More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

uhm, we don't have the funding to pay for public hires. public hires only add to our debt right now. we don't need to expand government we can't afford to. Get it? and we can't afford to because Obama did not fix the economy.

We just paid 1.7 trillion for the F-35..which doesn't work.

Exactly how can we afford that but not hiring Police, Firemen, Sanitation and Teachers?

It's pretty amazing.

The Military Industrial Complex has a magical pot of gold.

Everyone else?

You are fucked.

The democrats need to stop creating and fostering a large segment of society dependent on entitlements and uninformed just for votes. It is a drain on society and the economy. 1% of the people control nearly half the wealth of the country. That is what is reflected in the rising market. That is what is reflected in salaries not keeping up with inflation. that is what is reflected in the lack of public sector jobs. that is what is reflected in companies like Microsoft laying off around 15,000 employees. a rising market doesn't mean jobs, it means profits.
But this is what democrats want. The ultimate for a democrat is to live life on someone else's dime. It's like being a kid again with govco taking care of them by taking from people they don't give a shit about.

Housing Starts Tumble, Miss Most Since January 2007; Permits Have Biggest Two-Month Plunge Since Lehman

"Epic disaster." Those two words best explain what just happened with US housing starts and permits in June.
Those who want a slightly more detailed narrative of what the Department of Commerce just reported here it is: in June housing starts were expected to print at a solid 1020K, to validate the sustainable "recovery." Instead, what happened was that the May downward revised number of 985K, which was a consensus beating 1001K last month, crashed to 893K, a drop of 92K which was the biggest since the January "polar vortex" effect, the biggest miss to permaoptimistic expectations since January 2007, and which brought the total number of starts to the lowest level since September 2013. Was it the harsh weather's fault this time too?

But wait, there's more:

We?re in the third biggest stock bubble in U.S. history - Brett Arends's ROI - MarketWatch

Now this is definitely suspect, coming from a mere blog site run by The Wall Street Journal - which no good PMSNBC addict can fail to distrust:

"Here’s a quick question for you. What do the following years have in common:
1853, 1906, 1929, 1969, 199........"

"Give up?.....Those were the peaks of the five massive, generational stock-market bubbles in U.S. history"

"Investors who bought into stocks around those peaks ended up earning terrible returns over the subsequent 30 years. Forget “stocks for the long run.” They ended up with “stocks for a long face.” The bigger the bubble, the worse returns.
And, according to a new research report, we are back there again"

But wait, there's more:

We?re in the third biggest stock bubble in U.S. history - Brett Arends's ROI - MarketWatch

Now this is definitely suspect, coming from a mere blog site run by The Wall Street Journal - which no good PMSNBC addict can fail to distrust:

"Give up?.....Those were the peaks of the five massive, generational stock-market bubbles in U.S. history"

"Investors who bought into stocks around those peaks ended up earning terrible returns over the subsequent 30 years. Forget “stocks for the long run.” They ended up with “stocks for a long face.” The bigger the bubble, the worse returns.

There's obviously been a real disconnect between the stock market and the economy, no doubt, and that's dangerous. The market is well aware of this. One of the primary drivers has been the fact that the bond market has been kept at an artificial bubble for so long and investors (especially yield investors) have had nowhere else to go.

I dunno. A foundation is definitely there, but the question is whether the economy will strengthen enough, quickly enough, to make up for the slack. We need big growth very damn soon, and I'm not talking about 3%. Second quarter GDP better be at least +3.0% or we could have trouble. Bottom line, we could cruise out of this OK or we could be looking at Japan and/or stagflation. Scary times.

Yellen can't control the growth of the economy, and that's what we need, immediately. Otherwise...

Last edited:

Christie?

You mean this Christie?

The Manhattan district attorney's office and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission are looking into a 2011 agreement Christie made to use $1.8 billion in Port Authority money to pay for repairs to the Skyway, a nearly 4-mile bridge-causeway linking Newark and Jersey City, according to the report.

Christie's administration pressed the Port Authority — the bistate agency that oversees tunnels and bridges between New Jersey and New York — to pay for the repairs and related road projects, diverting money that was set to be used on the Hudson River rail tunnel that the Republican governor canceled in October 2010, the report said.

Port Authority lawyers warned against the move because the Skyway is owned and operated by the state and not the agency, according to the report, which cited memos and emails reviewed by investigators that the newspaper had obtained.

Still, Christie's administration lobbied repeatedly to use the money, and the governor even announced that the state planned to use Port Authority funds before an agreement was reached, the report said. The agency eventually justified paying for the repairs by saying the bridge was an access road to the Lincoln Tunnel, even though the tunnel is located miles away, according to the report.
Investigators launch another Christie bridge probe, this time over Pulaski Skyway, report says | NJ.com

Are all these obuma scandal's PHONY???

14y720y.jpg

Obama's and Clinton's scandals were phony.

But wait, there's more:

Cool.

Explain which sector the "bubble" exists in..

And why it's a "bubble".

Go.

uhm, we don't have the funding to pay for public hires. public hires only add to our debt right now. we don't need to expand government we can't afford to. Get it? and we can't afford to because Obama did not fix the economy.

We just paid 1.7 trillion for the F-35..which doesn't work.

Exactly how can we afford that but not hiring Police, Firemen, Sanitation and Teachers?

It's pretty amazing.

The Military Industrial Complex has a magical pot of gold.

Everyone else?

You are fucked.

The democrats need to stop creating and fostering a large segment of society dependent on entitlements and uninformed just for votes. It is a drain on society and the economy. 1% of the people control nearly half the wealth of the country. That is what is reflected in the rising market. That is what is reflected in salaries not keeping up with inflation. that is what is reflected in the lack of public sector jobs. that is what is reflected in companies like Microsoft laying off around 15,000 employees. a rising market doesn't mean jobs, it means profits.

Republicans need to stop fostering an oligarchy.

But wait, there's more:

Cool.

And why it's a "bubble".

Go.

Consider reading the article for which I provided a link. And no, I am going to waste my time and anyone's bandwidth explaining to you how one goes about clicking on a link. Please consult the nearest adult.

But wait, there's more:

Cool.

And why it's a "bubble".

Go.

Consider reading the article for which I provided a link. And no, I am going to waste my time and anyone's bandwidth explaining to you how one goes about clicking on a link. Please consult the nearest adult.

I did and it was like most of the crap you conservatives post.

Full of shit.

Doesn't explain anything.

There are a lot of suppositions, would of and could ofs..

All the while floating scary terms which the article doesn't explain or the author doesn't seem to know the meaning of.

To sum up?

Some research paper said we are in a bubble because we can have stagflation and companies could go out of business because the moons don't align correctly.

I heard the exact same thing during the Clinton administration.

And many of the very same folks were cheering Reagan and Bush.

Housing Starts Tumble, Miss Most Since January 2007; Permits Have Biggest Two-Month Plunge Since Lehman

"Epic disaster." Those two words best explain what just happened with US housing starts and permits in June.
Those who want a slightly more detailed narrative of what the Department of Commerce just reported here it is: in June housing starts were expected to print at a solid 1020K, to validate the sustainable "recovery." Instead, what happened was that the May downward revised number of 985K, which was a consensus beating 1001K last month, crashed to 893K, a drop of 92K which was the biggest since the January "polar vortex" effect, the biggest miss to permaoptimistic expectations since January 2007, and which brought the total number of starts to the lowest level since September 2013. Was it the harsh weather's fault this time too?

Housing estimates are meaningless. Actual housing starts & permits still increased above previous month & year. Excess rain in the southeast caused a huge drop there while the rest of the US was up strong.

Full of shit.

All the while floating scary terms which the article doesn't explain or the author doesn't seem to know the meaning of.

To sum up?

Some research paper said we are in a bubble because we can have stagflation and companies could go out of business because the moons don't align correctly.

OK, you'll wait until a Regime-recognized "News" source like CNN reports it before you'll believe.

Who knew "shallow" could also be spelled without an "h"!

Full of shit.

To sum up?

OK, you'll wait until a Regime-recognized "News" source like CNN reports it before you'll believe.

Opinions broadcast by News sources are propaganda, not fact or data. Anyone dumb enough to allow them to alter their investments is too stupid to have money in the first place. That's how we know most of you posters are loser's.

Last edited:

The P/E ratio of the S&P 500 as of today is 19.54, roughly 20% higher than what would be considered a comfortable level in a moderately growing economy.

The Dow is at 16.53, a little less, uh, fluffy, although the Dow is usually quite a bit lower than the S&P.

Here's hoping that second and third quarter GDP numbers knock it out of the park.

Last edited:

Full of shit.

To sum up?

Pffttt.

You were getting on my case because you said I didn't read it.

Then when I do a spot review of your "article" you attack that.

Like I pointed out.

If you think there is a "bubble" somewhere..lets us all know.

And not with vague nonsense.

Like the dot.com bubble.

That was a true bubble. You had plenty of startups come up out of no where.

And many of which had pretty terrible business models. That is to say, it didn't seem like many of them factored in the cost of storing and delivering the product they sold.

So the stocks were over valued.

That's a bubble.

Go.

So all you true believers in The Obamaconomy....rush out and BUY, BUY, BUY stocks while they're cheap.

Please DO!

Borrow as much as you can and keep on buying.

We'll wait for you.

So all you true believers in The Obamaconomy....rush out and BUY, BUY, BUY stocks while they're cheap.

Please DO!

We'll wait for you.

Already did & I'm now rich & retired early. My new custom beach home is nearly built & I will be moving in soon.

Please DO!

We'll wait for you.

Done.

Sold them.

I used the profit to install a kitchen and bathroom into my Manhattan apartment.

Correction's getting closer. Let's see at least 10%, and then some decent growth news.

That'll be time to buy.

Forum List

Back