Zone1 Muhammad Ali's Opinions On Race. Right? Wrong?

You call people black racists, but they actually were blacks rracting to white racism. The type of racism you express with your comment about blacks and whites not being able to live together peacefully and equitably. As long as whites like you have that attitude and can't recignize that YOU ARE THE RACIST, instead of calling black wgo are reacting to your racism the racists, there will always be problems.
Racism is racism.
Racism because someone else is a racist is racism.
Racism because you believe yourself to be justified in your racism is racism.
Hiring a person because of the color of their skin (black or white) is racism.
Constantly harping about why a race you don't like sucks is racism.

You see … no matter what the cause of a person's racist views is ... it doesn't change the fact that the person is a racist.

Personally, I believe the term is so overly used that it has lost its meaning.

Thanks for sharing that, very interesting! Was he hard to understand or could he still speak pretty well? My understanding was that the Parkinsons was pretty devastating to him.
By 2008, the last time that I saw him, the effects were visible. He just spoke a lot more slowly and was less animated.
Never lost his sense of humor though.

Racism is racism.
Racism because someone else is a racist is racism.
Racism because you believe yourself to be justified in your racism is racism.
Hiring a person because of the color of their skin (black or white) is racism.
Constantly harping about why a race you don't like sucks is racism.

You see … no matter what the cause of a person's racist views is ... it doesn't change the fact that the person is a racist.

Personally, I believe the term is so overly used that it has lost its meaning.
No Jackson, you don't get to make up definitions of racism.

Racism is the belief in an inherent trait based on race, not what you posted. And if a part of a race of people consistently create policies and other stumbling blocks to deny equality, it is not racist to point that out, nor is racist to call out and oppose the members of the race who are doing it. The term is misued by those practicing the behavior, it is not overused.

Forum List

Back