More economic good news, unemployment rate drops to 8.6%

You're reply translates to a cop out.

No, your previous reply is completely incoherent. I can't be held accountable for your lack of English language skills. Try rephrasing what you meant to say.

Another cop out

Go ahead and read what you wrote earlier. It's indecipherable. If you can simply explain what you meant, I'd be happy to respond.

As it stands,it's unintelligible. Here, look for yourself:
no body works and no get's unemployment would be shown as zero unemployment is that what you are trying to say?

Whatever does that mean?

Last edited:
No, your previous reply is completely incoherent. I can't be held accountable for your lack of English language skills. Try rephrasing what you meant to say.

Another cop out

Go ahead and read what you wrote earlier. It's indecipherable. If you can simply explain what you meant, I'd be happy to respond.

no body works and no get's unemployment would be shown as zero unemployment is that what you are trying to say?

Whatever does that mean?

I know what I wrote, it is in line with your argument. Maybe you don't understand what you are saying.

Another cop out

Whatever does that mean?

I know what I wrote, it is in line with your argument. Maybe you don't understand what you are saying.

What you wrote makes no sense. Whatever is this supposed to mean:

"...and no get's unemployment"

Seriously, simply explain what you are asking and I'll be happy to answer. Short of that, it's pretty clear you don't want me to understand the question because you know you'll be wrong.

Whatever does that mean?

Seriously, simply explain what you are asking and I'll be happy to answer. Short of that, it's pretty clear you don't want me to understand the question because you know you'll be wrong.
Hows this
If nobody works and nobody get's unemployment would be shown as zero unemployment is that what you are trying to say?

Last edited:
Jobless Claims in U.S. at Lowest in Nine Months

Fewer Americans than forecast filed applications for unemployment benefits last week, reflecting a drop in firings that may signal the job market is on the mend.

Jobless claims fell by 23,000 to 381,000 in the week ended Dec. 3, the fewest since February, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington.

Jobless Claims in U.S. at Lowest in Nine Months - Bloomberg

Fewer Americans than forecast filed applications for unemployment benefits last week, reflecting a drop in firings that may signal the job market is on the mend.

Jobless claims fell by 23,000 to 381,000 in the week ended Dec. 3, the fewest since February, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington.

Wow, during the Christmas rush, Job's rose.

Who could have predicted such a thing?

Gee Chris, for a retard, you're really sharp.....

The data is seasonally adjusted to account for the increased hiring at this time of year.

Hows this
If nobody works and nobody get's unemployment would be shown as zero unemployment is that what you are trying to say?

ha! Now it's clear.

If nobody worked and nobody got unemployment AND everyone who was polled had looked for work in the past four weeks, the unemployment rate would be 100%. If nobody worked nobody got unemployment and no one who was polled had looked for work in the past four weeks, the unemployment rate would be 0%. The number of people claiming unemployment aren't part of the unemployment calculation.

Hows this

ha! Now it's clear.

If nobody worked and nobody got unemployment AND everyone who was polled had looked for work in the past four weeks, the unemployment rate would be 100%. If nobody worked nobody got unemployment and no one who was polled had looked for work in the past four weeks, the unemployment rate would be 0%. The number of people claiming unemployment aren't part of the unemployment calculation.
even though nobody worked the unemployment numbers would show 0 people unemployed. Now that is fuzzy math.

Hows this

ha! Now it's clear.

even though nobody worked the unemployment numbers would show 0 people unemployed. Now that is fuzzy math.

No, it's not fuzzy math. If you don't want to work, you aren't looking for work and you wouldn't take a job if it was offered, why would a study of the labor market include you as a member of the labor market?

You suck as an analyst. First off, UI claims always go UP by a lot the first week of December (avg of 43% last 3 years) not down.

Secondly, the numbers are seasonally adjusted to eliminate the effect of normal seasonal changes. So while initial claims did go up by 151,000 (41%), that's a lot fewer than normal, so seasonal adjustment shows that as a decrease.

So you were wrong by claiming it was an effect of Christmas (since the numbers are seasonally adjusted to eliminate that effect) and you were wrong about what the effect was (claims go UP 1st week of Dec, not down).

You have to have actual knowledge before you can belittle the statements of others.

ha! Now it's clear.

No, it's not fuzzy math. If you don't want to work, you aren't looking for work and you wouldn't take a job if it was offered, why would a study of the labor market include you as a member of the labor market?

GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW FUZZY MATH WORKS.^^^^^^^^^^
If you don't have a job no matter if you're looking or not you are unemployed. If not what would you be?

If you don't have a job no matter if you're looking or not you are unemployed. If not what would you be?

So you're back to wanting to include students, retired people and housewives in the unemployment rate?

The only rational way to measure the health of the labor market is to measure people interested in participating in the labor market.

So you're back to wanting to include students, retired people and housewives in the unemployment rate?

The only rational way to measure the health of the labor market is to measure people interested in participating in the labor market.

No you are.

I must ask where does the government get these numbers from

13.3 million unemployed, was down by 594,000
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Last edited:

Not in the Labor Force.
The Labor Force is available labor. People not trying to work are obviously not available labor. Most of the 86 million people not in the labor force are over 65 or disabled or students or stay home spouses. A minority say they do want a job, though most of those couldn't take one if offered. A portion of those who say they want a job say they are available and they have looked in the last year but stopped looking (illness/injury/pregnancy/child care or transportation issues etc). These are called the Marginally Attached because there's a good chance they will become available soon. About half the Marginally Attached say the reason they quit looking was because they didn't think they'd find work (too old, too young, not the right skills, bad economy) and these are the discouraged (about a million currently). The U-4 measurement includes the discouraged and the U-5 measurement includes all Marginally Attached.

Wow, the Obama economy is such a failure, we're now applauding an artificially low 8.6% unemployment rate?

Talk about lowering the bar....

:lol:

Forum List

Back