More economic good news, unemployment rate drops to 8.6%

Everybody lies. The question is whether or not they're lying about this particular thing and what your evidence is that they are lying. Surely even you are not stupid enough to claim that every single thing the government says is a lie?

So...why do you claim the government is lying about how they collect the UE data (they say they do not base it on UI benefits, and you say they really do) and what is your evidence to support this?

Not everybody lies but to ask you one more time
The government lies yes or no?
I answered. The government would be included in "everybody." Funny how you insist I answer your questions but you refuse to answer mine.
So...why do you claim the government is lying about how they collect the UE data
Because the numbers do no match with the actual number of people not having a job.
That doesn't mean they're lying about how they collect the numbers and it certainly doesn't mean your specific claim that the numbers come from UI benefits.

Here is the government numbers: As of the week of Nov 6-12 there were 7,005,495
people receiving benefits from all programs (according to DoL Employment and Training Administration
There were 13,102,000 actual unemployed, adjusted for normal seasonal changes to 13,303,000. Getting more specific, the unadjusted number is between 12,782,418 and 13,421,582 at 90% confidence (between 8.3% and 8.7% UE rate) and the seasonally adjusted number is between 140,056,617 and 141,103,383 at 90% confidence (between 8.4% and 8.9% UE rate). Gallup's estimate of the Unadjusted UE rate is between 7.5% and 9.5% at 95% confidence.

So, what's the real number and where did you get it from and what defintions are you using?

That doesn't mean they're lying about how they collect the numbers and it certainly doesn't mean your specific claim that the numbers come from UI benefits.

How they collect and releasing the real numbers is different stop trying to deflect. They collect but what they release is two different things.
Let's take what I do for instance. According to government records in 2008 there were 555,900 Plumbers, pipelayers, pipefitters, and steamfitters. That is a crock of shit. A little over half a million in the U.S.?

Plumbers, Pipelayers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters

His logic is not our Earth logic.
He makes a claim that he does not attempt to prove or back up.
When given links to contrary evidence proving his claim wrong, he refuses to read them on the grounds that they're lying.
He doesn't attempt to prove or back up the claim that the links are lies.
He calls us liars.

That's about the most bizzarre thing I've ever encountered, and I've believed as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast.

that would be because bigfuckingnarcissist1775 is a big fucking liar himself, as I have proven dozens of times in dozens of threads.
Read my signature you lying son of a bitch

read mine, bitch.

I've PWNED you so many times it's sad.

How they collect and releasing the real numbers is different stop trying to deflect.
I'm not trying to deflect. YOU claimed that the UE numbers are based on UI benefits. I gave you links to the govt documents showing otherwise which you refused to read on the grounds that "the government lies." You have continued to avoid either admitting you were wrong or giving any evidence to show you're right (which you can't do). So, simple question which you refuse to answer: "How does the government actually collect UE information if they're lying about their methodology and what is your evidence?" Is it that hard to admit you were mistaken?

They collect but what they release is two different things.
And your actual evidence is what? You can't just refuse to accept the data (especially when it's confirmed by non-govt sources) because it doesn't sound right to you without giving actual evidence that it's wrong. Well, apparently you can, but it's hardly honest.

Let's take what I do for instance. According to government records in 2008 there were 555,900 Plumbers, pipelayers, pipefitters, and steamfitters. That is a crock of shit. A little over half a million in the U.S.?
Is that too high or too low and what's the actual number? WHY is it a "crock of shit?"

Oh, as of May 2010 it was down to 404,110 Table 1. National employment and wage data from the Occupational Employment Statistics survey by occupation, May 2010 (sum of "pipelayers," and "Plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters") Further looking at the release for May 2008, it seems as though they were including "Helpers--pipelayers, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters" to get the 555,900 figure.

How they collect and releasing the real numbers is different stop trying to deflect.
I'm not trying to deflect. YOU claimed that the UE numbers are based on UI benefits. I gave you links to the govt documents showing otherwise which you refused to read on the grounds that "the government lies." You have continued to avoid either admitting you were wrong or giving any evidence to show you're right (which you can't do). So, simple question which you refuse to answer: "How does the government actually collect UE information if they're lying about their methodology and what is your evidence?" Is it that hard to admit you were mistaken?

They collect but what they release is two different things.
And your actual evidence is what? You can't just refuse to accept the data (especially when it's confirmed by non-govt sources) because it doesn't sound right to you without giving actual evidence that it's wrong. Well, apparently you can, but it's hardly honest.

Is that too high or too low and what's the actual number? WHY is it a "crock of shit?"

Oh, as of May 2010 it was down to 404,110 Table 1. National employment and wage data from the Occupational Employment Statistics survey by occupation, May 2010 (sum of "pipelayers," and "Plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters") Further looking at the release for May 2008, it seems as though they were including "Helpers--pipelayers, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters" to get the 555,900 figure.

Way too low a little over half a million people do that skilled trade out of over there hundred million.

Oh, as of May 2010 it was down to 404,110

This may be getting close to proving my point about Americans not having jobs, that shows a lose. But I still call bullshit on the numbers that's way to low, for a population of 300+ million people or do you disagree with that also?

Way too low a little over half a million people do that skilled trade out of over there hundred million.

Well, that 300 million includes a lot of children, a lot of prisoners, mental patients, military.
The adult civilian non institutional population is only 240,441,000. And employed is only 140,580,000

Looking at the table I linked to that's 404,110 pipefitters/layers, plumbers, steamfitters out of 5,072,530 construction/extratction workers out of 127,097,160 total occupations (for May 2010.

So no, doesn't seem too off to me if you look at the whole table. And if you do look down under "Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations" you'll see 1,217,820 "Maintenance and repair workers, general" which most likely includes people who do plumbing in addition to other repairs.

Just because it "seems" off to you doesn't make it a fact that it's off.

But quit dodging....Where are you claiming the UE numbers really come from, why do you claim the govt is lying about where they come from, and what is your source?

Last edited:
[/LIST]
OH so if the entire nation became unemployed that would mean no unemployment.

I have no earthly idea where you arrive at these conclusions, but it's certainly not from my posts.

If the entire nation quit claiming unemployment insurance benefits, it would not impact the calculation for the unemployment rate a single bit. That's what I said. It's true. And that's because the number of people claiming UE insurance benefits is not a factor in calculating the unemployment rate.

But of course I just said that...and you got busy misinterpreting once again.
no body works and no get's unemployment would be shown as zero unemployment is that what you are trying to say?

I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say above. Can you translate that into standard English please?

Still, one reason the unemployment rate fell so much was because roughly 315,000 people gave up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.

Minor detail right?

Just give t time..... it will be even lower, the closer the elections get.

Kind of like the "terror level" went up before the elections in 2004.... what a crock of shit!!!

I have no earthly idea where you arrive at these conclusions, but it's certainly not from my posts.

If the entire nation quit claiming unemployment insurance benefits, it would not impact the calculation for the unemployment rate a single bit. That's what I said. It's true. And that's because the number of people claiming UE insurance benefits is not a factor in calculating the unemployment rate.

But of course I just said that...and you got busy misinterpreting once again.
no body works and no get's unemployment would be shown as zero unemployment is that what you are trying to say?

I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say above. Can you translate that into standard English please?
You're reply translates to a cop out.

Still, one reason the unemployment rate fell so much was because roughly 315,000 people gave up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.

Minor detail right?
No, it's quite important. However if you look at the Labor Force Flows you'll see that most of the drop in the labor force didn't come from unemployed dropping out, but from employed not (yet) looking for work. This means that we can expect the UE rate to go back up when those people do start looking and when more people who had been unemployed start looking again and when there are more new entrants and re entrants.

Here's my bet....right now you're concentrating on the drop in the labor force and discounting the UE drop, but when the labor force goes up and the UE rate goes up, you'll concentrate on the UE rate and ignroe the Labor Force increase.

Well, that 300 million includes a lot of children, a lot of prisoners, mental patients, military.
The adult civilian non institutional population is only 240,441,000. And employed is only 140,580,000

Looking at the table I linked to that's 404,110 pipefitters/layers, plumbers, steamfitters out of 5,072,530 construction/extratction workers out of 127,097,160 total occupations (for May 2010.

So no, doesn't seem too off to me if you look at the whole table. And if you do look down under "Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations" you'll see 1,217,820 "Maintenance and repair workers, general" which most likely includes people who do plumbing in addition to other repairs.

But quit dodging....Where are you claiming the UE numbers really come from, why do you claim the govt is lying about where they come from, and what is your source?

In the 2010 census it was reported that 24% of Americans were under the age of 18doing the math I came up with 74,098,930 under the age of 18 out of 308,745,538 and additional 1% were over the age of 65 40,136,920 grand total of 114,235,850
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
404,110 plumbers pipefitters pipelayers you do the math

that would be because bigfuckingnarcissist1775 is a big fucking liar himself, as I have proven dozens of times in dozens of threads.
Read my signature you lying son of a bitch

read mine, bitch.

I've PWNED you so many times it's sad.

and you're a childish liar what else is new? You chase me and reply to me knowing chances are I will not respond to you, so bitch stop trolling me and stop pretending that you are a conservative. You aren't
The only thing that you have ever palmed is your dick when Rosey and her four sisters pays you a visit. So how much do your hand charge you to service you?

Last edited:

In the 2010 census it was reported that 24% of Americans were under the age of 18doing the math I came up with 74,098,930 under the age of 18 out of 308,745,538 and additional 1% were over the age of 65 40,136,920 grand total of 114,235,850

I did the math. I just did it correctly.

Not if you're using 240,441,000 you figured wrong

Not if you're using 240,441,000 you figured wrong
The ages used for labor force stats is 16 and older, no upper limit.

You're reply translates to a cop out.

No, your previous reply is completely incoherent. I can't be held accountable for your lack of English language skills. Try rephrasing what you meant to say.

Forum List

Back