Mom: Southwest Airlines agent mocked 5-year-old girl's name 'Abcde'...they apologized

when they name their next child Asshole......

then I will applaud! :04:

WTF kind of name is that anyway? Should have been something more mainstream like Propeisha or Loquita or Female (pronounced ‘fe-mal-ee) or maybe L-a (pronounced la-dasha — the dash don’t be silent).
I had two girls on a high school track team whose names complemented one another, LaTrina and Scotticia (Scott-tisha). A bathroom and toilet paper.

Airline 'sorry' for mocking girl's name

"
Southwest Airlines apologises for mocking girl's name"

Usually when you see something about a US airline in the news, it's them doing something stupid.

This time I feel it's justified.

Southwest Airlines has apologised after a member of its staff mocked a five-year-old girl's name.

Traci Redford and her daughter, Abcde (pronounced ab-si-dee), were en route home to El Paso, Texas, from California's John Wayne Airport when the incident occurred.

Right..... here's the deal.

1) ce and ci can be pronounced like se and si. This comes from Latin via French via the 1066 Battle of Hastings and William the Conquerer taking over. Any Spanish speakers will know that ce and ci change to become soft sounds.

2) c+ consonant is ALWAYS a K sound.

So, her parents are dumb as hell thinking their daughter is ab-si-dee, when in fact she's abk-dee at the very best.

3) If I saw that, there's no way in hell I wouldn't be splashing it all over the internet.

I can't wait for Chlamydia to board that airline.
Parents who give their kids funny names should not be offended if people laugh

"

Usually when you see something about a US airline in the news, it's them doing something stupid.

Southwest Airlines has apologised after a member of its staff mocked a five-year-old girl's name.

Traci Redford and her daughter, Abcde (pronounced ab-si-dee), were en route home to El Paso, Texas, from California's John Wayne Airport when the incident occurred.

1) ce and ci can be pronounced like se and si. This comes from Latin via French via the 1066 Battle of Hastings and William the Conquerer taking over. Any Spanish speakers will know that ce and ci change to become soft sounds.

So, her parents are dumb as hell thinking their daughter is ab-si-dee, when in fact she's abk-dee at the very best.

3) If I saw that, there's no way in hell I wouldn't be splashing it all over the internet.

Parents who give their kids funny names should not be offended if people laugh

Someone summed up this situation perfectly: "If you have to say "my child's name is "X", it's pronounced "Y"" then you don't have a leg to stand on when someone either mixes it up or makes fun of it.

If you name your child Abcde you should not be offended if people do a double take

The child has a difficult life ahead of her.....Don’t blame Southwest

Only until she is 18, then she can legally change her name to fix the situation.

I understand what the poor girl is going through

My parents named me Rightwinger and I used to get teased all the time

"

Did you just try to rationalize stupid parents giving their kid a stupid name?

Smack yourself!

No, it wasn't you, you were quoting the article...without quotation marks.

Smack yourself, anyway!

:slap:

Last edited:
I had a friend once named Zidi from Tanzania. That girl has a good name, but it should have been spelled Absidi.

Forum List

Back