MIT "Living Wage" calculator, how accurate for you area?

The only people who still care about tattoos in 2023 will probably die off soon.
Notice I said "neck tattoo". I realize tattoos are totally acceptable, and while I have none, because I don't find them personally appealing, I don't care who else has them. I don't see neck tattoo's being necessarily commonplace, but you do you.

Capitalism? I thought you were against that?
No. However, I question that a "free market" is above everything and cannot be managed. This only shows that politicians are not sovereign or even corrupted.
For example, water will be a huge problem. The US-reservoirs are rapidly depleting but nothing is being undertaken.

Notice I said "neck tattoo". I realize tattoos are totally acceptable, and while I have none, because I don't find them personally appealing, I don't care who else has them. I don't see neck tattoo's being necessarily commonplace, but you do you.
Faces covered in tattoos might still mildly shock. But, yeah, I see neck tattoos all the time.

No. However, I question that a "free market" is above everything and cannot be managed. This only shows that politicians are not sovereign or even corrupted.
For example, water will be a huge problem. The US-reservoirs are rapidly depleting but nothing is being undertaken.

I question that a "free market" is above everything and cannot be managed.

Who told you that?

Faces covered in tattoos might still mildly shock. But, yeah, I see neck tattoos all the time.
I have seen two guys, both truck drivers, with their entire face covered in tattoos. Most of the people I've worked with over the years had at least one. But everyone raises their eyebrows whenever those two truck drivers walk past. That's extreme.

It's not just taxes. Workers will go to where they get paid more. We hear about this so called "labor shortage" but it's really just bad employers not stepping up and attracting people. They feel as though companies are entitled to a good labor pool. Uh no they aren't. When employers are having to compete for workers that's when things are good.

WTF does that have to do with needing two wage earners to make ends meet?

The calculator in the OP is using 2019 data, at least for my state. The technical data is all over the place, so it takes a while to find it all and figure out how they arrived at the numbers. The govt. doesn't use food and fuel in its inflation calculations, which of course is a form of lying and makes their stats uselees, and roughly about half the rates of real inflation. And of course somebody with an income of $300K a year is going to have a much smaller loss of buying power than somebody making $20k a year due to inflation so it's more than just a simple dollar ratio involved.

Forum List

Back