MSNBC host mocks Romney's adopted black grandchild

Oh that Melissa Perry Harris. What a bitch. How dare her call Mitt Romney's grandson "gorgeous". No wonder right wingers are outraged. I suspect "gorgeous" doesn't even approach what they call him behind closed doors.
It was inappropriate to use Romney's family photo as fodder for a comedy segment.

MHP has correctly apologized for crossing that line.

Be as big as she was.

Perhaps. But it is hypocritical when Right wingers are outraged at Romney's grandson being called gorgeous while saying "get over it" when Obama's daughters, Wife, mother and father, grandparents, aunts, uncles and brothers and sisters are constantly under attack from the most base comments from seemingly everyone on the right. That is a true double standard.

I wrote no such post as your blanket accusation suggests. I've been a registered Republican all of my adult life.

Oh that Melissa Perry Harris. What a bitch. How dare her call Mitt Romney's grandson "gorgeous". No wonder right wingers are outraged. I suspect "gorgeous" doesn't even approach what they call him behind closed doors.

It was inappropriate to use Romney's family photo as fodder for a comedy segment.

Be as big as she was.

Perhaps. But it is hypocritical when Right wingers are outraged at Romney's grandson being called gorgeous while saying "get over it" when Obama's daughters, Wife, mother and father, grandparents, aunts, uncles and brothers and sisters are constantly under attack from the most base comments from seemingly everyone on the right. That is a true double standard.

Rdean, you get dumber with each post, and that is getting tough, even for you. Let me know when you get your next set of talking points, or as I call them, the Democratic Party's daily lies.

Be as big as she was.

I'm sure you can link multiple posts of people saying nasty things about the girls.

I know I can link dozens, probably scores of nasty posts flinging every type of insult at Sarah Palin and her family.

Including her youngest child...

You guys are really good at saying nasty things about babies. Go figure.

Be as big as she was.

I wrote no such post as your blanket accusation suggests. I've been a registered Republican all of my adult life.

RDean is a bald faced liar, so it shouldn't surprise anyone.

how have the mormans treated black people historically?

Historically?

They fought for their right to equal treatment under the law, they fought against slavery, and they had no problem sitting down to eat with them in public. Over all, they have a much better record, historically, than the Democratic Party that was on the other side on all of those issues. Why do you think the Democrats hate Mormons so emphatically?

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Pioneers and Cowboys

Slavery was legal in Utah as a result of the Compromise of 1850, which brought California into the Union as a free state while allowing Utah and New Mexico territories the option of deciding the issue by "popular sovereignty." Some Mormon pioneers from the South had brought African-American slaves with them when they migrated west. Some freed their slaves in Utah; others who went on to California had to emancipate them there.

The Mormon church had no official doctrine for or against slaveholding, and leaders were ambivalent. In 1836 Joseph Smith wrote that masters should treat slaves humanely and that slaves owed their owners obedience. During his presidential campaign in 1844, however, he came out for abolition. Brigham Young tacitly supported slaveholding, declaring that although Utah was not suited for slavery the practice was ordained by God. In 1851 Apostle Orson Hyde said the church would not interfere in relations between master and slave.

The Legislature formally sanctioned slaveholding in 1852 but cautioned against inhumane treatment and stipulated that slaves could be declared free if their masters abused them. Records document the sale of a number of slaves in Utah.

African Americans were not the only slaves bought and sold in the territory. The arrival of the pioneers in 1847 disrupted a thriving trade in Native American slaves. Utah-based Indians, particularly Chief Walkar's band of Utes, served as procurers and middlemen in a slave-trading network that extended from Santa Fe, New Mexico, to Los Angeles, California, and involved Spanish, Mexican, American, and Native American traders.

And let's not forget this little tidbit about Mormons...

They didn't allow blacks to be part of the priesthood (something all Mormon Males must do when they are young) until 1978.

By 1978, Strom Thurmond had blacks on his staff.

Not to mention, Mormon scripture considers dark skin a curse from God.

Now, to their credit, your average Mormon will wince when someone points these things out. They recently threw Brigham Young under the bus trying to blame him for a lot of this racism while giving Joseph Smith a Pass. But the Mormon Church has a horrible history on race.

But shit, the Mormon Church is one big honking lie, so it's hard to hold that against them.

Yeah, racism is OK to libtards as long as it is another libtard doing it, lol.

While we're waiting for that (it may take a while lol) did you see this:

"
As NewsBusters reported earlier, MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry began her Saturday show with a heartfelt apology to Mitt Romney's family that included her tearing up.
This prompted former MSNBC host Alec Baldwin - terminated in November for a homophobic rant towards a paparazzo - to write on Twitter hours ago, "If I cry, will I be forgiven all of my transgressions?"

Read more: Alec Baldwin Mocks Melissa Harris-Perry: 'If I Cry, Will I Be Forgiven All of My Transgressions?' | NewsBusters

Perry was raised by a white morman family after being adopted by them.

one of these things is not like the other was her own childhood.

How do mormans view black people?

how have the mormans treated black people historically?

Historically?

They fought for their right to equal treatment under the law, they fought against slavery, and they had no problem sitting down to eat with them in public. Over all, they have a much better record, historically, than the Democratic Party that was on the other side on all of those issues. Why do you think the Democrats hate Mormons so emphatically?

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Pioneers and Cowboys

Slavery was legal in Utah as a result of the Compromise of 1850, which brought California into the Union as a free state while allowing Utah and New Mexico territories the option of deciding the issue by "popular sovereignty." Some Mormon pioneers from the South had brought African-American slaves with them when they migrated west. Some freed their slaves in Utah; others who went on to California had to emancipate them there.

The Mormon church had no official doctrine for or against slaveholding, and leaders were ambivalent. In 1836 Joseph Smith wrote that masters should treat slaves humanely and that slaves owed their owners obedience. During his presidential campaign in 1844, however, he came out for abolition. Brigham Young tacitly supported slaveholding, declaring that although Utah was not suited for slavery the practice was ordained by God. In 1851 Apostle Orson Hyde said the church would not interfere in relations between master and slave.

The Legislature formally sanctioned slaveholding in 1852 but cautioned against inhumane treatment and stipulated that slaves could be declared free if their masters abused them. Records document the sale of a number of slaves in Utah.

African Americans were not the only slaves bought and sold in the territory. The arrival of the pioneers in 1847 disrupted a thriving trade in Native American slaves. Utah-based Indians, particularly Chief Walkar's band of Utes, served as procurers and middlemen in a slave-trading network that extended from Santa Fe, New Mexico, to Los Angeles, California, and involved Spanish, Mexican, American, and Native American traders.
And let's not forget this little tidbit about Mormons...

They didn't allow blacks to be part of the priesthood (something all Mormon Males must do when they are young) until 1978.

By 1978, Strom Thurmond had blacks on his staff.

Not to mention, Mormon scripture considers dark skin a curse from God.

Now, to their credit, your average Mormon will wince when someone points these things out. They recently threw Brigham Young under the bus trying to blame him for a lot of this racism while giving Joseph Smith a Pass. But the Mormon Church has a horrible history on race.

But shit, the Mormon Church is one big honking lie, so it's hard to hold that against them.

I said Mormons fought against slavery, and you spout off that Washington DC decided that Utah would be a slave state to disprove me. Can you explain the connection, because I don't see it.

While we're waiting for that (it may take a while lol) did you see this:

"
As NewsBusters reported earlier, MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry began her Saturday show with a heartfelt apology to Mitt Romney's family that included her tearing up.
This prompted former MSNBC host Alec Baldwin - terminated in November for a homophobic rant towards a paparazzo - to write on Twitter hours ago, "If I cry, will I be forgiven all of my transgressions?"

Read more: Alec Baldwin Mocks Melissa Harris-Perry: 'If I Cry, Will I Be Forgiven All of My Transgressions?' | NewsBusters

Double standards catch everyone.

Still trying to defend the indefensible ay? Shame on ya.

The Romney family adopted a black child, how many people here can say the same thing about their family?

You never answered my question. Of course I understand your embarrassment.

The Romney family adopted a black child, how many people here can say the same thing about their family?

whats your point?

why do you think perry is lying about her apology?

why are some of you pretending this woman was being racist yet no one on the right EVER says anything racist?

Forum List

Back