Mueller told Barr his memo failed to fully capture "context/nature/substance" of Mueller's probe

Trump Would Have Been Charged With Obstruction If He Weren’t President, Former U.S. Prosecutors Say

Conduct outlined in the Mueller report would lead to multiple felony charges against anyone else, according to at least 375 former federal prosecutors.

“Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice,” said the statement, which was posted online Monday after garnering at least 375 signatures.

“To look at these facts and say that a prosecutor could not probably sustain a conviction for obstruction of justice — the standard set out in Principles of Federal Prosecution — runs counter to logic and our experience,” the statement continued.

The statement contradicts Attorney General William Barr’s assertion that Mueller’s report found insufficient evidence showing Trump obstructed justice.

Trump Would Have Been Charged With Obstruction If He Weren't President, Former U.S. Prosecutors Say

375 former federal prosecutors? Damn, that should tell us something.
Birfer.
375 former federal prosecutors....

The take away from the latest phone call between Barr and Mueller is that Mueller agrees that Barr's summary memo is not inaccurate. There is no there there.
“The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this office’s work and conclusions,” Mueller wrote. “There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

The letter made a key request: that Barr release the 448-page report’s introductions and executive summaries, and made some initial suggested redactions for doing so, according to Justice Department officials.

Some anecdotal report about a phone call wont cut it, Mueller needs to testify.

The investigation either "charges" someone or they "don't charge". Mueller didn't charge. Period.
The political spin of all the "almost chargeable crap" would be deleted by any judge from the Mueller report.
Document the evidence, not the suspicions.
The investigation either "charges" someone or they "don't charge". Mueller didn't charge. Period

No they don't " either charge or they don't ".
Neither Nixon nor Clinton were indicted after those investigations.

Trump Would Have Been Charged With Obstruction If He Weren’t President, Former U.S. Prosecutors Say

Conduct outlined in the Mueller report would lead to multiple felony charges against anyone else, according to at least 375 former federal prosecutors.

“Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice,” said the statement, which was posted online Monday after garnering at least 375 signatures.

“To look at these facts and say that a prosecutor could not probably sustain a conviction for obstruction of justice — the standard set out in Principles of Federal Prosecution — runs counter to logic and our experience,” the statement continued.

The statement contradicts Attorney General William Barr’s assertion that Mueller’s report found insufficient evidence showing Trump obstructed justice.

Trump Would Have Been Charged With Obstruction If He Weren't President, Former U.S. Prosecutors Say

Birfer.

MSNBC just reported that this list is now over 400 - and growing.

Birfer.
No one cares about yesterday’s news buttinskis

If Mueller is griping about parties not getting the flavors and nuances of his report then-
1. He should not have been ambiguous (likely on purpose)
2. He is a diva

You may be right. However, I'm hopeful that Mueller will put America first. Mueller has put too much information in writing to deny or backpedal on it. Experts will be asking him tough questions. Let's hope he responds honestly - which I expect he will. Congress needs to see the UNREDACTED Mueller report along with all supporting documentation and evidence.

Yes, Mueller will be truthful and put America first. Protecting the institutions that make up the Republic is exactly how Mueller understands putting America first.

Even Graham has by now understood that game. Formerly adamantly opposed to Mueller testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee, he now called in Mueller if - IF - Mueller wished to contradict Barr's depiction of the Barr-Mueller phone call (in which Mueller allegedly said he found no misrepresentation in Barr's four-page memo to Congress). What is Graham doing here? He bets Mueller will not call his good friend, Barr, Attorney General of the U.S. of A., a liar. So, there's political hay to be made here, even if Mueller just doesn't show up. It demonstrates Barr's depiction was correct when, in all likelihood, it was not.

That's the problem with "Go Mueller". Or so I see it.

Even if Mueller just stands by the letter he wrote to Barr - that's good enough for me. Mueller laid out his concerns very clearly.
those are?

I expect you won't answer. you didn't read it.

See we don’t run our country based on what guys who Used to be on the job want to say.
Right, we run it based on what congress says. And they want the report and the evidwnce. But waaaaaah, you don't like that, either. I guess you think we run the country based on what FOX says...

Mueller does not want to be responsible for himself. He could and should have been concise and explicitly clear but instead some rambling thesis where others have to decipher him and now he’s girly bitching about it when he deliberately set it up this way.

He was very clear and very concise. Which parts are you having problems with?

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. Link below.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III expressed his concerns in a letter to William P. Barr after the attorney general publicized Mueller's principal conclusions. Mueller also pressed Barr in a phone call to release executive summaries of his report.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

More: Mueller complained to Barr that memo did not capture ‘context’ of probe

Good for Mueller speaking out about his report being twisted by Barr.
/——/ Mueller was complaining about the media coverage of his report, not the Barr summary.
/——/ Mueller was complaining about the media coverage of his report, not the Barr summary.

LOL...

The media was reporting on Barr's summary, dope.

James Comey To William Barr: Trump ‘Has Eaten Your Soul’

Comey is an obnoxious asshole - but he's right about that.

Trump is so corrupt, he soils and disfigures everything in his orbit. Quite naturally, this monument to corruption whined for years he wanted an AG who would act as his Roy Cohn. Roy Cohn, of course, was a corrupt sleazebag in his own right. Upon hearing there was an opening because Sessions got the boot in Trump's signature humiliating way (not that Sessions deserved any less), Barr jumped up and down for weeks, even offered a proof of his willingness to bend the law on obstruction of justice to demonstrate his sleazy subservience, yelling, "Here, I, choose me, that's exactly the job I desperately want! Make me your Roy Cohn, I'll be everything you want!"

And Comey, the sanctimonious, pompous asshole, actually thinks there's a "soul" to eat.

I wonder if Comey, Page, Strozk and that crew still have secret meetings and plans? Do they meet in a treehouse somewhere? Secret handshakes? Perhaps by Ham radio?
I wonder if Comey, Page, Strozk and that crew still have secret meetings and plans? Do they meet in a treehouse somewhere? Secret handshakes? Perhaps by Ham radio?

I wonder if you have any idea at all of what malfeasance you allege. What did those you named do to or against Trump?

If Mueller is the great American patriot that I think he is, he will testify before the House Judiciary Committee - regardless of what Trump says.

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. No link yet.

Good for Mueller speaking out about his report being twisted by Barr.

I was LONG waiting for Mueller to speak up.......Even the redacted, released report makes Barr's "summary" seem like the fat moron's conclusion, a paid-for piece of obfuscation by a full-fledged Trump STOOGE.....

Barr..........especially if he fails to testify before the House judiciary committee will face impeachment....and THAT is much better than Trump's impeachment chatter (Mnuchin???.........are you listening??)................LOVE IT !!!

Considering he released the actual report a few days later......what exactly is your problem?

A month later.

"Exonerated" is a misrepresentation.

Also a flat out lie.

So the President was convicted then, creepazoid?

At least charged then, right?

Ah, you're just a fucking liar - :thup:

How many times do you morons have to be told that it is against DOJ policy to do those things?

The Grand Inquisitor found NO EVIDENCE to support the conclusion that obstruction occurred.

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5955997-Muellerreport

Read the fucking report, racist retard.

You should take your own advice.

"Exonerated" is a misrepresentation.

Also a flat out lie.

So the President was convicted then, creepazoid?

At least charged then, right?

Ah, you're just a fucking liar - :thup:

How many times do you morons have to be told that it is against DOJ policy to do those things?

The Grand Inquisitor found NO EVIDENCE to support the conclusion that obstruction occurred.

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5955997-Muellerreport

I have read most of it. More than you have. And that is going to become a real big problem for you as I start grinding your weasel ass up. Mueller found no such thing.

I've read all of it.

It took two weekends but I slogged through it.

If you read it, then you know you are lying and you know the fascist media is lying. The Grand Inquisitor could find no crimes. Under the law, that is his only ability, to find crimes or not - and he did not.

The Weissman slander (vol. 2) offered no legal findings and was purely a political hatchet job.
I've read all of it.

That's obviously not true.

Mueller does not want to be responsible for himself. He could and should have been concise and explicitly clear but instead some rambling thesis where others have to decipher him and now he’s girly bitching about it when he deliberately set it up this way.

He was very clear and very concise. Which parts are you having problems with?
The part where he is whining about the public not grasping the nuances of his work

Forum List

Back