More Than Misogyny; Trump's "Jail Her" Comments Lost Him The Election

Did Trump's "jail her" comments impress you as justice or retaliation?

• It was so close to her releasing that tape: retaliation for sure.

• No, he just meant using the channels of due justice she might get in trouble for her past.

• If Trump could, he would jail anyone for any reason or even no reason at all if he were POTUS.

Results are only viewable after voting.
doan' matter, ese.

breitbart is shit, and you know it.

2nrh6dz.jpg

True, for a number of reasons, Trump should not be president, nor allowed within a 1 mile radius of the DC district as a whole. Congress should take out a restraining Act on Donald Trump right away; from his comments of vindictiveness towards people in his party that physically can no longer align their values with his.

That being said, I think the most damaging comment he made that cost him the election was saying to Hillary "I'm going to throw you in jail"...while he stalked her around the stage. The problem with that is, people tend to put themselves in other's shoes; even if for a moment. Where Trump thought he scored points with "shock value" of such a comment, what he actually did was shock a bunch of people to their senses.

It isn't hard to imagine that if Trump were president (it's never going to happen now), he would find ways to jail anyone and everyone who he found fault with; or at least litigate their lives into a hell where they wished they were dead. The man seems to seethe with an amorphous rage, blown all out of proportion to offenses committed against him, real or imagined. That translates into the perfect despot. The perfect tyrant. And history books are filled with accounts of men just exactly like Donald Trump. The citizens under their iron fist knew what true human misery was; I can assure you.

So, Trump telling Hillary "I will jail you" was one and the same with him telling every person out there "I will jail you too if I feel like it. This is how I deal with people I don't like.". Can't imagine anything wrong with that in a man sitting in the most powerful chair in the world.. :scared1:

Him telling Hillary that was laughable especially because he totally underestimates her ability to take his shrill whining and turn it against him. She's a skilled politician, but above all she's clearly got a higher-than-average pain threshold when it comes to public criticism and abuse. He's small potatoes, and he looked pathetic.

True, for a number of reasons, Trump should not be president, nor allowed within a 1 mile radius of the DC district as a whole. Congress should take out a restraining Act on Donald Trump right away; from his comments of vindictiveness towards people in his party that physically can no longer align their values with his.

That being said, I think the most damaging comment he made that cost him the election was saying to Hillary "I'm going to throw you in jail"...while he stalked her around the stage. The problem with that is, people tend to put themselves in other's shoes; even if for a moment. Where Trump thought he scored points with "shock value" of such a comment, what he actually did was shock a bunch of people to their senses.

It isn't hard to imagine that if Trump were president (it's never going to happen now), he would find ways to jail anyone and everyone who he found fault with; or at least litigate their lives into a hell where they wished they were dead. The man seems to seethe with an amorphous rage, blown all out of proportion to offenses committed against him, real or imagined. That translates into the perfect despot. The perfect tyrant. And history books are filled with accounts of men just exactly like Donald Trump. The citizens under their iron fist knew what true human misery was; I can assure you.

So, Trump telling Hillary "I will jail you" was one and the same with him telling every person out there "I will jail you too if I feel like it. This is how I deal with people I don't like.". Can't imagine anything wrong with that in a man sitting in the most powerful chair in the world.. :scared1:

Him telling Hillary that was laughable especially because he totally underestimates her ability to take his shrill whining and turn it against him. She's a skilled politician, but above all she's clearly got a higher-than-average pain threshold when it comes to public criticism and abuse. He's small potatoes, and he looked pathetic.

didn't she faint again??

didn't she faint again??

Yeah, try that stamina thing again. Got a lot of traction in the debate, didn't it?

didn't she faint again??

Yeah, try that stamina thing again. Got a lot of traction in the debate, didn't it?

your media claims she's helping the weak men up the stairs. im sure you agree

Hillary-Clinton-Helped-Up-Steps.jpg

Trump's vow to appoint an unbiased, non-corrupt prosecutor to investigate Hillary won him votes.

I love the polls you create.

Doesn't look like you're getting the answers you were hoping for with this one

latest

Jail is for criminals...

She seems to be one.

She might be but what you and Duh Donald don't want to acknowledge is that in this country we are innocent until proven guilty. And so far there's no charges much less an indictment. Much less a jail sentence.

Bullshit, I nor Donald is not for imprisoning her before an investigation. It seems the FBI investigation got carried away by her corruption.
Right. Give her a fair trial and then hang her.

I agree with you 100%. CEOs can be dictators, but POTUSs cannot.

One idiot agrees with another. How sweet.

She can "turn it against him" only with the help of $5 billion in free media from the DNC propaganda organ called "the mainstream media." You're grossly delusional about Hillary's powers of persuasion.

I see Tipsy's point. I also saw a bully on the stage. Glass half empty/half full. Interesting take, though, Sil.
In what way?
Most people aren't taking the bully thing too seriously these days--too focused on his tiny hands. That comment could really be read either way. Yes, Trump was angry and in retaliation mode throughout the entire debate. But "You'd be in jail" was just after he had accused her of skirting an indictment due to friends in high places. So it could be taken as simply "You would not have gotten away with the corruption if I were in charge." On the other hand, this can be added to the list of comments Trump has made that subtly infer a tendency toward an autocratic leadership style.
That's what I meant by "glass half empty/half full." It is ALL about the preconceived notions you bring to it.
Hillary maybe is corrupt, maybe has gotten away with breaking laws due to her status. Trump maybe is an autocratic blowhard who makes a lot of empty threats.
Interesting question. ANYTHING other than the topic of where his tiny hands have been is a relief.

:spinner:

She might be but what you and Duh Donald don't want to acknowledge is that in this country we are innocent until proven guilty. And so far there's no charges much less an indictment. Much less a jail sentence.

This comment from a person who's ilk are convicting Trump on all these allegations from women with no proof whatsoever? How interesting.

Forum List

Back