Modern conservatives sympathizing with The Confederacy... Is this a thing now?

That is not the point silly senior dude.

The point is, which sadly I must spell it out for you due to you lack of...something, Lincoln considered deporting all blacks and hoped to get it accomplished in his second term. It was not practical, but it should tell you something about your beloved Dishonest Abe, but you being you, I have no hope.

Actually, the country of Liberia was formed for free slaves

Lincoln understood what bunch of racist assholes existed in the south and doubted if blacks could ever be "free" there. As it is, Lincoln was right and it took force 100 years later to finally give blacks freedom in the south

ROFL! So Lincoln's plan to send them back to Africa was to protect them from American racists? I've got news for you, bub, Lincoln was a white supremacist:

“I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races—that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

Abraham Lincoln, Charlston IL, 1858
Dummy it is called a contingency plan.....Believe it or not they still make stupid shit like that up.... It is sad you think you are conservative with you lack of actual historical knowledge.

I just quoted a speech that shows Lincoln is a white supremacist, and you call that a "contingency plan?" It's pathetic that all you dim bulbs think you know something about Lincoln and the Civil War. You're a bunch of dumbasses.

True. Lincoln wasn't an abolitionist. He did not support blacks having equal rights to whites and he wanted to send blacks back to Africa to be rid of them. But hey, it stands in the way of the liberal narrative

Lincoln was not an abolitionist before the war- though the South was convinced he was. But Lincoln was always opposed to slavery- preserving the Union however was more important to him than abolition.

Of course before the end of the war, Lincoln was an abolitionist- attempting to get the remaining slave holding territory within the Union to voluntarily change their laws, and forcing abolition on the States still in rebellion, paving the way to outlawing of slavery throughout the United States.

Only a willfully blind monkey needs to have it proven to them the Civil War was about slavery.

A profoundly retarded willfully blind monkey.

But, I have proven it to them now since it appears we have a few profoundly retarded willfully blind monkeys around here.

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world."

Only a blind monkey would swallow the claim that the Civil War was fought over slavery. I know that's a sacred part of liberal brainwashing, but it's just fiction. When Lincoln sent that armed federal convoy to Fort Sumter, there were more slave states in the Union than there were in the Confederacy, and the four Upper South states had recently voted against leaving the Union over slavery. Free your mind.
That there were slave states that did not secede over slavery in no way repudiates that those which did secede did so over slavery.

Logic. Get some. Free your mind.

..It should also be noted that the overwhelming majority of southerners that fought the Civil War did NOT own slaves...

This isn't surprising. Southerners have a habit of supporting causes that run against their individual interests.

Look at all the below poverty-line southerners without health and dental insurance that go to the polls to vote conservative Republican year after year.

Some things never change.
Southerners......

Known best for segregation, Jim Crowe, the KKK, and now, Republicans, Tea Partiers, and evangelicals
Your hero Lincoln is known for rape,

Who did Lincoln rape? What was his or her name?

You mean he was an was an imperialist who wanted to subjugate the Southern states and force them to pay crushing tariffs so his Northern industrialist cronies could siphon off their wealth.

Their wealth was accumulated through unconstitutional means. Slavery was, is, and always will be unconstitutional (the fact that America didn't always consider this truth is beside the point). If the government tells you what you're doing is unconstitutional, you either follow the rules or you rebel and get what's coming to you. The south chose option 2.

You aren't going to stop arguing slavery even if no one else is arguing slavery, are you?

Slavery is part of the Confederate equation, no matter how much one tries to push it to the side.

I'm tired of reading "the Confederacy's motives are irrelevant" and other equivalents. When evaluating any situation honestly, motive is always pertinent.

Which is a bullshit leftist way of saying, "I only approve of rights being used the way I think they should. No other rights should be allowed."

Try to comprehend that SOME people do more than pay lip service to the concepts of freedom and rights.

His claim is wrong anyway. Not all states stated slavery as the reason for secession. I believe only four of them did.

Of the eleven states of the CSA, five issued declarations of secession. In those five declarations are more than 80 references to slavery. They all declared slavery as the central reason for secession.

Mississippi pretty much summed it up for all of them:
Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world.

Great. Then you concede that only a minority declared slavery to be the reason for secession.
You spoke too soon, tard. I have proven all of them seceded over slavery since that post.

Seriously. Just how profoundly retarded and willfully blind are you, monkey? You are actually clueless that they seceded over slavery? Really? This is news to you?

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world."

1sbct3.jpg

No you didn't. One man's opinion is not the same thing as the entire Confederacy.

Their wealth was accumulated through unconstitutional means. Slavery was, is, and always will be unconstitutional (the fact that America didn't always consider this truth is beside the point). If the government tells you what you're doing is unconstitutional, you either follow the rules or you rebel and get what's coming to you. The south chose option 2.

You aren't going to stop arguing slavery even if no one else is arguing slavery, are you?

Slavery is part of the Confederate equation, no matter how much one tries to push it to the side.

I'm tired of reading "the Confederacy's motives are irrelevant" and other equivalents. When evaluating any situation honestly, motive is always pertinent.

And the South's motives were to preserve slavery. A system of degradation and vile exploitation that the South used as the foundation of its economy.

The South didn't start the war. They just wanted to be left alone, so their motives are irrelevant.

But they didn't deserve to be left alone. Like a dog that craps in the bedroom and gets its nose rubbed in it, the south was treating humans wrong and needed to be trained to act accordingly.

Ah, yes, the self-righteous leftist creed of "You're not what we think you should be, so fuck your rights! We have to subjugate you for your own good!"

..It should also be noted that the overwhelming majority of southerners that fought the Civil War did NOT own slaves...

This isn't surprising. Southerners have a habit of supporting causes that run against their individual interests.

Look at all the below poverty-line southerners without health and dental insurance that go to the polls to vote conservative Republican year after year.

Southerners......

Known best for segregation, Jim Crowe, the KKK, and now, Republicans, Tea Partiers, and evangelicals

Lincoln's soldiers, with his express permission, raped thousands of Southern women, especially black female slaves.

4) No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.

Thread killer

Rather than reinvent the wheel:
y

Rather than reinvent the wheel- once again
Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union

This stipulation was so material to the compact, that without it that compact would not have been made. The greater number of the contracting parties held slaves, and they had previously evinced their estimate of the value of such a stipulation by making it a condition in the Ordinance for the government of the territory ceded by Virginia, which now composes the States north of the Ohio River.

The people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, on the 26th day of April, A.D. 1852, declared that the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union; but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States, she forbore at that time to exercise this right. Since that time, these encroachments have continued to increase, and further forbearance ceases to be a virtue.

And now the State of South Carolina having resumed her separate and equal place among nations, deems it due to herself, to the remaining United States of America, and to the nations of the world, that she should declare the immediate causes which have led to this act.

The same article of the Constitution stipulates also for rendition by the several States of fugitives from justice from the other States.

The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. The State of New Jersey, at an early day, passed a law in conformity with her constitutional obligation; but the current of anti-slavery feeling has led her more recently to enact laws which render inoperative the remedies provided by her own law and by the laws of Congress. In the State of New York even the right of transit for a slave has been denied by her tribunals; and the States of Ohio and Iowa have refused to surrender to justice fugitives charged with murder, and with inciting servile insurrection in the State of Virginia. Thus the constituted compact has been deliberately broken and disregarded by the non-slaveholding States, and the consequence follows that South Carolina is released from her obligation.

BOB: I am not paying my taxes this year because I am against the war in Afghanistan.

JOE: I am paying my taxes this year, even though I am against the war in Afghanistan.

G5000: Bob did not pay his taxes this year because he is against the war in Afghanistan.

MikeGriffith: That is not why Bob failed to pay his taxes. We know this because Joe is against the war and he paid his taxes.

His claim is wrong anyway. Not all states stated slavery as the reason for secession. I believe only four of them did.

Of the eleven states of the CSA, five issued declarations of secession. In those five declarations are more than 80 references to slavery. They all declared slavery as the central reason for secession.

Mississippi pretty much summed it up for all of them:
Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world.

Great. Then you concede that only a minority declared slavery to be the reason for secession.
That is somewhat irrelevant if the remaining states didn't bother to cite a reason at all.

It seems to me that they felt the 5 that did had said all that needed to be said....
Your presumption is entirely without merit.

Southerners......

Lincoln's soldiers, with his express permission, raped thousands of Southern women, especially black female slaves.

Oh I am curious now- where and when did Lincoln give that express permission?

Link please.

So the belief that States can secede from the union now means we believe in slavery.

Um...OK?

Have you ever been tested to see if you have an IQ?
Have you read the secession papers? Every last one of them stated slavery as the reason for secession.

The fuck does that have to do with people in 2015 saying they had a legal right to secede if they wanted to?

You're most likely correct. Certainly, I would trust you before I would him. Looking it up, however, would require investing more interest in his bullshit than I'm inclined to.
Every last one of them gave slavery as the reason you jackasses. Look. It. Up. :fu:

OK, let's start with Virginia

-------------------------------------

TRANSCRIPTION
Page 1 of 1
The Virginia Convention Voted For Secession, April 17, 1861

An Ordinance

To repeal the ratification of the Constitution of the United States of America, by the State of Virginia, and to resume all the rights and powers granted under said Constitution.

The people of Virginia, in their ratificationof the Constitution of the United States of America, adopted by them in Convention, on the twenty-fifth day of June, in the year of ourLord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, having declared that the powers granted under the said Constitution, were derived from the people of the United States, and might be resumed whensoever the same should be perverted to their injury and oppression, and the Federal Government having perverted said powers, not only to the injury of the people of
Virginia, but to the oppression ofthe Southern slaveholding States,

Now, therefore, we, the people of Virginia, do declare and ordain That the Ordinance adopted by the people of this State in Convention, on the twenty-fifth day of June, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, whereby the Constitution of the United
States of America, was ratified; and all acts of the General Assembly of this State ratifying or adopting amendments to said Constitution, arehereby repealed and abrogated; that the union between the State of Virginia and the otherStates under the Constitution aforesaid is hereby dissolved, and that the State of Virginia is in the full possession and exercise of all the rights of sovereignty, which belong and appertain to a free and independent State.

And they do further declare, That said Constitution of the United State of America, is no longer binding on any of the Citizens of this State.
This Ordinance shall take effect and be an act of this day when ratified by a majority of the votes of the people of this State, cast at a po
ll to be taken thereon, on the fourth Thursday in May next, in pursuance of a Schedule hereafter to be enacted.

Done in Convention in the City of Richmond, on the seventeenth day of April, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixt
y-one, and in the eighty-fifth year of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

JNO. L.EUBANK,
Secretary of Convention

I can't seem to find the reference to slavery, can you point that part out?

Amazing how one liberal will make something up and the rest of you will parrot it endlessly, even after proven wrong

Actually, the country of Liberia was formed for free slaves

Lincoln understood what bunch of racist assholes existed in the south and doubted if blacks could ever be "free" there. As it is, Lincoln was right and it took force 100 years later to finally give blacks freedom in the south

ROFL! So Lincoln's plan to send them back to Africa was to protect them from American racists? I've got news for you, bub, Lincoln was a white supremacist:

“I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races—that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

Abraham Lincoln, Charlston IL, 1858
Dummy it is called a contingency plan.....Believe it or not they still make stupid shit like that up.... It is sad you think you are conservative with you lack of actual historical knowledge.

I just quoted a speech that shows Lincoln is a white supremacist, and you call that a "contingency plan?" It's pathetic that all you dim bulbs think you know something about Lincoln and the Civil War. You're a bunch of dumbasses.

True. Lincoln wasn't an abolitionist. He did not support blacks having equal rights to whites and he wanted to send blacks back to Africa to be rid of them. But hey, it stands in the way of the liberal narrative

Lincoln was not an abolitionist before the war- though the South was convinced he was. But Lincoln was always opposed to slavery- preserving the Union however was more important to him than abolition.

Of course before the end of the war, Lincoln was an abolitionist- attempting to get the remaining slave holding territory within the Union to voluntarily change their laws, and forcing abolition on the States still in rebellion, paving the way to outlawing of slavery throughout the United States.
Lncoln was a politician. He was aware of the limitations of his Presidency in January 1861.
Though he opposed slavery, he understood his first responsibility was to preserve the union

The South screwed themselves by seceding and forcing the issue

Only a willfully blind monkey needs to have it proven to them the Civil War was about slavery.

A profoundly retarded willfully blind monkey.

But, I have proven it to them now since it appears we have a few profoundly retarded willfully blind monkeys around here.

Only a blind monkey would swallow the claim that the Civil War was fought over slavery. I know that's a sacred part of liberal brainwashing, but it's just fiction. When Lincoln sent that armed federal convoy to Fort Sumter, there were more slave states in the Union than there were in the Confederacy, and the four Upper South states had recently voted against leaving the Union over slavery. Free your mind.
That there were slave states that did not secede over slavery in no way repudiates that those which did secede did so over slavery.

Logic. Get some. Free your mind.

Your claim is that they all seceded over slavery. Your claim is wrong.

Southerners......

Oh I am curious now- where and when did Lincoln give that express permission?

Link please.

Oh puhleeze. You have to be retarded to believe that Sherman didn't deliberate turn a blind eye to it, and that Lincoln knew about it.

So the belief that States can secede from the union now means we believe in slavery.

Um...OK?

Have you read the secession papers? Every last one of them stated slavery as the reason for secession.

The fuck does that have to do with people in 2015 saying they had a legal right to secede if they wanted to?

You're most likely correct. Certainly, I would trust you before I would him. Looking it up, however, would require investing more interest in his bullshit than I'm inclined to.
Every last one of them gave slavery as the reason you jackasses. Look. It. Up. :fu:

Let's try North Carolina. Oops:

------------------------------------

AN ORDINANCE to dissolve the union between the State of North Carolina and the other States united with her, under the compact of government entitled "The Constitution of the United States."

We, the people of the State of North Carolina in convention assembled, do declare and ordain, and it is hereby declared and ordained, That the ordinance adopted by the State of North Carolina in the convention of 1789, whereby the Constitution of the United States was ratified and adopted, and also all acts and parts of acts of the General Assembly ratifying and adopting amendments to the said Constitution, are hereby repealed, rescinded, and abrogated.

We do further declare and ordain, That the union now subsisting between the State of North Carolina and the other States, under the title of the United States of America, is hereby dissolved, and that the State of North Carolina is in full possession and exercise of all those rights of sovereignty which belong and appertain to a free and independent State.

Done in convention at the city of Raleigh, this the 20th day of May, in the year of our Lord 1861, and in the eighty-fifth year of the independence of said State.

TRANSCRIPTION
Page 1 of 1

An Ordinance

To repeal the ratification of the Constitution of the United States of America, by the State of Virginia, and to resume all the rights and powers granted under said Constitution.

The people of Virginia, in their ratificationof the Constitution of the United States of America, adopted by them in Convention, on the twenty-fifth day of June, in the year of ourLord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, having declared that the powers granted under the said Constitution, were derived from the people of the United States, and might be resumed whensoever the same should be perverted to their injury and oppression, and the Federal Government having perverted said powers, not only to the injury of the people of

Now, therefore, we, the people of Virginia, do declare and ordain That the Ordinance adopted by the people of this State in Convention, on the twenty-fifth day of June, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, whereby the Constitution of the United
States of America, was ratified; and all acts of the General Assembly of this State ratifying or adopting amendments to said Constitution, arehereby repealed and abrogated; that the union between the State of Virginia and the otherStates under the Constitution aforesaid is hereby dissolved, and that the State of Virginia is in the full possession and exercise of all the rights of sovereignty, which belong and appertain to a free and independent State.

And they do further declare, That said Constitution of the United State of America, is no longer binding on any of the Citizens of this State.
This Ordinance shall take effect and be an act of this day when ratified by a majority of the votes of the people of this State, cast at a po
ll to be taken thereon, on the fourth Thursday in May next, in pursuance of a Schedule hereafter to be enacted.

Done in Convention in the City of Richmond, on the seventeenth day of April, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixt

JNO. L.EUBANK,
Secretary of Convention

Amazing how one liberal will make something up and the rest of you will parrot it endlessly, even after proven wrong
Paragraph 2 last sentence. :cool:

TRANSCRIPTION
Page 1 of 1

An Ordinance

JNO. L.EUBANK,
Secretary of Convention

Virginia
AN ORDINANCE to repeal the ratification of the Constitution of the United State of America by the State of Virginia, and to resume all the rights and powers granted under said Constitution.

The people of Virginia in their ratification of the Constitution of the United States of America, adopted by them in convention on the twenty-fifth day of June, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, having declared that the powers granted under said Constitition were derived from the people of the United States and might be resumed whensoever the same should be perverted to their injury and oppression, and the Federal Government having perverted said powers not only to the injury of the people of Virginia, but to the oppression of the Southern slave-holding States:

Now, therefore, we, the people of Virginia, do declare and ordain, That the ordinance adopted by the people of this State in convention on the twenty-fifth day of June, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, whereby the Constitution of the United States of America was ratified, and all acts of the General Assembly of this State ratifying and adopting amendments to said Constitution, are hereby repealed and abrogated; that the union between the State of Virginia and the other States under the Constitution aforesaid is hereby dissolved, and that the State of Virginia is in the full possession and exercise of all the rights of sovereignty which belong and appertain to a free and independent State.

And they do further declare, That said Constitution of the United States of America is no longer binding on any of the citizens of this State.

This ordinance shall take effect and be an act of this day, when ratified by a majority of the voter of the people of this State cast at a poll to be taken thereon on the fourth Thursday in May next, in pursuance of a schedule hereafter to be enacted.

Adopted by the convention of Virginia April 17,1861.

Source: Official Records, Ser. IV, vol. 1, p. 223.

[ratified by a vote of 132,201 to 37,451 on May 23, 1861]

Um...OK?

South Carolina, wow, that's a Deep South State. Let's try that one. Um...Crap...for you...

------------------------------------------

AN ORDINANCE to dissolve the union between the State of South Carolina and other States united with her under the compact entitled "The Constitution of the United States of America."

We, the people of the State of South Carolina, in convention assembled, do declare and ordain, and it is hereby declared and ordained, That the ordinance adopted by us in convention on the twenty-third day of May, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, whereby the Constitution of the United States of America was ratified, and also all acts and parts of acts of the General Assembly of this State ratifying amendments of the said Constitution, are hereby repealed; and that the union now subsisting between South Carolina and other States, under the name of the "United States of America," is hereby dissolved.

Done at Charleston the twentieth day of December, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty.

Forum List

Back