Most rich people worked themselves up from lower class

Hyperbole?

Best you got?

Asking the wealthy to pay at previous rates is"emptying out their savings"

No one should pay more than 15% of their money to the government. And everyone should pay the same taxes at the same rate....

Idiocy

How is that......a billionaire paying 15% will pay more in taxes than someone making 30,000 dollars....since they won't pay any income tax.......and someone making 60,000 dollars will pay less in taxes than the billionaire......

Everything you want......the poor pay nothing ,the rich pay more and the middle pays some....right?

But no..........you see the rich with the money left over...and that shade of green you turn is not pretty....

equality.png

Oh...you posted the wrong picture....this is left wing equality...

View attachment 77056

Damn....you had a double dose of Hyperbole today didn't you Mr Godwin ?

That can't be true because the 1% steal everything from the lower classes that's how they got rich you know
That's how America supposedly stole everything from the natives and you got property and land you know, but I don't see your ass returning it back.

If I returned it back wouldn't I be keeping it?

And it's not my fault the aboriginals couldn't successfully defend their land. Besides my family didn't even come here until the 1930s

Did they come here via the Rio Grande or Ellis Island?

Ellis Island most likely from Italy and France

No......lowering tax rates has nothing to do with "allowing" people to make more money.....lowering tax rates is letting people keep the money they actually earned....and not giving it to greedy, corrupt politicians to waste or steal.
Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society......Oliver Wendell Holmes

Yeah..and? Citizens are not your personal piggy banks with the emphasis on "piggy."

What is it with you lefties.........someone works to get the skills needed to either work at a job or start their own business...they work hard, they work smart, they sacrifice and take risks...and sometimes all of that pays off and they make a lot of money making other people happy......because in a capitalist society you only make money providing goods and services that other people want...

After all of that work.....you think yo have a right to come in and tell that person how much you think they can keep...based on your greed and envy of what they have......having contributed zero to that person's success....

And you think the person who actually made the money is greedy...

Now that is fucking insane......
They are doing quite well for all that work....and paying less and less in taxes

Our society suffers for it

Nope...the top 5% pay about 90% of the taxes...that isn't getting away with anything

Again..15% flat tax with a 35-40 thousand dollar deduction for all citizens.....that would be perfect......the really poor pay no taxes..the rich pay a little more...that would make you happy...right?

Thought not...you really hate how much the rich have left after you take their money in taxes......it isn't about funding government...you just hate that they have more than you even after you tax them...
Why do they pay most of the taxes?

Ummmmm......maybe because that is where most of the money is

9a-u-s-distribution-wealth-2007.jpg

People don't generally pay taxes on wealth as there is no "wealth tax"

Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society......Oliver Wendell Holmes

Yeah..and? Citizens are not your personal piggy banks with the emphasis on "piggy."

What is it with you lefties.........someone works to get the skills needed to either work at a job or start their own business...they work hard, they work smart, they sacrifice and take risks...and sometimes all of that pays off and they make a lot of money making other people happy......because in a capitalist society you only make money providing goods and services that other people want...

After all of that work.....you think yo have a right to come in and tell that person how much you think they can keep...based on your greed and envy of what they have......having contributed zero to that person's success....

And you think the person who actually made the money is greedy...

Now that is fucking insane......
They are doing quite well for all that work....and paying less and less in taxes

Our society suffers for it

Nope...the top 5% pay about 90% of the taxes...that isn't getting away with anything

Again..15% flat tax with a 35-40 thousand dollar deduction for all citizens.....that would be perfect......the really poor pay no taxes..the rich pay a little more...that would make you happy...right?

Thought not...you really hate how much the rich have left after you take their money in taxes......it isn't about funding government...you just hate that they have more than you even after you tax them...
Why do they pay most of the taxes?

Ummmmm......maybe because that is where most of the money is

9a-u-s-distribution-wealth-2007.jpg

People don't generally pay taxes on wealth as there is no "wealth tax"

Skull Pilot....I respect your posts....but please...please, stop reminding these left wing nut jobs that we don't have a wealth tax....I keep hoping they will forget about that.....

they are claiming that 77 percent of those with over 3 million in assets worked themselves up from being poor or the middle class.

NEW SURVEY: Most wealthy Americans worked their way up from a lower class
The question should be "are most lower class people able to work their way out of the lower class?"

And the answer is....if they do what the people who actually make it do....then yes.......but most people won't work that hard or will be able to work that smart, or they don't have the talent to create businesses....

they are claiming that 77 percent of those with over 3 million in assets worked themselves up from being poor or the middle class.

We were poor and I'm upper middle class, my parents are upper middle class and my brother is rich. Compared to most. And we are a fairly moderately liberal bunch. My bro is a little right wing but he can afford to be.

How did he get rich? Masters from msu now he's a vp

The question should be "are most lower class people able to work their way out of the lower class?"

And the answer is....if they do what the people who actually make it do....then yes.......but most people won't work that hard or will be able to work that smart, or they don't have the talent to create businesses....
Or they aren't smart with their money

Or they aren't smart with their money

That too.....

There are ways to become wealthy....just like any other skill.....and some people have a talent for it too......do the right things and you get closer to being rich...do dumb things and you will never be rich.....

As the thread points out.....most wealthy people earn their wealth through hard work and smart work....

No the question is , "Will most lower class people do what it takes to become wealthy?"

The answer is a resounding NO
I think in a capitalist society there has to be a poor class for the corporations to exploit. I or we just don't want them to be too poor. You don't want them to have it too good. I get it

No the question is , "Will most lower class people do what it takes to become wealthy?"

I think in a capitalist society there has to be a poor class for the corporations to exploit. I or we just don't want them to be too poor. You don't want them to have it too good. I get it

Can you give an example of a corporation exploiting their AMERICAN workers?

We were poor and I'm upper middle class, my parents are upper middle class and my brother is rich. Compared to most. And we are a fairly moderately liberal bunch. My bro is a little right wing but he can afford to be.

How did he get rich? Masters from msu now he's a vp

My two brothers, I would say at best are lower middle class. One is a conservative the other a flaming liberal. Me, believe it or not, am in the middle, both in age and political leanings. How did they end up that way? I would say bad luck had a lot to do with it and bad choices. Me, I am upper middle class, in my opinion. I got there by saving and working 50 to 60 hour weeks and being very, very lucky in my choices and the outcome of my stupid choices.

Walmart needs poor people to work for $10 hr. Before we lost 20 million good paying manufacturing jobs working at Walmart would have paid more because no one would have worked at Walmart. Now they will because there are no other options. A benefit of outsourcing

I was in a discussion about retirement and a person made the joke that the lottery is all the planning some people have done towards retirement. Once I thought about it, it isn't funny and the lottery is probably the only way they will be able to retire.

Walmart needs poor people to work for $10 hr. Before we lost 20 million good paying manufacturing jobs working at Walmart would have paid more because no one would have worked at Walmart. Now they will because there are no other options. A benefit of outsourcing

How is that exploiting them? As you have said in this thread, it takes work to move forward. No skills, no education, they are stuck at Walmart.

My place of employment I am always being asked what does someone have to do to get hired. I tell them that they are requiring at least a two-year technical degree. So I suggest they go to night school or correspondence school and they are pretty sure of getting hired. But as of yet I know of no one who has taken up that suggestion. They would be making 6 figures in maybe 5 years.

How is that exploiting them? As you have said in this thread, it takes work to move forward. No skills, no education, they are stuck at Walmart.

My place of employment I am always being asked what does someone have to do to get hired. I tell them that they are requiring at least a two-year technical degree. So I suggest they go to night school or correspondence school and they are pretty sure of getting hired. But as of yet I know of no one who has taken up that suggestion. They would be making 6 figures in maybe 5 years.
Im more worried about the people who don't have those skills.

We hired a army vet guy to be a field tech. Pays almost 6 figures. After 6 months we realized he doesn't have the aptitude and had to let him go.

That would go against the whole "you didn't build that / you didn't earn that" schtick, so it will be denied, distorted, deflected and damned.

Nobody ever said that small business owners didn't build our businesses.

Nobody ever said that success isn't earned.

Forum List

Back