Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

I understand that what you said has nothing to do with the freedom to wear religious garb in this country. I'll wait until you figure that out.

In case you missed it: freedom of religion applies to all, not just those that meet with your approval.

Unless you're a Christian baker.
You are being silly. Wearing n item of clothing does not affect anybody. Refusing service to minorities does. Stop trying to play the victim card to mask bigotry.

Her wearing that offends me.

It was refusing service. It was exercising religious beliefs. Difference.

Her wearing the Hijab doesn't offend me, as in I'm offended. Her wearing the Hijab is an anti-Western statement, in Western nations we don't wear such apparel, if someone is in a Western nation they adhere to Western customs, including clothing.

If I went to an Islamic nation, they would demand that I covered my hair or else they'd go batshit crazy and start the usual screaming at me.

When in Rome, do as the Romans, why can't Muslims understand this, more importantly why can't Leftists understand this?

The way I see it, wearing a hijab is like wearing a kippah, or head scarf for orthodox Jews, or a turban for Sikhs or a Nun's headcovering. It doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights, it's a part of religious freedom. It's not like a burka or niqab, that hide a person's face or cause issues in certain jobs, or security. I see it as reasonable in a free society.

It offends me.

13882111_826231517513542_4764461914872966627_n.jpg

Another Mohammed speaks truth.

Work on it and see if you can figure out why most do not perceive the Amish as they do Muslims.

I understand things don't come easy to you.

I understand that what you said has nothing to do with the freedom to wear religious garb in this country. I'll wait until you figure that out.

In case you missed it: freedom of religion applies to all, not just those that meet with your approval.

You are being silly. Wearing n item of clothing does not affect anybody. Refusing service to minorities does. Stop trying to play the victim card to mask bigotry.

Her wearing the Hijab doesn't offend me, as in I'm offended. Her wearing the Hijab is an anti-Western statement, in Western nations we don't wear such apparel, if someone is in a Western nation they adhere to Western customs, including clothing.

If I went to an Islamic nation, they would demand that I covered my hair or else they'd go batshit crazy and start the usual screaming at me.

When in Rome, do as the Romans, why can't Muslims understand this, more importantly why can't Leftists understand this?
Its none of your business.Wind yer neck in.

Ibtihaj Muhammad is a Jew hater but that wouldn't bother the Jew hating Left.

Criticizing Israel makes her a Jew hater? :dunno:

I thought we agreed to stay out of each other's posts. It's unfair that I cannot use the 'ignore' option on you otherwise I would have you on ignore. People like you who invent untruths about other members, are beneath contempt imo and even more so because of your position.

The country for those reading is Somalia.

Mohamed Farah, Olympic athlete, born Mogadishu, Somalia.

A Somalian Muslim, who has conflicting loyalties as illustrated below with his parading about with two flags.

oooooooooooooo1.jpg

Mo Farah is not European so his half-marathon best is a 'record for Somalia', says former title holder

Spaniard Fabian Roncero says Somali-born Farah's new European record of 59mins 32secs does not count and he remains the “fastest born in Europe"

Mo Farah has found himself embroiled in another row over his nationality after the Spaniard whose European half-marathon record he broke on Sunday called the feat a “record for Somalia”.

- Snip -

“For me, an athlete who was born in Kenya is Kenyan and one born in Somalia is Somali forever, and that is the opinion of the people with whom I speak,” continued Roncero.

Mo Farah is not European so his half-marathon best is a 'record for Somalia', says former title holder

Its none of your business.Wind yer neck in.

As a woman, the repression of women is my business.

Why are you in this thread? Are you so desperate for my attention darling, because nobody else is responding to you, haven't you noticed?

I think I should stop responding now, I've given you two responses, my attention is demanded elsewhere.

A great face of changing America

In addition to being eighth worldwide, the New Jersey native arrived at the Olympic Games ranked No. 2 in the U.S., yet her greatness goes beyond her athleticism.

Muhammad, who attended Duke on an academic scholarship, was one of Time's 100 Most influential People in 2016. In 2014, she launched her own clothing company called Louella which makes clothing that is both modest and fashion forward.

She is also a sports ambassador for the U.S. State Department's Empowering Women and Girls Through Sport Initiative and travels the world to teach girls the importance of sports and education.

Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home

Ibtihaj Muhammad, the fencer who happens to also be the first American Muslim woman to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab, had strong words for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump about his immigration plans for Muslims.

“I think his words are very dangerous,” Muhammad, who is competing in team sabre competition Monday morning, told CNN last week. “When these types of comments are made, no one thinks about how they really affect people. I’m African American. I don’t have another home to go to. My family was born here. I was born here. I’ve grown up in Jersey. All my family’s from Jersey.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home’

Not to worry. After the beast and zero get done bringing a few million more muslims here, then they will assimilate and become good peaceful citizens and maybe even shuck their murderous habits. Shame on racists who don't want this country to become like parts of sweden and germany.

The country for those reading is Somalia.

Mohamed Farah, Olympic athlete, born Mogadishu, Somalia.

A Somalian Muslim, who has conflicting loyalties as illustrated below with his parading about with two flags.

oooooooooooooo1.jpg

Spaniard Fabian Roncero says Somali-born Farah's new European record of 59mins 32secs does not count and he remains the “fastest born in Europe"

Mo Farah has found himself embroiled in another row over his nationality after the Spaniard whose European half-marathon record he broke on Sunday called the feat a “record for Somalia”.

- Snip -

“For me, an athlete who was born in Kenya is Kenyan and one born in Somalia is Somali forever, and that is the opinion of the people with whom I speak,” continued Roncero.

Nope,he is British, probably the greatest ever British runner. He is a national hero, a CBE and millions follow his exploits on the track.
He has a cockney accent as well.

A muslim call to prayer for all the diversity lovers. If there is a movement to use it to replace the star spangled banner, then today's democrats would certainly be for it. Maybe it should be played before the upcoming debates? Can't make the muzzies angry and all that.

A muslim call to prayer for all the diversity lovers. If there is a movement to use it to replace the star spangled banner, then today's democrats would certainly be for it. Maybe it should be played before the upcoming debates? Can't make the muzzies angry and all that.

Why not make a big effort not to be a total prick ? Your post is off topic and offensive.

Ibtihaj Muhammad is a Jew hater but that wouldn't bother the Jew hating Left.

Criticizing Israel makes her a Jew hater? :dunno:

I thought we agreed to stay out of each other's posts. It's unfair that I cannot use the 'ignore' option on you otherwise I would have you on ignore. People like you who invent untruths about other members, are beneath contempt imo and even more so because of your position.

People who invent untruths about other members and then whine about it being done to them are laughable.

People who invent untruths about other members and then whine about it being done to them are laughable.

Ok, let's see these untruths you claim I invented. And I don't whine about anything, twit.

She lost....bye
So what part of her don't you like the most, the fact that she is African American, or the fact that she is a Muslim?
Or that's she's female...or an American....?

Why is she in the Hijab? The Hijab isn't a part of any form of American cultural life.

It is not part of the life of any self respecting normal woman.

This is exactly the point I've been making throughout much of this thread.

How any woman can defend a woman wearing a Hijab is incomprehensible.

She lost....bye
So what part of her don't you like the most, the fact that she is African American, or the fact that she is a Muslim?

Why is she in the Hijab? The Hijab isn't a part of any form of American cultural life.

How is it any different than an orthodox Jewish woman wearing a headscarf out of religious modesty, or a Jewish man wearing a kippah? Unlike some Middle Eastern countries, we allow women the freedom to choose what to wear or not wear and how to choose how they want to express their religious values. I defend that choice and that freedom very strongly. It may not be my choice, but then I'm pretty irreligious :)

She lost....bye

The hijab is actually pretty anti American. It's anti woman and that's not how we roll.

Of course the Hijab is anti-woman, all Western nations, including America, women have been free and independent for a very long time. As has been stated the Hijab is a symbol of female repression, so the Leftists are supporting what, taking women backwards to a time of bondage?

Nobody gives a shit about somebody wearing a hijab while competing.
Nobody gives a shit about a loser.

How is it any different than an orthodox Jewish woman wearing a headscarf out of religious modesty, or a Jewish man wearing a kippah? Unlike some Middle Eastern countries, we allow women the freedom to choose what to wear or not wear and how to choose how they want to express their religious values. I defend that choice and that freedom very strongly. It may not be my choice, but then I'm pretty irreligious :)

"How is it any different than an orthodox Jewish woman wearing a headscarf out of religious modesty, or a Jewish man wearing a kippah?"

I already responded to this, my post # 300

"Unlike some Middle Eastern countries, we allow women the freedom to choose what to wear or not wear and how to choose how they want to express their religious values."

Sport isn't a realm where religious values should be expressed. Why is this woman bringing her religious values into sporting events?

"I defend that choice and that freedom very strongly. It may not be my choice, but then I'm pretty irreligious :)"

Yes I know and you know I have no problem with that, we disagree about this stuff, and that's okay, it's okay to agree to disagree :smile:

Forum List

Back