Minn passes gay marriage

30 states have laws banning it already, with 8 in the middle and 12 favoring it.

Looks like they got the jump on you.

Gotta stop the evil gays from getting married, lol! The sky will fall and the world will end if homosexuals can wed!!!

Who said anything about them being evil? I have two friends who are openly gay, and they have more respect for my Christian worldview than most liberals here do.

I oppose gay marriage, because it clashes with what I believe in. Drop the sarcasm.

Why do your beliefs matter more than my beliefs?

And equality is nothing but a myth...

not really a myth

there is an equality of opportunity

not an equality of outcome

Well you have a point. But when that opportunity is denied to a person, or they pass it up as compared to one who takes advantage of it, the opportunity is therefore unequal.

The concept of equality is based on unstable ground, at least.

And equality is nothing but a myth...

not really a myth

there is an equality of opportunity

not an equality of outcome

Well you have a point. But when that opportunity is denied to a person, or they pass it up as compared to one who takes advantage of it, the opportunity is therefore unequal.

The concept of equality is based on unstable ground, at least.

your point is valid as well

30 states have laws banning it already, with 8 in the middle and 12 favoring it.

Looks like they got the jump on you.

Gotta stop the evil gays from getting married, lol! The sky will fall and the world will end if homosexuals can wed!!!

Who said anything about them being evil? I have two friends who are openly gay, and they have more respect for my Christian worldview than most liberals here do.

I oppose gay marriage, because it clashes with what I believe in. Drop the sarcasm.

Which means you won’t be marrying someone of the same sex; beyond that, fortunately, your ‘beliefs’ are irrelevant. And if you attempt to bring your ‘beliefs’ into the political realm and advocate to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights, then your ‘beliefs’ will be determined offensive to the Constitution, and legally and politically invalidated accordingly.

"How many more gay people does God have to create before we ask ourselves whether or not God actually wants them around?"

THIS is what God thinks of homos...

The Bible doesn't speak of homosexuality very often, but when it does, it condemns it as sin.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines the basis of God's created order where God made Adam, a man, and Eve, a woman -- not two men, not two women -- to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (Gen. 1:28). Homosexuality cannot carry out that command. It also undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife, the God-ordained means of procreation. It is also dangerous to society. (See, Is homosexuality danngerous?)

The Bible and homosexuality | What the Bible says about Homosexuality | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Last edited:

Noomi, do not put words in my mouth. If it's one thing I despise, its people who misquote me. But in counter to your question, why do yours matter more than mine? Why should I have to swallow my beliefs all for the sake of "marriage equality"?

At any rate, that ploy wont work. I got this guilt trip from many a liberal in my city. If I have to set aside my morals for the sake of equality, then it is wrong to me. It betrays who and what I am. I am a Christian, and I said nothing about who's beliefs are superior to who's. I just said it clashes with my beliefs.

You have a right to believe in whatever you want, whereas I have a right to do likewise. Now, all these gay marriage threads are a crude and rudimentary attempt to divert people away from the brewing scandal involving President Obama and company.

To TK - you say that you are opposed to gay marriage because it goes against what you believe in.

If I am opposed to something, do I have the right to demand it be banned because my beliefs are against it?

"How many more gay people does God have to create before we ask ourselves whether or not God actually wants them around?"

THIS is what God thinks of homos...

The Bible doesn't speak of homosexuality very often, but when it does, it condemns it as sin.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines the basis of God's created order where God made Adam, a man, and Eve, a woman -- not two men, not two women -- to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (Gen. 1:28). Homosexuality cannot carry out that command. It also undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife, the God-ordained means of procreation. It is also dangerous to society. (See, Is homosexuality danngerous?)

The Bible and homosexuality | What the Bible says about Homosexuality | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

I take it that you support the execution of homosexuals then, 007?

Oh, absolutely just like the right wing group always has some hidden agenda once they have ran on the platform of jobs. But once in office it is all about voting issues and women's rights.
Don't try to make yourselves sound so high and mighty about the issues that really need addressing in this country.

Or, we can ignore this deliberate attempt to divert us from the bigger issues facing our nation.

Man your grammar and punctuation is atrocious.

Benghazi is the issue. Lets remember that, okay?

Noomi, do not put words in my mouth. If it's one thing I despise, its people who misquote me. But in counter to your question, why do yours matter more than mine? Why should I have to swallow my beliefs all for the sake of "marriage equality"?

At any rate, that ploy wont work. I got this guilt trip from many a liberal in my city. If I have to set aside my morals for the sake of equality, then it is wrong to me. It betrays who and what I am. I am a Christian, and I said nothing about who's beliefs are superior to who's. I just said it clashes with my beliefs.

You have a right to believe in whatever you want, whereas I have a right to do likewise. Now, all these gay marriage threads are a crude and rudimentary attempt to divert people away from the brewing scandal involving President Obama and company.

I am not putting words in your mouth. I am asking you why you believe that your beliefs are so important that they must violate the rights of others.

Once again, you folks love misquoting the Bible don't you? The Mosaic law was a summary judgement from God that kept the Israelites from departing his will as he led them to the Promised Land. When Jesus died and came back to life, he had fulfilled his end of the bargain, making sure people like homosexuals had the chance to repent of their sins instead of being instantaneously executed for it. This is why we don't go offing every homosexual we see on the street.

So no, God does not think that way of all homosexuals. Please, get your facts straight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjEPXEdlgh0]Otis Redding - A Change Is Gonna Come (lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Once again, you folks love misquoting the Bible don't you? The Mosaic law was a summary judgement from God that kept the Israelites from departing his will as he led them to the Promised Land. When Jesus died and came back to life, he had fulfilled his end of the bargain, making sure people like homosexuals had the chance to repent of their sins instead of being instantaneously executed for it. This is why we don't go offing every homosexual we see on the street.

So no, God does not think that way of all homosexuals. Please, get your facts straight.
You're full of shit. Those are direct quotes from the Bible and their meaning is unmistakable. God isn't telling anyone to go KILL fags, he's saying that homos will not be given every lasting life. YOU get YOUR facts straight. God most certainly does think homosexuality is an abomination, and you better get that straight before you get lumped in for lying.

Go peddle your propaganda somewhere else.

So the Bible passages quoted by 007 are not actually what God really thinks? So was God lying when he said that gay people should be executed?

I mean, if you are going to post those passages, you need to support them, not ignore them.

No, God will take care of them when they die.

But God clearly says that they should be stoned to death. Its in the Bible. Shouldn't we do what God is telling us to do?

That's not what God is saying. He's saying that they will not be given eternal life after death.

You're full of shit. Those are direct quotes from the Bible and their meaning is unmistakable. God isn't telling anyone to go KILL fags, he's saying that homos will not be given every lasting life. YOU get YOUR facts straight. God most certainly does think homosexuality is an abomination, and you better get that straight before you get lumped in for lying.

Go peddle your propaganda somewhere else.

God isn't telling anyone to kill gay people? Really?

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

Put to death means killed. It says nothing about everlasting life. God says that homosexuals should be put to death for their 'sins'.

Admit it, and support your God!

Forum List

Back