Münster vehicle attack...

If somebody builds a car whose entire purpose for existence is solely to kill or maim, then sure I'm all for banning it.
There has never been a firearm built “whose entire purpose for existence is solely to kill or maim”. Never. Not one.

That's incorrect. Guns are made to kill, maybe in the name of defense but their purpose is to kill.
That is incorrect. Guns are made to hurl an object along a trajectory. My gun has never killed because that is not its purpose.

Purpose and intent are imparted by people, not inanimate objects.

If you are concerned with the slaughter of people, you will call for the removal and ban of all vehicles.

Heck if I know...
That is the universal slogan of progressives when discussing firearms. “Heck if I know!”.

But that sure doesn’t stop them from coming up with zillions of policy “ideas” for controlling and/or banning them.

So bizarre to propose legislation ideas for something one knows nothing about. It would be like calling my congressman every day with ideas on how regulate the study, testing, and production of rocket science.

I see, still taking posts out of context and then make up an argument around it. Don't bother responding to me if you can't be even remotely honest. Deal, eh?

There has never been a firearm built “whose entire purpose for existence is solely to kill or maim”. Never. Not one.

That's incorrect. Guns are made to kill, maybe in the name of defense but their purpose is to kill.

No, they are not. They are made to propel a projectile to a target. Tens of billions of rounds are fired every year and a vanishingly small number of those are directed at either people or animals.

Yes, thankfully. Your firearm is designed to kill just the same.

No, it isn't. Based on your rational then cars, which are far fewer in number, and kill far more people were designed only to kill. In the USA there are over 300,000,000 firearms, and they kill (through all reasons, legal, and illegal) 30,000 per year. There are 263 million cars in the USA and they kill 1,300,000 per year. So, based on numbers alone it is clear that cars are only designed to kill people because they sure do it a hell of a lot more.

Shocker, your logic is flawed.

More people own cars than guns, it's just that people who own guns own a lot.

Also, even if one does not own a gun more Americans interact with cars whether as a passenger, driver or pedestrian than they encounter guns.

I mean, Jesus Christ people, pull your heads out of your asses and try to make a rational argument. A car is designed for transportation, not to kill.

Guns, are not designed for anything else but to shoot a projectile at a high velocity, not to penetrate a paper target but to cut through a living being.

If you really want to own a gun that is not meant for this purpose I have one option for you:

flare-gub.png
You are projecting a purpose onto a gun that simply does not exist.

Your argument is also flawed in that ownership of a gun is a natural right, ownership of a car is not. It doesn't matter how many or how few own or use either.

If somebody builds a car whose entire purpose for existence is solely to kill or maim, then sure I'm all for banning it.

That is incorrect. Guns are made to hurl an object along a trajectory. My gun has never killed because that is not its purpose.

If you are concerned with the slaughter of people, you will call for the removal and ban of all vehicles.

Purpose and intent is imparted when the gun was designed, regardless of what the owners intent is.

Guns, are not designed for anything else but to shoot a projectile at a high velocity, not to penetrate a paper target but to cut through a living being.
That’s not true at all. Firearms were invented for protection against predators and hunting. It never occurred to anyone involved to use it against humans. But like automobiles, knives, and the internet, bad people figured out ways to leverage it for bad intent.

Purpose and intent is imparted when the gun was designed, regardless of what the owners intent is.
No, purpose was imparted while intent is meaningless with an inanimate object.

No, they are not. They are made to propel a projectile to a target. Tens of billions of rounds are fired every year and a vanishingly small number of those are directed at either people or animals.

No, it isn't. Based on your rational then cars, which are far fewer in number, and kill far more people were designed only to kill. In the USA there are over 300,000,000 firearms, and they kill (through all reasons, legal, and illegal) 30,000 per year. There are 263 million cars in the USA and they kill 1,300,000 per year. So, based on numbers alone it is clear that cars are only designed to kill people because they sure do it a hell of a lot more.

Also, even if one does not own a gun more Americans interact with cars whether as a passenger, driver or pedestrian than they encounter guns.

I mean, Jesus Christ people, pull your heads out of your asses and try to make a rational argument. A car is designed for transportation, not to kill.

If you really want to own a gun that is not meant for this purpose I have one option for you:

flare-gub.png

Your argument is also flawed in that ownership of a gun is a natural right, ownership of a car is not. It doesn't matter how many or how few own or use either.

No, the only argument I see that a gun is not designed to kill is it's used for target practice. However many military firearms are only used in target practice, but that isn't the reason the military has firearms.

So to be clear...you couldn’t care any less about human life. Your only concern is for your irrational fear over what you falsely believe is the intent of an object.

Once again, you are wrong. You imply intent based on nothing more than your opinion. What is the purpose of this rifle I have pictured here?

schuetzen1w_1024x1024.jpg

flare-gub.png

No, the only argument I see that a gun is not designed to kill is it's used for target practice. However many military firearms are only used in target practice, but that isn't the reason the military has firearms.
actually, the only argument being put forward by the left is that guns kill people just by laying around. Or what do you think the whole "fewer guns = fewer shootings" argument equates to?

My guns have killed far fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car.

That’s not true at all. Firearms were invented for protection against predators and hunting. It never occurred to anyone involved to use it against humans. But like automobiles, knives, and the internet, bad people figured out ways to leverage it for bad intent.

When I said kill I didn't necessarily mean humans. However, when you point the weapon at a person or animal and pull the trigger the intent, design and purpose for the weapon is more than apparent.

When I said kill I didn't necessarily mean humans. However, when you point the weapon at a person or animal and pull the trigger the intent, design and purpose for the weapon is more than apparent.
I can say the same thing about any number of hundreds of items. Like an automobile.

A gun, when misused, can kill.
An auto, when misused, can kill.
A bucket of water, when misused, can kill.

However, when you point the weapon at a person or animal and pull the trigger the intent, design and purpose for the weapon is more than apparent.
Oh...you mean like when you turn the wheel and push down on the peddle into a crowd of people, the “intent”, “design”, and “purpose” for the automobile is more than apparent?

Once again, you are wrong. You imply intent based on nothing more than your opinion. What is the purpose of this rifle I have pictured here?

schuetzen1w_1024x1024.jpg

Looks to be some sort of competitive shooting rifle. If you want to be intellectually dishonest please do. This rifle would be very ineffective for killing, well unless your target agrees to stand still. Anyway, not exactly a weapon that most people have.

So to be clear...you couldn’t care any less about human life. Your only concern is for your irrational fear over what you falsely believe is the intent of an object.

No, never said that, your coming to your own conclusions based on whatever is going on between your ears.

No, never said that, your coming to your own conclusions based on whatever is going on between your ears.
Oh but you did sweetie. See, automobiles kill more people every single year. And you’ve never complained about them. Which proves you couldn’t care any less about human life. It’s not about the deaths for you (or you would be all over banning automobiles).

Forum List

Back