live in the world, if you cannot do that much, then why are you even practicing it?

How does the Bible "choose my beliefs"? I chose those beliefs of my own volition. I am somewhat incensed by such a notion.

Last edited:

If someone is opposed to religion, you can't demand it be banned because everyone has the right to believe as they wish - what you can't do is force your beliefs on others, which is exactly what you wish to do!
Wrong again, marriage has been defined as the holy union between a man and a woman in the eyes of God almost since the beginning of recorded time. Now it is YOU and the HOMOS that want to REDEFINE IT, and FORCE it on those who want it to remain as it is.

Next?

Yes, homosexuality very much is a mental illness. It's a gender identification disorder, and an abnormal sexual attraction to the same sex.

Mostly it is harmful only to the homos themselves, except for when they attack age old sacred traditions. It is a very destructive and dangerous practice. Homos should seek help, not be given a pat on the back and told they're OK by society.

Last edited:

*sigh*

Then why practice Islam? And if your faith has the same precepts as mine, who are you to call me down? The whole idea of a faith is that you follow it, you let it in some ways dictate how you live in the world, if you cannot do that much, then why are you even practicing it?

How does the Bible "choose my beliefs"? I chose those beliefs of my own volition. I am somewhat incensed by such a notion.

I agree with some things in the Quran, but I believe that my God has given me the freedom to choose my own beliefs, and my own destiny. If He disagrees, then He can let me know when I am dead and I have to front up to Him. Until then, I will live a good life, try to do good, and hope that my sins, should I commit them, can be forgiven.

Yes, homosexuality very much is a mental illness. It's a gender identification disorder, and an abnormal sexual attraction to the same sex.

Mostly it is harmful only to the homos themselves, except for when they attack age old sacred traditions. It is a very destructive and dangerous practice. Homos should seek help, not be given a pat on the back and told they're OK by society.

How do you suggest helping a homosexual to become straight?

Wrong again, marriage has been defined as the holy union between a man and a woman in the eyes of God almost since the beginning of recorded time. Now it is YOU and the HOMOS that want to REDEFINE IT, and FORCE it on those who want it to remain as it is.

Next?

Prove that your God exists, PHYSICAL proof, and you can use the God argument as your basis for being opposed to same sex marriage.

And here you are telling me how I should practice my faith. Telling me I shouldn't let the Word of God choose my beliefs! Do not dare speak to me of such nonsense! I don't force my faith on anyone, I share it. I wish you would stop being so thick headed Noomi, stop stereotyping me. Have I tried to force it on you? What about anyone else here?

As you can see, your contention is sorely misguided. I will vote to preserve my faith, and whatever environment is most conducive to the freedom to exercise it. I will also live as the Bible teaches, no other way, and no other person will get in the way of such.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back