mister TWENTY TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT... "barack hussein obama"

$20 trillion man: National debt nearly doubles during Obama presidency

By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Sunday, November 1, 2015

When President Obama signs into law the new two-year budget deal Monday, his action will bring into sharper focus a part of his legacy that he doesn’t like to talk about: He is the $20 trillion man.

Mr. Obama’s spending agreement with Congress will suspend the nation’s debt limit and allow the Treasury to borrow another $1.5 trillion or so by the end of his presidency in 2017. Added to the current total national debt of more than $18.15 trillion, the red ink will likely be crowding the $20 trillion mark right around the time Mr. Obama leaves the White House.

When Mr. Obama took over in January 2009, the total national debt stood at $10.6 trillion. That means the debt will have very nearly doubled during his eight years in office, and there is much more debt ahead with the abandonment of “sequestration” spending caps enacted in 2011.

Obama presidency to end with $20 trillion national debt

it is as much a fault if not more fault of those in charge of congress
Okay so the Democratic controlled congress from 2007 is responsible for the economic melt down?

LOL!

You used "Democrat" and "responsible" in the same sentence

LOL

Physically impossible!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Actually, you have to put every single President ever on that list.

when talking about 20T you are correct, when talking about the last 10T its all on obama.

Actually, Congress is the entity that controls spending. You might want to brush up on your civics.

the US government has been majority Democrat since january of 2007 until january of this year. you might want to brush up on your civics

:slap:

The Congress has been split for most of that time, and still going back throughout our history. Stop being such a ridiculous hack. You sound even more stupid than the Democrats.

Republican's proposals will give a larger share of tax cuts to the wealthy because they already pay most of the taxes. that confirms what left-wing idiots refuse to admit, yet they still try to wield that as some tragic gift to the wealthy

when talking about 20T you are correct, when talking about the last 10T its all on obama.

Actually, Congress is the entity that controls spending. You might want to brush up on your civics.

true, but the president signs the budget bills and gets the credit or blame for the debt. Thats just the way it is.

No buts about it. Congress controls spending. Period.

the US government has been majority Democrat since january of 2007 until january of this year. you might want to brush up on your civics

The Congress has been split for most of that time, and still going back throughout our history. Stop being such a ridiculous hack. You sound even more stupid than the Democrats.

nobody is a hack but you IDIOT, split Congress doesnt mean shit when the other side has the White House and the guy there is saying, child-like LITERALLY "i WON" AND "ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES" AND "Republicans can come for the ride, but they have to sit in the back"

Last edited:
Democrats voted for every penny of Reagan's spending, and the first Bush, and the second Bush.

And so did Republicans. Which brings us right back to what I said from the beginning. No one person, no one party, can be blamed for the debt. They are all at fault.

I think we need to double taxes on the wealthy so we don't see a $20 trillion debt

We could tax the top 5% at 100% and it would not generate enough money to reduce the debt. You live in a fantasy world of rich-hate.

Republicans propose cutting the tax rate on the wealthy in half

What is so different in proposing we double it? To be fair, I would only double it until our $20 Trillion debt is paid off

What is the definition of "rich"? at what income level would you double the tax? How much extra revenue would that generate? How do you know it would be used to pay down the debt rather than more social giveaways to buy votes? Why would the "rich" keep their money in the USA and pay double taxes on it?

You are quite naive.

true, but the president signs the budget bills and gets the credit or blame for the debt. Thats just the way it is.

and deficits are down since republicans took back the House

thanks for playing though

Democrats voted for every penny of Reagan's spending, and the first Bush, and the second Bush.

And so did Republicans. Which brings us right back to what I said from the beginning. No one person, no one party, can be blamed for the debt. They are all at fault.

the only ones pretending they didnt are Democrats though you moron.

the left still screams about the reagan years as if there was never a thing called the reagan democrats

right-wingers ADMIT republicans spent too much. THEY FORMED THE TEA PARTY over it.

I think we need to double taxes on the wealthy so we don't see a $20 trillion debt

We could tax the top 5% at 100% and it would not generate enough money to reduce the debt. You live in a fantasy world of rich-hate.

What is so different in proposing we double it? To be fair, I would only double it until our $20 Trillion debt is paid off
It's not up to the rich to provide handouts, it's not in their job description.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

What is the definition of "rich"? at what income level would you double the tax? How much extra revenue would that generate? How do you know it would be used to pay down the debt rather than more social giveaways to buy votes? Why would the "rich" keep their money in the USA and pay double taxes on it?

You are quite naive.

How about we raise the tax rate of anyone making over $1 million a year to pre-Reagan tax rates?

We dedicate the extra revenue to debt relief
But only untilo our debt is paid off. Then they can have the present rates back

Not a hand out. It is an adjustment of the Constitutional tax system

I'm not looking for a tax rate that we haven't had before

Hey dumba$$, once the tax is on the books it never goes away. That is the behavior of the federal government.
They Are inherently irresponsible, Because the federal government is run by progressives.

Not a hand out. It is an adjustment of the Constitutional tax system

I'm not looking for a tax rate that we haven't had before
Taxes are just a fancy word for kickbacks the politicians

and deficits are down since republicans took back the House

thanks for playing though

And that has no bearing on the fact that no one person and no one party can be saddled with the responsibility for a debt that has been 200+ years in the making, and has grown under nearly every President and every Congress.

The only individuals who can be absolved of responsibility for our debt are President Coolidge the members of Congress during his administration who retired some of the debt and never again increased it while they were in office.

...and sadder yet Barry agrees will it.
Stupid progresses

nobody is a hack but you IDIOT, spit doesnt mean shit when the other side has the White House and the guy there is saying, child-like LITERALLY "i WON" AND "ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES" AND "Republicans can come for the ride, but they have to sit in the back"

url

Hey dumba$$, once the tax is on the books it never goes away. That is the behavior of the federal government.
They Are inherently irresponsible, Because the federal government is run by progressives.

Hey Dumbass

The wealthy used to pay 70% tax rate, now they pay 39%

Seems like the tax burden "went away"

Forum List

Back