More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

Clinton:
* DJIA: UP 225%
* NASDAQ: UP 298%
* S&P500: UP 209%

Bush:
* DJIA: DOWN 22%
* NASDAQ: DOWN 45%
* S&P500: DOWN 37%

Obama:
* DJIA: UP 104%
* NASDAQ: UP 184%
* S&P500: UP 129%

G'head, righties ... bitch & moan! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You can't make this stuff up.

Market is almost at 17K.

:lol:
Damn Librule market! :D

Clinton:
* DJIA: UP 225%
* NASDAQ: UP 298%
* S&P500: UP 209%

Bush:
* DJIA: DOWN 22%
* NASDAQ: DOWN 45%
* S&P500: DOWN 37%

Obama:
* DJIA: UP 104%
* NASDAQ: UP 184%
* S&P500: UP 129%

G'head, righties ... bitch & moan! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You can't make this stuff up.

Market is almost at 17K.

How much and how long has the Fed Reserve been infusing tens of billions every month into the economy?
And, you're bragging......:lol:

How much and how long has the Fed Reserve been infusing tens of billions every month into the economy?
Since Bush was president. How did that help the market in 2008?

So you throw out 7 of his years to get to the recession and use that?
Don't forget the democrat Congress and Senate he had since 2007.
Bush was no way a great president or even close, but.....

But....you didn't answer my question, did you? :D

Oh so the tax cuts and zero interest rates wasn't an "infusion"?

Least this way?

The money is not lost.

Bush had zero interests rates? Tell us all about it, Sal. :eusa_whistle:

But, both you and your sidekick Faun have been skirting the Billions infused every month from the Fed. Res.
If I was a liberal and on the fringe......I would skirt that detail, also.

See the market?

Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI)
-DJI
16,941.30 Up 17.02(0.10%) 10:34AM EDT

Least this way?

The money is not lost.

But, both you and your sidekick Faun have been skirting the Billions infused every month from the Fed. Res.

We don't have zero interest rates now.

Least this way?

The money is not lost.

Sure.

2008 financial crisis

(Collapse/bailout phase): September/October 2008
What the Fed did

On Sept. 8, 2008, the U.S. Treasury seized control of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and pledged a $200 billion cash injection to help the companies cope with mortgage default losses.
About a week later the government bailed out American International Group Inc., or AIG, with $85 billion.
The Fed refused to save Lehman Brothers and the company was forced to file for bankruptcy. Some of the largest financial institutions were on the verge of collapse as the mortgage market melted down. As the crisis hit the global market, the credit freeze spread.
The Treasury and the Federal Reserve began working on a $700 billion bailout plan.
President George W. Bush signed the bailout plan into law Oct. 3.
Weeks later, on Oct. 29, the Fed cut the key interest rate to 1 percent.

<snip>

QE1 begins

Nov. 25, 2008 - March 31, 2010
What the Fed did

The Fed initiated purchases of $500 billion in mortgage-backed securities.
It announced purchases of up to $100 billion in debt obligations of mortgage giants Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae and Federal Home Loan Banks.
The Fed cut the key interest rate to near zero, Dec. 16, 2008.
In March 2009, the Fed expanded the mortgage buying program and said it would purchase $750 billion more in mortgage-backed securities.
The Fed also announced it would invest another $100 billion in Fannie and Freddie debt and purchase up to $300 billion of longer-term Treasury securities over a period of six months.
The quantitative easing program, or QE1, concluded in the first quarter of 2010, with a total of $1.25 trillion in purchases of mortgage-backed securities and $175 billion of agency debt purchases.
Financial Crisis Timeline: Collapse and Bailout | Bankrate.com

You're kinda over your head with this..Meister.

Least this way?

The money is not lost.

Bush kept interest rates really low during his Presidency.

The Bush economy was one based on cheap money, war and oil.

Simple enough.

But wait, I thought the market nearing 17K was supposed to take care of this? looks like still, only the rich are getting richer. Seriously Obama apologists. Its time to start owning up to the fact obama has fixed nothing and done so at a tremendous cost too

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/retirement-savings-fears-grip-americans-094500737.html

Americans are freaking out about their personal savings &#8211; and for good reason. A recent Gallup poll found that 59 percent of those surveyed were very or moderately worried they won&#8217;t have enough money for retirement &#8211; by far their biggest concern.

But wait, I thought the market nearing 17K was supposed to take care of this? looks like still, only the rich are getting richer. Seriously Obama apologists. Its time to start owning up to the fact obama has fixed nothing and done so at a tremendous cost too

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/retirement-savings-fears-grip-americans-094500737.html

Americans are freaking out about their personal savings – and for good reason. A recent Gallup poll found that 59 percent of those surveyed were very or moderately worried they won’t have enough money for retirement – by far their biggest concern.

And your answer is what?

Cut taxes and regulations..right?

Least this way?

The money is not lost.

I know that, Faun, but Sal said Bush had zero interest rates and I called him out on it.

Least this way?

The money is not lost.

Sure.

2008 financial crisis

What the Fed did

On Sept. 8, 2008, the U.S. Treasury seized control of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and pledged a $200 billion cash injection to help the companies cope with mortgage default losses.
About a week later the government bailed out American International Group Inc., or AIG, with $85 billion.
The Fed refused to save Lehman Brothers and the company was forced to file for bankruptcy. Some of the largest financial institutions were on the verge of collapse as the mortgage market melted down. As the crisis hit the global market, the credit freeze spread.
The Treasury and the Federal Reserve began working on a $700 billion bailout plan.

<snip>

QE1 begins

What the Fed did

It announced purchases of up to $100 billion in debt obligations of mortgage giants Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae and Federal Home Loan Banks.
In March 2009, the Fed expanded the mortgage buying program and said it would purchase $750 billion more in mortgage-backed securities.
The Fed also announced it would invest another $100 billion in Fannie and Freddie debt and purchase up to $300 billion of longer-term Treasury securities over a period of six months.
The quantitative easing program, or QE1, concluded in the first quarter of 2010, with a total of $1.25 trillion in purchases of mortgage-backed securities and $175 billion of agency debt purchases.

No I'm not, you stated that Bush had zero interest rates, dude.

Sal and faun both seem to be skirting my original question.........even now they are not answering it. :lol:

Sure.

2008 financial crisis

What the Fed did

<snip>

QE1 begins

What the Fed did

No I'm not, you stated that Bush had zero interest rates, dude.

And backed it up.

But don't believe your lying eyes..dude.

Wolverines!

Americans are freaking out about their personal savings – and for good reason. A recent Gallup poll found that 59 percent of those surveyed were very or moderately worried they won’t have enough money for retirement – by far their biggest concern.
What you fail to mention is that the poll you cite is down from its post Great Recession high as the economy is getting better; and despite your hysterics, that poll is now within the margin 9 error of its pre-recession level.

But on the upside, you're doing a mighty fine job as a Conservative to look for the black clouds among the silver linings. Keep up the good work.

See the market?

Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI)
-DJI
16,941.30 Up 17.02(0.10%) 10:34AM EDT

You have to remember ... good news for America is bad news for Conservatives.

VA hospitals
NSA
Release of 5 Taliban leaders for a deserter
IRS
ect......

Yeah, the conservatives have a lot to worry about with the stock market. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back