MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

How much do you pay in school taxes and how much does your school cost to educate a child each year.....don't lie now

When you assume the cost of "educating" a child, do you include sky high pensions and benefits that the staff receives, do you include all the unnecessary administrators in the school? Are you including a bunch of other crazy shit that doesn't contribute to the education of a child?

Explain to me what costs you specifically include in "educating" a child:

Here's my list:
1) The transportation costs, purchasing the bus, maintaining the bus, paying the bus driver a salary equal the the MEDIAN salary of non-government workers. Also, using that bus in an efficient as possible a manner, that means you don't have a different fleet of buses for every local school; or you don't have 1 bus for every 5 kids.

2) Bare necessities: Electricity, water, school lunch for impoverished children, uniforms (that can be washed at school for impoverished children).

3) Staff: Teachers, one teacher per 20-30 students. Paid about 1.5 times the median salary of non-government workers. One administrative position per 100 students. So in a 600 student school you'd have one principal, two secretaries, one guidance cons, two armed guards (yep armed!)

Additional Staff: School cooks, one cafeteria monitor per 100 students in the cafeteria, janitors, crossing guard.

Everything else, like mowing the lawn, fixing computers, etc, would be a county or state level contract that covers all of the schools (good way to save money).

4) Accessories: Textbooks, pens/pencils/erasers/sharpeners, basic internet. One modern computer for every 20 children in the school. If we assume about 5 classes per grade level, and 6 grade levels in a primary school, you get about 38 computers, not too bad. Access to paper and folders for impoverished children. Decent desks. One per student.

5) Facilities: This is the actual construction, expansion and maintenance of the schools. These funds should come equally from the State government, no county/locality would receive any special favors for any reason.

6) Anything not listed here is gone, 100% eliminated. Wow! You wouldn't even need an overpaid Department of Education! That's right! The local curriculum would be decided upon by the teacher's who specialize in their subject (math, science, etc), and parents could volunteer to exempt their children from certain lessons, with both parental AND child consent (not either/or).

Wow, education would be mad cheap and damn effective under my system!

Take it up in an "I hate public schools thread"

Doesn't address the fact that communities invest significant money in your children

And here I've spent all these years being so actively engaged in my kids' lives.

Going to every sporting and musical and awards event, talking to them about life and people and the world, helping them with their homework, playing with them, discussing their lives and hopes and fears, laughing at their goofy jokes, challenging and/or supporting their ideas and opinions, keeping expectations and standards high on both grades and behavior, being there for them when they've had a bad day.

And all I had to do was hand them over to The Collective.

Holy shit, all the fun I could have had with my buddies at the sports bar. NOW you tell me.

:hmpf:

Were those sporting events from your community? How about those musical presentations? Were those awards from your community?

Seems that your COMMUNITY is quite interested in your kids and your KIDS are involved in your community

And here I've spent all these years being so actively engaged in my kids' lives.

Going to every sporting and musical and awards event, talking to them about life and people and the world, helping them with their homework, playing with them, discussing their lives and hopes and fears, laughing at their goofy jokes, challenging and/or supporting their ideas and opinions, keeping expectations and standards high on both grades and behavior, being there for them when they've had a bad day.

Holy shit, all the fun I could have had with my buddies at the sports bar. NOW you tell me.

Were those sporting events from your community? How about those musical presentations? Were those awards from your community?

Seems that your COMMUNITY is quite interested in your kids and your KIDS are involved in your community

Yup, parenting is overrated. It's the collective that does the important stuff. Now I understand why so many dads leave their families, who needs it?

If you haven't seen this new commercial from MSNBC, then you must watch it now.

In a new Lean Forward ad, Melissa Harris-Perry tells you that your kids don't belong to you, but they belong to the community. Ridiculous.

See the video at Cameron Harris: MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Does this come from the great minds of "You didn't build that?"

"When an opponent declares,
'I will not come over to your side.'
I calmly say, 'Your child belongs to us already…
What are you? You will pass on.
Your descendants, however,
now stand in the new camp.
In a short time they will know nothing
else but this new community.'"~ Adolf Hitler

Hmm, Hitler is also Obama's model on gun control and heatlh care

Hey, wait a minute.

Does this mean we can no longer use the Child Tax Credit?

Who gets that now?

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

Every community values it's children, they are our future

Why are conservatives outraged?

Because they hate the born.

Unborn? They love.

Get it straight..dammit.

Yup, parenting is overrated. It's the collective that does the important stuff. Now I understand why so many dads leave their families, who needs it?

I've often wondered why conservatives don't move to desert islands or remote locations.

So they can put all their frontier knowledge to good use.

They are vast expanses still yet to be tamed.

Go conservatives..go!

I didn't build my business.

My kids aren't mine.

I have to purchase government-approved health insurance.

Anything else I need to give to the collective?

I've often wondered why conservatives don't move to desert islands or remote locations.

Go conservatives..go!

"Amurrrrrrica, love it or leave it!"

Holy crap, just a few years ago I was hearing that from the right-wingers.

Go conservatives..go!

"Amurrrrrrica, love it or leave it!"

Holy crap, just a few years ago I was hearing that from the right-wingers.

Just trying to be helpful..

:eusa_angel:

I can't figure out why I should be outraged at that video...

If you don't have any children, then it's difficult for you to empathize one way or the other. It's like asking a 20 year-old what it's like to be senior citizen. Children aren't slaves, but they are the parent's responsibility way more than any school or teacher. Schools/teachers don't feed, care, nurture and LOVE their kids anywhere near the parents of the children do. If you think that is meaningless, feel free to explain why.

If you don't have any children, then it's difficult for you to empathize one way or the other. It's like asking a 20 year-old what it's like to be senior citizen. Children aren't slaves, but they are the parent's responsibility way more than any school or teacher. Schools/teachers don't feed, care, nurture and LOVE their kids anywhere near the parents of the children do. If you think that is meaningless, feel free to explain why.

And that's not what she is saying..

Wooooossssh.

But let me ask you something.

When a soldier dies defending our country...do you go, "Oh that was someone else's kid, no worries?"

:eusa_eh:

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

Every community values it's children, they are our future

Why are conservatives outraged?

HitlerYouth3.png

As a parent, isn't it great to have so many COMMUNITY actvities for your child to get involved in?

Good thing your community does not say......Your kids- you provide your own activities

Who has ever said what parents do is meaningless? Are right wingers really this dense?

You people are nuts. What is the difference between what she said and the phrase, "It takes a Village..."

Communism.....crazy

Meaning is the same only "It takes a Village..." is more covert than "Your kids Don't Belong to you" Basic Communist Propaganda

So there you have the definitive proof.
Rightwinger is nothing less than a partisan tool.
If Bush was President and his administration was giving $85 Billion a month to prop up Wall Street RWG'r and the MSM would have a freaking riot-fest.
But since it is the dear leader - not one f*cking word about it. Nothing. In the autobot's mindset - Obama is above reproach, above criticism and most of all - demands absolute blind loyalty.

Which has nothing to do with the concept of a communities support of it's children

It has everything to do with it if you are intuitive enough to make the obvious connection.
But since you wear blinders everyday - I suppose it can be assumed you have also turned off half your brain.
And once again, and again...you like all Obama/party loyalist - you will not address the $85bn per month this administration is giving to prop up Wall Street.
In the middle of a sequester...where they don't have enough money for all of these things they claim...but the $85,000,000,000 each month keeps right on flowing to maintain the facade, and those that are getting the free money are making record profits and glorious bonuses for their employees...but it is Obama's administration doing it - therefore we will ignore it.

Last edited:

The point isn't about the kids who do have proper parents. It is about those who do not. Society can pay the small price of taking responsibility for their education, or "their ignorance and vices will, in future life cost us much dearer in their consequences, than it would have done, in their correction, by a good education."*

*Thomas Jefferson; to Joseph Cabell (Jan. 14, 1818)

I don't have kids, don't want kids and I sure as hell don't want to be responsible for someone else's brats. So I'll pass on the community kids thank you very much.

Forum List

Back