MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

As it could never be supposed in an modern civilization that children are property, it has to be assumed that the term "belong" means only the obligation of society.

And what indeed could be controvertible about that?

If that is your interpretation of what she intended - then yeah...:cuckoo:

Here in the western world, that is what belonging to a society means; mutual obligation.

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

Every community values it's children, they are our future

Why are conservatives outraged?

How is any of that free?....
Stuff needs to be paid for.
Do schools do it out of the goodness of their hearts?

How does government pay for it.
With our tax dollars of course.

Last edited:
This is a continuation of the Elizabeth Warren and the President's
manifesto that if you have success in this world and you think you
got it done with hard work,perseverance,dedication and sometimes just sheer will.
Well if you think that then you are a joke.

Government is largely responsible for your success.

Hey, my 15-year old daughter wants a horse. I'm not gonna buy it for her, but she can have one if the collective buys one for her.

Where do I go for that?

What I get from this message is that it's not enough that I took responsibility for my children, I am supposed to take responsibility for other people's children.

Too many parents believe that society should raise their children for them. There are many people who bring children into this world with no intention of doing right by them and they expect others to clothe, feed and house them.

Now this woman says all our children belong to society. Hell, no. I raised them just fine, thanks, and didn't need anyone to come and do a damn thing for me.

Thing is, those who are responsible are expected to pick up the slack for those who aren't. The left prefers those parents who feel it's up to the state to care for their children. The parents who raise their own children are a problem for nanny government because we do things our way and teach our children our morals and views. That's what they hate. They'd prefer to indoctrinate all children. They just want our money.

$85,000,000,000 rightwinger........
And there you have it - another blind partisan hack who has to bury his/her intelligence in the sand to save the face of their dear leader.

Lawrence O Donnell bitches about how it's not fair that some kids go to school unprepared and don't
have the same chance as the other kids.

Not one word about the parent/parents who sent the kid to school that way.
He seems to be pissed as he always seems to be at everyone else.
I pay taxes.Isn't that enough?

Lawrence O Donnell bitches about how it's not fair that some kids go to school unprepared and don't
have the same chance as the other kids.

Not one word about the parent/parents who sent the kid to school that way.
He seems to be pissed as he always seems to be at everyone else.
I pay taxes.Isn't that enough?

Is it the kids fault that the parents shouldn't be breeding?

If we can help a kid out who was born into a bad situation...why shouldn't we?

What I get from this message is that it's not enough that I took responsibility for my children, I am supposed to take responsibility for other people's children.

Too many parents believe that society should raise their children for them. There are many people who bring children into this world with no intention of doing right by them and they expect others to clothe, feed and house them.

Now this woman says all our children belong to society. Hell, no. I raised them just fine, thanks, and didn't need anyone to come and do a damn thing for me.

Thing is, those who are responsible are expected to pick up the slack for those who aren't. The left prefers those parents who feel it's up to the state to care for their children. The parents who raise their own children are a problem for nanny government because we do things our way and teach our children our morals and views. That's what they hate. They'd prefer to indoctrinate all children. They just want our money.

Nobody else helped you raise your children?

Family, friends, neighbors?
Church, schools, scouts, clubs, after school activities?
It is sad that you are all alone and had nobody else who cared about your kids

So you are saying America's public school system provides a quality education?
Is that what you want to claim? Nevermind we are woefully behind other western nations, dropout rates are staggering, college dropout rates are uncannily high (where many are paid for by taxpayers)
Yeah everyone - rightwinger thinks we have a great education system. :doubt:

Of course he does - if it's done by government, he will never admit how god-awful the results no matter what the evidence shows.

If government does it, he's already determined it to be wonderful results, even before they get started - much less finish.

yeah....he's a tool.
Still not addressing the $85,000,000,000 a month this administration gives to the central banks and financial system.

Sorry...too far off topic
Start a thread on it and see if anyone gives a shit

Of course he does - if it's done by government, he will never admit how god-awful the results no matter what the evidence shows.

If government does it, he's already determined it to be wonderful results, even before they get started - much less finish.

yeah....he's a tool.
Still not addressing the $85,000,000,000 a month this administration gives to the central banks and financial system.

HAhahahaha....whatever blind one.

I wouldn't let you come near my kids, it would end badly for you.

yeah....he's a tool.

So there you have the definitive proof.
Rightwinger is nothing less than a partisan tool.
If Bush was President and his administration was giving $85 Billion a month to prop up Wall Street RWG'r and the MSM would have a freaking riot-fest.
But since it is the dear leader - not one f*cking word about it. Nothing. In the autobot's mindset - Obama is above reproach, above criticism and most of all - demands absolute blind loyalty.

To it's credit it has never claimd to be an independent thinker.

If Bush was President and his administration was giving $85 Billion a month to prop up Wall Street RWG'r and the MSM would have a freaking riot-fest.
But since it is the dear leader - not one f*cking word about it. Nothing. In the autobot's mindset - Obama is above reproach, above criticism and most of all - demands absolute blind loyalty.

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

Every community values it's children, they are our future

Why are conservatives outraged?

Bull fucking shit,bet anything you have never had your own children or payed school taxes,free education my ass. free health services??? why do I get a bill from the doctors??,
sports???? yep payed for them also.

This is gotta be the most ignorant post I have seen in a long time.

Hey the sky looks blue,are you going to come up with some nonsense saying its not??Would make as much sense.

Every child receives a free education. Do parents of children receive a school bill or do they pay the same taxes everyone else pays?

In most communities schools are their most valuable asset........so are the children in that community

Why do conservatives hate children?

Only boot-licking morons believe that parents do not pay for their child's education

Nobody claimed to be a badass, I am however capable of seeing through any and all issues.

It just is what it is kid.

Which has nothing to do with the concept of a communities support of it's children

Forum List

Back