More lefties learn the glory of the 15 dollar minimum wage....unemployment.....

If you care to dispute claims in the OP, some basis other than your emotions would be in order.
Are you calling Ritu Shah Burnham a liar?

Well the increase has hardly even taken effect. It will be years before it reaches $15. There is no way that a few cents increase to minimum wage workers is causing noticeable inflation. And a few cents increase shouldn't make it so a business goes under. They were in trouble already obviously. The claims of the article are obviously false.
Most small businesses are in trouble. Take mine, for instance. There are some weeks where I could carry my bank balance in nickels in one pocket. Other than my own labor, which is not paid, I have 120 hrs of paid labor/week. Increasing that cost 50% would break me.
I have to have bar staff and security and I can't raise prices the 20% or so I would have to, just to keep my head above water.

You know liberals will say you dont deserve to be in business if you cant pay more money.
I'm in business primarily to provide a job for my severely handicapped friend and partner. As long as he can feed his family, I will consider Doc Holliday's a success.

If you care to dispute claims in the OP, some basis other than your emotions would be in order.

Well the increase has hardly even taken effect. It will be years before it reaches $15. There is no way that a few cents increase to minimum wage workers is causing noticeable inflation. And a few cents increase shouldn't make it so a business goes under. They were in trouble already obviously. The claims of the article are obviously false.
Most small businesses are in trouble. Take mine, for instance. There are some weeks where I could carry my bank balance in nickels in one pocket. Other than my own labor, which is not paid, I have 120 hrs of paid labor/week. Increasing that cost 50% would break me.
I have to have bar staff and security and I can't raise prices the 20% or so I would have to, just to keep my head above water.

Sales would increase if there was a min wage increase. The increase won't be 50%.

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that wages will have to be raised across the board and that WILL jack up prices?

You know liberals will say you dont deserve to be in business if you cant pay more money.
I'm in business primarily to provide a job for my severely handicapped friend and partner. As long as he can feed his family, I will consider Doc Holliday's a success.

A very admirable reason to stay in business.
But not good enough for liberals.

Sales would increase if there was a min wage increase. The increase won't be 50%.

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that wages will have to be raised across the board and that WILL jack up prices?

I posted a link to a study showing that min wage increases don't cause the sky to fall. You are ignoring history.

Ernie's product costs will rise as his suppliers will also be paying not just higher MW but higher wages across the board. There is no chance that increased profits will cover his costs. None. Zippo. Zilch. Nada. He will either accept less or close his biz.

Raising min wage to $15 for me would be over 50%

And no, sales would not increase appreciably. I own a bar. Minimum wage earners spend very little in bars.
I like the shrimpers who are out 2 weeks and in for 4 days. THEY spend money.

Ernie's product costs will rise as his suppliers will also be paying not just higher MW but higher wages across the board. There is no chance that increased profits will cover his costs. None. Zippo. Zilch. Nada. He will either accept less or close his biz.

History says different.

And no, sales would not increase appreciably. I own a bar. Minimum wage earners spend very little in bars.

There will not be a $15 federal min wage.

Brain-dead doesn't exist in this realm of reality.

No they were going under regardless...

And standing in the rubble of lost businesses and lost jobs that is how you will rationalize away your culpability. You make me sick.
:puke:

That has never happened with a min wage increase.

Not if they get a buck no. But if you go by the protesters demands yes.

You do not know that. Link?

Here's a link for ya....
Common sense Define Common sense at Dictionary.com

Perhaps Ernie`s employees will have enough money to buy Ernie`s product. Henry Ford figured this out 100 years ago. Consumers create jobs.

The whole fucking discussion is about raising the minimum wage to $15/hour. No one said shit about federal min wage.

Please try to keep up, Brain-dead.

The whole fucking discussion is about raising the minimum wage to $15/hour. No one said shit about federal min wage.

Please try to keep up, Brain-dead.

In Seattle. Are you in Seattle? If not your business isn't effected and you should keep up.

Perhaps Ernie`s employees will have enough money to buy Ernie`s product. Henry Ford figured this out 100 years ago. Consumers create jobs.
My employees get a discount.

You left out the part where he revolutionized car manufacturing to make it feasible.
And last time I checked most everyone can afford a car.
And you can bet those working the assembly line didnt make the equivalent of min wage.

They are staying open. The closing was all a farce. Don't be duped so easy.
Don't be naive ... $15/hr MW will cost jobs and livelihoods.

No it will not in Seattle. And federal wouldn't go up that much. I posted a study showing min wage increases do not increase unemployment.

Everyone has studies. I have linked a couple that contradict your study. Interestingly the Congressional Budget Office estimates the proposal (raising the minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10) would:
  1. Raise wages for 16 million workers making under $10.10 and millions more making slightly above that,
  2. Increase family income by $2 billion overall and $17 billion for people earning less than three times the poverty line (about $72,000 for a family of four),
  3. Lift 900,000 people out of poverty, and
  4. Reduce employment by 500,000.

http://www.businessinsider.com/if-your-minimum-wage-increase-doesnt-raise-unemployment-you-didnt-raise-the-minimum-wage-enough-2014-2#ixzz3ZIqAwaQg

The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income Congressional Budget Office

How Minimum Wage Increased Unemployment and Reduced Job Creation in 2013 Research American Action Forum

FYI - A living wage is one that allows a worker to be self-supporting without the need for assistance. And, it depends on where one lives.

Get a room mate like Americans have been doing for hundreds of years.
No one has the right to live by themselves because you say so.
I never ever said that. I've never said anything about one living alone. Obviously you have me confused with someone else.

Sure sounds like it....
"FYI - A living wage is one that allows a worker to be self-supporting without the need for assistance."

There is absolutely no reason for someone to be at min wage for more than 6 months unless they are a complete dolt.
Sorry, that's not reality in this jobs market. Under ideal circumstances, they probably wouldn't be at minimum wage very long. But, we live in different times, with a different economy and jobs market. ........... Regardless of what it sounds like, I have never ever said anything about a worker living alone.

How many times do I have to quote you?

"FYI - A living wage is one that allows a worker to be self-supporting without the need for assistance."

It's entirely possible to be self supporting on min wage.
I did it,as have millions of others.
And it gave me the incentive to better myself. Pay some schmuck 15 bucks an hour and the loser will flip burgers for life and there wont be any job openings for our youth.
Wetbacks have already stolen lawn mowing as a summer job for our children now you want to take away flipping burgers?
Sounds like a great way to fuck over the next generation...thanks a lot.
You can quote me all you want, it wont change what I said. I have NEVER ever said anything about a worker living alone, never. I have NEVER ever said anything about it wasn't possible to be self-supporting on a minimum wage job. I have NEVER ever said anything about taking away any jobs, never. I have NEVER ever said anything about taking away flipping burgers, never. Obviously you have me confused with someone else.

Forum List

Back