Mother of 4 deported

Every foreigner has a pathway to live here legally and become a citizen. Why not create a harder, longer, more expensive path for those that Are here and undocumented. At least then we can work it out together instead of having millions hiding in the shadows. I'd think you hardliners would like this idea... this way we have record of all that are here and they will have to earn it

FIX THE FUCKING BORDER FIRST.

GET RID OF THE CRIMINAL SCUM AND PARASITES SECOND.

Then we can bring more people in legally.

First, she wasn't caught at the border. She arrived here using false documents to obtain a visa and it wasn't until she applied for a green card that the investigation revealed she was her illegally. At that point she was given a choice, return home or live here year by year without any guarantee you will be able to stay for another year. She chose to raise a family here under those circumstances, so while this is a tragedy for the family, it is a tragedy to chose to risk.
You make a good argument. I don't disagree with your points. My disagreement is with the system that allows deportations like this to happen and I do think that there is a moral problem with what happened here, not particularly a legal one.
There was something wrong with the system when she was allowed to stay here 18 years ago, but I don't see anything wrong with the system as it is working now. She made some wrong choices in the past and it is sad her family will now have to pay for them, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the way the system is working today.
I disagree... I think Reagan had a big heart and did the right thing with his amnesty act. They failed to secure the border following that act and that lead to a bigger problem. Obama was of the same mindset and I believe did the right thing with DACA. It was the humane thing to do. IMO it needs to go further... Secure the border, improve visa tracking, and provide a pathway to legal status for the undocumented people living in this country. I don't see why anybody would disagree with any of the 3 points I just made.
Reagan did have a big heart and it led to some bad policy decisions. At the same time, there was a demand for cheap labor at that time, especially from the southwest and within the Republican Party. It is always a mistake to choose not to enforce a law rather than to change it. Obama, imo, was just a politician who was interested in capturing the Hispanic vote.

President Trump is taking measures to enforce the law as it is written, while Reagan and Obama took measures to avoid enforcing the law as it is written. You can't effectively control the border if you send out the message, as Reagan did, that if you get here illegally, we will allow you to stay here on a year to year basis forever, or even worse, to send out the message, as Obama did, that if you get here illegally we will give you a path to citizenship. That's just bad policy and bad government.
Every foreigner has a pathway to live here legally and become a citizen. Why not create a harder, longer, more expensive path for those that Are here and undocumented. At least then we can work it out together instead of having millions hiding in the shadows. I'd think you hardliners would like this idea... this way we have record of all that are here and they will have to earn it

Or we can create policy that will promote self deportation, have them all leave, and then start from scratch.

WILLHAFTAWAITE and Doc1... Did either of you put yourself in the position of this lady or her family. Think for just a second, what if this happened to my family?

Give one second to look at this with empathy or are you that selfish and entitled that you don't think that way about others?
I'll answer..
No. I have never put myself in that position. I have never tried to sneak across a sovereign nations border, then attempted to set up residence, while leeching off of the denizens of that nation.

Zero tolerance...
Well maybe you have a child who falls in love and marries a woman like this, now you have a family here that is getting ripped apart. Again, ICE told her should could stay as long as she checks in which she did for 18 years. She did make a mistake 20 years ago trying to use a fake visa. Do you really think the way this situation played out is right?

She's not telling the whole story. When found with a fake visa, she could have returned home and reapply in 2 years. That's the legal way. The other option, since immigration isn't big on the agenda, is to stay in the US illegally and hope we go amnesty rather than enforcement. She gambled. She also married and brought kids into this knowing she was here illegally and could be deported.

That's what I've been saying. I think there's a lot more to this story than what they are telling us. I would love to know what her husband does for a living where he could support a family of 6 in a place like Chicago.

There was something wrong with the system when she was allowed to stay here 18 years ago, but I don't see anything wrong with the system as it is working now. She made some wrong choices in the past and it is sad her family will now have to pay for them, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the way the system is working today.
I disagree... I think Reagan had a big heart and did the right thing with his amnesty act. They failed to secure the border following that act and that lead to a bigger problem. Obama was of the same mindset and I believe did the right thing with DACA. It was the humane thing to do. IMO it needs to go further... Secure the border, improve visa tracking, and provide a pathway to legal status for the undocumented people living in this country. I don't see why anybody would disagree with any of the 3 points I just made.
Reagan did have a big heart and it led to some bad policy decisions. At the same time, there was a demand for cheap labor at that time, especially from the southwest and within the Republican Party. It is always a mistake to choose not to enforce a law rather than to change it. Obama, imo, was just a politician who was interested in capturing the Hispanic vote.

President Trump is taking measures to enforce the law as it is written, while Reagan and Obama took measures to avoid enforcing the law as it is written. You can't effectively control the border if you send out the message, as Reagan did, that if you get here illegally, we will allow you to stay here on a year to year basis forever, or even worse, to send out the message, as Obama did, that if you get here illegally we will give you a path to citizenship. That's just bad policy and bad government.
If we did that, we would be sending a message to the 600,000,000 people living south of the border and all the other people living in poverty or danger in the world that if they can get here illegally, then they can become US citizens. It makes no sense to bolster border security and then send invitations to everyone to violate it.
Not necessarily. Crossing illegally and overstaying visas can still have penalties. AND the pathway for the undocumented can be less attractive and less incentivizing than the current legal path. Trying thinking out of the box
You're not thinking out of the box, you're just simply not thinking. Offering any path to citizenship for people who entered the US illegally is still an open invitation to 600,000,000 people living south of our border to violate our immigration laws: demonstrate your contempt for our laws by entering the US illegally and we will reward you by making you citizens.

This country was created specifically for White people of European heritage via the Naturalization Act of 1790. These third world scum was never meant to be a part of this country. The founders were wise and knew what they were doing.

If we did that, we would be sending a message to the 600,000,000 people living south of the border and all the other people living in poverty or danger in the world that if they can get here illegally, then they can become US citizens. It makes no sense to bolster border security and then send invitations to everyone to violate it.
Not necessarily. Crossing illegally and overstaying visas can still have penalties. AND the pathway for the undocumented can be less attractive and less incentivizing than the current legal path. Trying thinking out of the box

We already did that with the Reagan era amnesty. You have to seal the border or you get what we got. We do NOT need to rinse and repeat. Amnesty has already been granted so the next step is to seal the border. You don't get to keep repeating step 1. Surely you see how that just creates an exponentially bigger problem. Seal the border and then you can start talking "path to status," as the numbers are at least finite.

You're not thinking out of the box, you're just simply not thinking. Offering any path to citizenship for people who entered the US illegally is still an open invitation to 600,000,000 people living south of our border to violate our immigration laws: demonstrate your contempt for our laws by entering the US illegally and we will reward you by making you citizens.
I didn't say make them citizens. Are we at the point were you start distorting my argument because you don't want to consider or discuss other ideas? I said a pathway to legal status... and I said A harder more expensive more intensive path. Maybe they pay fines, are required todo community service, serve in military etc. my point is, there should be a path for existing undocumented. Penalties including deportation for new illegal crossers, and a more incentivizing path for people who wait in line an immigrate the legal way

We already did that with the Reagan era amnesty. You have to seal the border or you get what we got. We do NOT need to rinse and repeat. Amnesty has already been granted so the next step is to seal the border. You don't get to keep repeating step 1. Surely you see how that just creates an exponentially bigger problem. Seal the border and then you can start talking "path to status," as the numbers are at least finite.
I agree, but I don't see why we can't discuss a plan about what to do about millions of undocumented people who live here at the same time as we work on the border

While very sad, we are a nation of laws. You can't knowingly violate the law and than be 'outraged' when the law is enforced. This wouldn't have happened if she had obeyed the law, or the law was properly enforced initially.

The reality is, she should have been sent back at that time. It's another glaring example of why it's time to end Illegal Immigration. No more excuses. Just get it done.

So what penalty is she paying for illegally immigrating? She is being deported. Sounds perfectly fair to me.

WILLHAFTAWAITE and Doc1... Did either of you put yourself in the position of this lady or her family. Think for just a second, what if this happened to my family?

Give one second to look at this with empathy or are you that selfish and entitled that you don't think that way about others?
Her very existence does not give her any rights, because she has no rights. Illegal is illegal... karma is a bitch

I'm a compassionate person. So i hope something can be worked out for her. I don't wanna see a family torn apart. But the message does have to be sent that Illegal Immigration is coming to an end. So unfortunately, these kinds of things are gonna happen again.

My advice to folks wanting to come here, is to do it the legal way. We have a System in place for that process. When you knowingly break the law, you have to accept that there could be consequences. We are a nation of laws.

I'm a compassionate person. So i hope something can be worked out for her. I don't wanna see a family torn apart. But the message does have to be sent that Illegal Immigration is coming to an end. So unfortunately, these kinds of things are gonna happen again.

My advice to folks wanting to come here, is to do it the legal way. We have a System in place for that to happen. When you knowingly break the law, you have to accept that there could be consequences. We are a nation of laws.

The problem is that there are probably tens of thousands just like her, and every time one with kids gets booted out, the media will have another picnic. Because let's face it, if it weren't for her FOUR kids that she probably isn't supporting, it would be a non-story. But the media loves to use children to jerk a tear or two from their viewers or readers.

Her very existence does not give her any rights, because she has no rights. Illegal is illegal... karma is a bitch
I disagree. I believe in these things called inalienable rights for all humans

My advice to folks wanting to come here, is to do it the legal way. We have a System in place for that to happen. When you knowingly break the law, you have to accept that there could be consequences. We are a nation of laws.

The problem is that there are probably tens of thousands just like her, and every time one with kids gets booted out, the media will have another picnic. Because let's face it, if it weren't for her FOUR kids that she probably isn't supporting, it would be a non-story. But the media loves to use children to jerk a tear or two from their viewers or readers.

Oh yeah, the Open Borders Leftists love this stuff. They'll use the kids for sure. But i am pretty sympathetic. These kinds of situations can be worked out. I'm ok with that, as long as our Government gets serious about Border Security and ending Illegal Immigration. But if it's just gonna continue to be an Open Borders free-for-all, i'm less inclined to be as sympathetic.

To hell with your globalism, the bitch is an illegal alien… End of story

You're off your rocker dude.

You're off your rocker dude.
She should just continue living in the shadows if she comes back or wait in line....

Oh yeah, the Open Borders Leftists love this stuff. They'll use the kids for sure. But i am pretty sympathetic. These kinds of situations can be worked out. I'm ok with that, as long as our Government gets serious about Border Security and ending Illegal Immigration. But if it's just gonna continue to be an Open Borders free-for-all, i'm less inclined to be as sympathetic.

These kids can go back with her. It happens all the time. Parent(s) get a job ten states away, and they just pack their bags and move. I like to watch HGTV where they feature people buying homes. American families move to other countries all the time, and yes, with kids. They have to learn a totally new culture, a totally new language, and they get along just fine.

If we had some law that stated the kids have to stay in the US, I would be more sympathetic. We have a law that says she has to go, but no law that states she can't take her family with her.

These kids can go back with her. It happens all the time. Parent(s) get a job ten states away, and they just pack their bags and move. I like to watch HGTV where they feature people buying homes. American families move to other countries all the time, and yes, with kids. They have to learn a totally new culture, a totally new language, and they get along just fine.

If we had some law that stated the kids have to stay in the US, I would be more sympathetic. We have a law that says she has to go, but no law that states she can't take her family with her.

I hear ya. But if she doesn't have any other criminal offenses, i could work with her. Just how i feel anyway.

Forum List

Back