MSNBC caught editing videos to smear Veterans

The Veteran's group that hosted this event is very angry at the Tea Baggers for making the DC event a partisan hackjob.

She probably did exaggerate a bit on a few things

Yeah, after I summarized the video to you. Thank you for your admission at least.

No, I said she was too harsh in my first post about the barricades. I really don't take as serious as some on here seem to be. The barricades are the only part that seem to have been exaggerated significantly.

One person's "lie" is another person's "exaggeration."

"I did not have sex with that woman," she had sex with me.

"I did not commit theft by conversion," I merely borrowed without proper loan documentation.

"I didn't kill that person," the lack of oxygen in the person's brain caused the death.

No barricades were "hurled" anywhere, most certainly not "at the White House." They were stacked outside the gates.

Last edited:
Okay...for anyone wanting to watch the full unedited seven and half minute segment

Rachel Maddow - Advocates of shutdown upset over consequences - YouTube

A few points here:

1. The "info wars" video is misleading saying it wasn't a Tea Party rally...there were "don't tread on me" flags everywhere and Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee were all there giving speeches. Not "all" of the Vets were part of the same rally..but there DEFINATELY was a tea party rally. There was even another speech about "Obama needs to put down the Quran and come out with his hands up"

2. "Hurled the barricades at the white house" was a quick, one sentence remark that lasted about 4 seconds...the info wars video goes on about it like it was a major talking point, it wasn't.

3. At the rally that MSNBC covers, of course there is going to be black vets in the area...that doesn't mean they are part of the rally that MSNBC is covering with Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz.

4. Once again, the only real point is her saying the protesters "hurled the barricades at the white house" when they clearly didn't. However, she does somewhat correct herself the second after, correctly saying "hurled them on the white house lawn"

Some other points:

I paid my own money to help build the WWII Memorial. It was not a "Federal Memorial' when I was solicited for donations. To claim that federal money built it and federal money (the Parks Service) is needed to run it is false. The only reason it's part of the Parks Service now is because the government took jurisdiction of it.

National WWII Memorial

Also, Maddow claims that the Police in the video were working without pay. That is absolutely false. A disruption in the timing of a paycheck is not working without pay, and there is not even any evidence that the Police experienced any disruptions in the timing of their paychecks. Some FBI agents experienced delays, but they are getting paid in full starting tomorrow.

So it seems like Maddow is "exaggerating" or "lying."

And this is the best a Rhodes Scholar can do?

1) Said Veterans March was organized by the Tea Party, by Ted Cruz.
2) Race card, showed the ONE person who brought a Confederate flag, yet failing to show the thousands of BLACK veterans alongside him.
3) Claimed that the "racist" veterans dragged and hurled the barricades at the White House, because there is a black man in there.
4) Said that the police were not being "paid."
5) Continuously showing the veteran pushing the cop, but fails to show all the cops you STARTED the pushing against the veterans.
6) Claims again that the "poor police" are not being paid, while being pushed.

MSNBC Caught Framing Vet's With Edited Video - YouTube

The video doesn't back up any of your claims, nor does it show a clear editing by a news media agency with the clear intent to mislead.

Keep in mind, the MSNBC night time shows are like Fox -- clearly biased editorial. Like Michael Moore and Fox, they will show you want they want to show to back up their narrative.

Both Fox and MSNBC are bias "news" sources.

I have a question: Why did no one at the rally grab the Confederate Flag guy and drag him away? You know, them being "Patriots" and all, you'd think just one fucking person there, one VET would be offended by a jackass holding up a Confederate Flag outside the WH of our nation's first Black President.

In other words -- Why don't you police your own people? -- Why do you let that shit stand?

For the same reason assless chaps are still allowed at Gay Pride parades with children present.

You can't self-police everyone.

Racist anti-Liberty pigs?

thanatos was right -- they're just like Democrats! :eek:

yes, they believed in white supremacy, and that the natural state of black people was slavery.

and they believed in human slavery and that it was an issue of personal property, not humam rights.

they were racist anti-Liberty scum.

An Arab against slavery?

You've never been to Kuwait have you?

1) Said Veterans March was organized by the Tea Party, by Ted Cruz.
2) Race card, showed the ONE person who brought a Confederate flag, yet failing to show the thousands of BLACK veterans alongside him.
3) Claimed that the "racist" veterans dragged and hurled the barricades at the White House, because there is a black man in there.
4) Said that the police were not being "paid."
5) Continuously showing the veteran pushing the cop, but fails to show all the cops you STARTED the pushing against the veterans.
6) Claims again that the "poor police" are not being paid, while being pushed.

MSNBC Caught Framing Vet's With Edited Video - YouTube

The video doesn't back up any of your claims, nor does it show a clear editing by a news media agency with the clear intent to mislead.

Keep in mind, the MSNBC night time shows are like Fox -- clearly biased editorial. Like Michael Moore and Fox, they will show you want they want to show to back up their narrative.

Both Fox and MSNBC are bias "news" sources.

I have a question: Why did no one at the rally grab the Confederate Flag guy and drag him away? You know, them being "Patriots" and all, you'd think just one fucking person there, one VET would be offended by a jackass holding up a Confederate Flag outside the WH of our nation's first Black President.

In other words -- Why don't you police your own people? -- Why do you let that shit stand?

What do you have against the Confederate flag shit stain?

Okay...for anyone wanting to watch the full unedited seven and half minute segment

A few points here:

1. The "info wars" video is misleading saying it wasn't a Tea Party rally...there were "don't tread on me" flags everywhere and Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee were all there giving speeches. Not "all" of the Vets were part of the same rally..but there DEFINATELY was a tea party rally. There was even another speech about "Obama needs to put down the Quran and come out with his hands up"

2. "Hurled the barricades at the white house" was a quick, one sentence remark that lasted about 4 seconds...the info wars video goes on about it like it was a major talking point, it wasn't.

3. At the rally that MSNBC covers, of course there is going to be black vets in the area...that doesn't mean they are part of the rally that MSNBC is covering with Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz.

4. Once again, the only real point is her saying the protesters "hurled the barricades at the white house" when they clearly didn't. However, she does somewhat correct herself the second after, correctly saying "hurled them on the white house lawn"

Some other points:

I paid my own money to help build the WWII Memorial. It was not a "Federal Memorial' when I was solicited for donations. To claim that federal money built it and federal money (the Parks Service) is needed to run it is false. The only reason it's part of the Parks Service now is because the government took jurisdiction of it.

National WWII Memorial

Also, Maddow claims that the Police in the video were working without pay. That is absolutely false. A disruption in the timing of a paycheck is not working without pay, and there is not even any evidence that the Police experienced any disruptions in the timing of their paychecks. Some FBI agents experienced delays, but they are getting paid in full starting tomorrow.

You don't get a Rhodes Scholarship for being smart, you get it for being dedicated to the common good. If that takes a few lies, well, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

A few points here:

Some other points:

National WWII Memorial

You don't get a Rhodes Scholarship for being smart, you get it for being dedicated to the common good. If that takes a few lies, well, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

You can't be a freedom-loving Progressive without limiting freedom.

Let's cut to the real important stuff.

In the aftermath of those who showed up to protest were used needles found laying around anywhere?...Anyone raped?...Anyone now surprised they're a video superstar thanks to someone's handy camerawork while they defecated in public?

No one watches MSNBC except employees and family members.

Not quite true. I watch "Hardball" and "Last Word".

I tape them and watch them at my convenience, With one proviso: Any segment on either shows that does not feature an opposing opinion I skip over.

So, perhaps you are right.

Nothing edited here, and check out the thread on this topic in the tea party forum. A nonpartisan group held the rally, but a bunch of teabagger goons hijacked it causing damage to public property, showing hatefilled signs, and even one was arrested for having a gun.

You are a seriously pathological liar. Unreal.

And a coward too. You will notice that he has his rep turned off. If there's any question as to why that is, one need look no further than the screen shot in my signature.

Forum List

Back