More class warfare with this "corporate jet" nonsense

Yup and how much Taxes does GE pay?? GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt this President's "Jobs Czar?" Yea ok and we should take you Hopey Changey sheep seriously? Let me know when GE starts paying any Taxes. Then we can talk. Till then i'll just say you Hopey Changeys are full of SHEEEET!!

Yup and how much Taxes does GE pay?? GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt this President's "Jobs Czar?" Yea ok and we should take you Hopey Changey sheep seriously? Let me know when GE starts paying any Taxes. Then we can talk. Till then i'll just say you Hopey Changeys are full of SHEEEET!!

Corporations pay too much in taxes you people bitch.

When they don't pay enough, you people bitch.

Make up your minds, will ya?

What gets me he is so up on that corporate jet thing but has no problem using the president plane to go on vacations and his wife going to Spain and Africa. Why not go commercial for those trips HYPOCRITS
CON$ want Obama to fly commercial because it would be much easier to assassinate him. There is nothing on Earth CON$ want more than a "Second Amendment Solution" to the "Obama Problem."

Corporations pay too much in taxes you people bitch.

When they don't pay enough, you people bitch.

Make up your minds, will ya?

"Pay too much?" GE didn't pay any! lol! Yea i'm pretty sure GE CEO (Jobs Czar) Jeffrey Immelt flies around on corporate jets quite a bit. What do you think? SHEESH!

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Mr Buffett told his audience, which included John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley, and Alan Patricof, the founder of the US branch of Apax Partners, that US government policy had accentuated a disparity of wealth that hurt the economy by stifling opportunity and motivation.

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

Well then maybe GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt shouldn't be this President's "Jobs Czar?" What do ya say? Can i get an Amen from the Reverend Wright Douchebags?

Last edited:
Well then maybe GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt shouldn't be this President's "Jobs Czar?" What do ya say? Can i get an Amen from the Reverend Wright Douchebags?

Actually GE is a pretty good company.

What's your problem?

Their problem seems to be that GE allegedly doesn't pay any taxes which I thought was rightie's end game so I'm confused as hell over the whole issue.

What's your problem?

"pretty good company?" LOL! How so? They outsource Thousands of American Jobs and don't pay any Taxes? You so sure they're a "good company?" See,this is why i have to laugh at loyal Hopey Changey sheep. They just don't have a clue. It's actually pretty sad.

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Mr Buffett told his audience, which included John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley, and Alan Patricof, the founder of the US branch of Apax Partners, that US government policy had accentuated a disparity of wealth that hurt the economy by stifling opportunity and motivation.

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent.

Buffett lies. No one who made $60,000 in that year paid 30%.

What's your problem?

"pretty good company?" LOL! How so? They outsource Thousands of American Jobs and don't pay any Taxes? You so sure they're a "good company?" See,this is why i have to laugh at loyal Hopey Changey sheep. They just don't have a clue. It's actually pretty sad.

AKA "Business as usual in conservatopia".

Yes, and thank you for proving you know nothing. If you were going to object to something it should have been the 50% first year depreciation. Not only did the GOP get the 5 year depreciation restored in the 2010 Tax Relief Act negotiations, they got the 50% upped to 100%. These changes expire on Jan 1, 2012.

Not only did the GOP get the 5 year depreciation restored in the 2010 Tax Relief Act negotiations, they got the 50% upped to 100%
Yeah, 100% depreciation means it's 1 year, not 5 years.
Thanks for proving you knew nothing.
At least you know now.
I think we need to remove this unfair tax advantage by allowing all companies to write off all equipment 100% immediately.

Fool! Obama offered this and the Regressive Party turned it down.

Obama to Propose Tax Write-Off for Business - NYTimes.com
The Republicans turned it down? Was that when the Dems held the House and the Senate?
What were the vote totals?

The law already applies to heavy equipment, not just jets.
That's great, but I want it to cover all equipment. Immediately. Forever, not expiring next year.
To get a 100% write off the heavy machinery must be used 100% for business use. Since the depreciation can be claimed as long as the business use is over 50%, obviously those under 100% use will not be able to write off 100% in one year.
Again, thank you for showing that you know nothing.

Thanks again for finding the real numbers for Synth.
He really needed the help.
Wrong again.

Only the 100% first year write off expires Jan 1 2012, when it goes back to 50%.
Yeah, the 100% expires next year. They should renew it permanently.

Stupid Hopey Changey Sheep. They don't even know Corporate Jet tax-breaks were in their Hopey Changey One's own Stimulus. God,i can't stand stupid people. Sorry,but i just don't have patience for such willful ignorance. His "Stimulus" failed and so has he. So blame him,not the Jet owners.

What's your problem?

Chris, you never showed proof that 400 Americans control half of America's wealth.
Did you forget?
Or did you realize you were full of shit?

Not only did the GOP get the 5 year depreciation restored in the 2010 Tax Relief Act negotiations, they got the 50% upped to 100%
Yeah, 100% depreciation means it's 1 year, not 5 years.
Thanks for proving you knew nothing.
At least you know now.
I think we need to remove this unfair tax advantage by allowing all companies to write off all equipment 100% immediately.

Fool! Obama offered this and the Regressive Party turned it down.

Obama to Propose Tax Write-Off for Business - NYTimes.com
The Republicans turned it down? Was that when the Dems held the House and the Senate?
What were the vote totals?

Yes, I would like to see evidence that the Republicans turned it down too. The Democrats still had a super majority in the House and Senate when that proposal came out. So if nobody 'fought' for it, including the President, then hmmm, I wonder who it was who didn't write it into legislation to be voted on? The Republicans? Not likely. They weren't allowed to even get much out of committee at that time.

Forum List

Back