🤑 ⏳ Last chance to grab those Amazon Prime Deals! (Don’t miss out—click here to check them out!) 🛒✨

Most Of The People Effected By Helene Are Just Without Power

Risk you take living out in the boondocks

What if my power goes out?

People far from the coasts don't expect the entire power structure to be destroyed. There's a big difference between being without power for a day and being without it for weeks. Then in NC they are dealing with being isolated because of roads and bridges being washed out. How do you plan for a 1000 year flood?

Well yeah, once the hurricane blows over there is normally very clear skies for a while as the hurricane pulled out all the moisture
I don't know how many hurricanes you've been thru, but what they do is pull dry air from the North further South, and when they come thru they leave hot, humid air behind.

The statement was that those folks got what they deserved for choosing a rural area
Absolutely heartless douche bag
Adults plan for catastrophes

Those in remote areas are going to be the last to get power restored

The statement was that those folks got what they deserved for choosing a rural area
Absolutely heartless douche bag
He’s an entitled federal government retiree, who never had to worry about losing a job or massive inflation eroding his buying power. They are overwhelmingly Dems who talk about how they “care” about the working class, but in truth they have contempt and disdain for them.

And the working class knows it. That is why they - the largest voting bloc in the country - will be the ones to kick the Dems to the curb.

Well the funny thing is that having been through over ten hurricanes and even more tropical storms .... YOUR POWER GOES OFF FOR HOURS AND DAYS. And you can buy a 7500W generator for around 2K, and you'd be insane to live in a rural area without one. But even then, you ain't gonna have central air, freezer, fridge, tv and lights. But you should get a fridge, window unit and minimal lighting PLUS TURN ON YOUR EMERGENCY RADIO.

I'm 150 miles from the gulf, and if I ever see another Katrina (or Milton), I'm going another 150 or so to a motel

50 Amps doesn't do much in todays world and the price will at least double, or more with instillation by a plumber and a qualified electrician. And depending on the natural gas draw and pressure requirements you may also need an upgraded gas meter. It's not just as simple as buying the generator. I know, I've done it twice. For the minor difference you're better off buying a larger unit.

Last edited:
Many of the people who are suffering in NC, SC, GA, and FL are still without power. There are people up in the mountains that haven't had electricity since Helene moved thru the area. They're running out of food and water and nobody is helping them.

It doesn't make any sense to switch everything to electric if the government can shut off the grid or if a storm can cause millions to lose power. The only power these people have is with gas powered generators.

If you want miracles call Jesus.

Forum List

Back