Most rich people worked themselves up from lower class

That would go against the whole "you didn't build that / you didn't earn that" schtick, so it will be denied, distorted, deflected and damned.

Nobody ever said that small business owners didn't build our businesses.

Nobody ever said that success isn't earned.

You haven't been listening very closely to Obabble, bub.

That would go against the whole "you didn't build that / you didn't earn that" schtick, so it will be denied, distorted, deflected and damned.

Nobody ever said that small business owners didn't build our businesses.

Nobody ever said that success isn't earned.

You haven't been listening very closely to Obabble, bub.

I have been doing EXACTLY that. I listen closely to the entire sentences. You should try it.

No the question is , "Will most lower class people do what it takes to become wealthy?"

The answer is a resounding NO
I think in a capitalist society there has to be a poor class for the corporations to exploit. I or we just don't want them to be too poor. You don't want them to have it too good. I get it

Can you give an example of a corporation exploiting their AMERICAN workers?
Walmart needs poor people to work for $10 hr. Before we lost 20 million good paying manufacturing jobs working at Walmart would have paid more because no one would have worked at Walmart. Now they will because there are no other options. A benefit of outsourcing

How is that exploiting them? As you have said in this thread, it takes work to move forward. No skills, no education, they are stuck at Walmart.

My place of employment I am always being asked what does someone have to do to get hired. I tell them that they are requiring at least a two-year technical degree. So I suggest they go to night school or correspondence school and they are pretty sure of getting hired. But as of yet I know of no one who has taken up that suggestion. They would be making 6 figures in maybe 5 years.
Im more worried about the people who don't have those skills.

We hired a army vet guy to be a field tech. Pays almost 6 figures. After 6 months we realized he doesn't have the aptitude and had to let him go.

Why did you hire him in the first place?

I think in a capitalist society there has to be a poor class for the corporations to exploit. I or we just don't want them to be too poor. You don't want them to have it too good. I get it

Walmart needs poor people to work for $10 hr. Before we lost 20 million good paying manufacturing jobs working at Walmart would have paid more because no one would have worked at Walmart. Now they will because there are no other options. A benefit of outsourcing

How is that exploiting them? As you have said in this thread, it takes work to move forward. No skills, no education, they are stuck at Walmart.

My place of employment I am always being asked what does someone have to do to get hired. I tell them that they are requiring at least a two-year technical degree. So I suggest they go to night school or correspondence school and they are pretty sure of getting hired. But as of yet I know of no one who has taken up that suggestion. They would be making 6 figures in maybe 5 years.

We hired a army vet guy to be a field tech. Pays almost 6 figures. After 6 months we realized he doesn't have the aptitude and had to let him go.

Why did you hire him in the first place?
I don't know. He convinced them he could learn.

No the question is , "Will most lower class people do what it takes to become wealthy?"

The answer is a resounding NO

BTW, what does being a Vet have to do with it?

I am all for testing more than education requirements. We had a fellow who wanted to work a certain job and went to school and got a two year degree, couldn't pass the test.

Now they are going away from that and requiring 2 year degrees. I think it a mistake.

We don't hate the rich.....

We just believe the tax cuts and incentives we have given them have not worked and they need to contribute at previous levels

Of course, you hate the rich. They achieved so much more than you.

As you know, there haven't been tax cuts or incentives since Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama took office. There have, however, been massive tax increases and regulations dramatically slowing our economy.

Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society......Oliver Wendell Holmes

Yeah..and? Citizens are not your personal piggy banks with the emphasis on "piggy."

What is it with you lefties.........someone works to get the skills needed to either work at a job or start their own business...they work hard, they work smart, they sacrifice and take risks...and sometimes all of that pays off and they make a lot of money making other people happy......because in a capitalist society you only make money providing goods and services that other people want...

After all of that work.....you think yo have a right to come in and tell that person how much you think they can keep...based on your greed and envy of what they have......having contributed zero to that person's success....

And you think the person who actually made the money is greedy...

Now that is fucking insane......
They are doing quite well for all that work....and paying less and less in taxes

Our society suffers for it

Nope...the top 5% pay about 90% of the taxes...that isn't getting away with anything

Again..15% flat tax with a 35-40 thousand dollar deduction for all citizens.....that would be perfect......the really poor pay no taxes..the rich pay a little more...that would make you happy...right?

Thought not...you really hate how much the rich have left after you take their money in taxes......it isn't about funding government...you just hate that they have more than you even after you tax them...
Why do they pay most of the taxes?

Ummmmm......maybe because that is where most of the money is

9a-u-s-distribution-wealth-2007.jpg

People don't generally pay taxes on wealth as there is no "wealth tax"
No shit.....the wealthy made sure of that

But that chart sure shows where the money is doesn't it?

We just believe the tax cuts and incentives we have given them have not worked and they need to contribute at previous levels

As you know, there haven't been tax cuts or incentives since Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama took office. There have, however, been massive tax increases and regulations dramatically slowing our economy.

I seem to remember tax cuts in our Presidents $800 billion stimulus package.,.didnt you get any?

Last edited:
I enjoy those fiercely defending the poor little 1% who make every excuse in the world as to why they aren't rich as though they ever had a chance. Talk about voting against your best interests.

Just because you failed, why do you demand the same of others?

Funny how the left goes after rich people who actually produce a tangible product but they leave the Hollywood celebrities, who flaunt their wealth, alone. Why not picket the movie moguls to demand that the union members like gaffers and grips (whatever the hell they are) get paid on the same hourly scale as the actors and see how how it works out.

Yea let's deregulate again so instead of slow steady growth we have booms and busts every decade

Funny how the left goes after rich people who actually produce a tangible product but they leave the Hollywood celebrities, who flaunt their wealth, alone. Why not picket the movie moguls to demand that the union members like gaffers and grips (whatever the hell they are) get paid on the same hourly scale as the actors and see how how it works out.
Those rich Hollywood actors don't mind paying taxes.

Let the hot dog vendors make as much as stephon curry

Most super wealthy are not in the process of producing a tangible product

Actually, it is workers who produce a tangible product...and they have little to show for it

Most super wealthy are not in the process of producing a tangible product

Actually, it is workers who produce a tangible product...and they have little to show for it

So, according to you, unless someone produces a tangible product, it does not produce jobs?

I believe Bill Gates, Mike Zuckerberg and quite a few others would be very amused by your observation.

In your opinion, does the Walmart family produce anything tangible?

The question should be "are most lower class people able to work their way out of the lower class?"

As you know, the answer is, of course, they can, and do.

If they make poor decisions, how is that anyone else's responsibility?

How is a "poor" class exploited? Did they not make the decisions which put them in that situation?

Forum List

Back