Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

I understand that what you said has nothing to do with the freedom to wear religious garb in this country. I'll wait until you figure that out.

In case you missed it: freedom of religion applies to all, not just those that meet with your approval.

Unless you're a Christian baker.
You are being silly. Wearing n item of clothing does not affect anybody. Refusing service to minorities does. Stop trying to play the victim card to mask bigotry.

Her wearing that offends me.

It was refusing service. It was exercising religious beliefs. Difference.

Her wearing the Hijab doesn't offend me, as in I'm offended. Her wearing the Hijab is an anti-Western statement, in Western nations we don't wear such apparel, if someone is in a Western nation they adhere to Western customs, including clothing.

If I went to an Islamic nation, they would demand that I covered my hair or else they'd go batshit crazy and start the usual screaming at me.

When in Rome, do as the Romans, why can't Muslims understand this, more importantly why can't Leftists understand this?

The way I see it, wearing a hijab is like wearing a kippah, or head scarf for orthodox Jews, or a turban for Sikhs or a Nun's headcovering. It doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights, it's a part of religious freedom. It's not like a burka or niqab, that hide a person's face or cause issues in certain jobs, or security. I see it as reasonable in a free society.
Except it isn't about freedom. It's about oppression holy fk are you stupid

You are being silly. Wearing n item of clothing does not affect anybody. Refusing service to minorities does. Stop trying to play the victim card to mask bigotry.

Her wearing the Hijab doesn't offend me, as in I'm offended. Her wearing the Hijab is an anti-Western statement, in Western nations we don't wear such apparel, if someone is in a Western nation they adhere to Western customs, including clothing.

If I went to an Islamic nation, they would demand that I covered my hair or else they'd go batshit crazy and start the usual screaming at me.

When in Rome, do as the Romans, why can't Muslims understand this, more importantly why can't Leftists understand this?

The way I see it, wearing a hijab is like wearing a kippah, or head scarf for orthodox Jews, or a turban for Sikhs or a Nun's headcovering. It doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights, it's a part of religious freedom. It's not like a burka or niqab, that hide a person's face or cause issues in certain jobs, or security. I see it as reasonable in a free society.

Are any of those other examples you give illustrating a partition between males and females in society?

The Hijab in Islam, the women must wear the Hijab outdoors in the presence of adult males outside of their immediate family, so when at home, they don't have to wear the Hijab, but in the presence of all males not in their family, they must wear it.

How is this pro-women, when the Hijab effectively is used by Muslim men to control the female members of their family?

How is this also religious freedom and reasonable in a free society?
Also Christian women aren't required to wear nuns habits, so that comparison is absurd - a stupid false equivalency and straw man. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if Christian women went around dressed as nuns? Also, a tiny percentage of Christian women CHOOSE to become nuns and wear the habit. Christian women are not obliged to dress as a nun outside of their home, or in the presence of men not related to them, and some don't even wear the habit.

Lol. So true on both counts :thup:

Are any of those other examples you give illustrating a partition between males and females in society?

The Hijab in Islam, the women must wear the Hijab outdoors in the presence of adult males outside of their immediate family, so when at home, they don't have to wear the Hijab, but in the presence of all males not in their family, they must wear it.

How is this pro-women, when the Hijab effectively is used by Muslim men to control the female members of their family?

Also Christian women aren't required to wear nuns habits, so that comparison is absurd - a stupid false equivalency and straw man. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if Christian women went around dressed as nuns? Also, a tiny percentage of Christian women CHOOSE to become nuns and wear the habit. Christian women are not obliged to dress as a nun outside of their home, or in the presence of men not related to them, and some don't even wear the habit.

"Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if Christian women went around dressed as nuns?"

Well, there's nuns.

9e71ebd93bd1f859e196d88de9695240.jpg

And then there's nuns.

nuns-with-guns.jpg

10_examples_of_nuns_behaving_badly_1.jpg

"Christian women are not obliged to dress as a nun outside of their home,"

But some dress as a nun inside of their home....just like some dress up as nurses inside their home, all depends what the fetish is. That's for a different sort of thread though.

"or in the presence of men not related to them,"

Um, no comment.

"and some don't even wear the habit."

What, naked nuns? Uh-oh, um, no, better not respond, so no comment.

So are headscarves for orthodox Jewish women oppressive? How about Mennonite and Amish Kapps, or kippahs for Jewsih men? Maybe you should ask American muslim women who CHOOSE to wear them if they feel "oppressed" - while you're at it, talk to some Jews and Mennonites.

So are headscarves for orthodox Jewish women oppressive? How about Mennonite and Amish Kapps, or kippahs for Jewsih men? Maybe you should ask American muslim women who CHOOSE to wear them if they feel "oppressed" - while you're at it, talk to some Jews and Mennonites.
No one is arguing with your right to wear dirty underwear -especially if it for religious purposes, but most of us would prefer it if you didn't do it when representing our country. The least you could do is wear it on the inside.

No one is arguing with your right to wear dirty underwear -especially if it for religious purposes, but most of us would prefer it if you didn't do it when representing our country. The least you could do is wear it on the inside.

"No one is arguing with your right to wear dirty underwear"

People who don't change their underwear should just be taken out and shot, this is a completely unacceptable situation and should be met with a Zero Tolerance approach.

No one is talking about dirty underwear. Except you. No one is wearing dirty underwear on the outside either. Except maybe you.

What do people wear when representing us? Looking at pictures of our swim teams, some wear different caps, some have extensive distracting tatoos...funny how that doesn't bother you when they're representing our country.

"No one is arguing with your right to wear dirty underwear"

People who don't change their underwear should just be taken out and shot, this is a completely unacceptable situation and should be met with a Zero Tolerance approach.

Now you made me spew orangina out my nose :lmao:

Islam has no business on free soil. That's a given because Islam hates freedom. They even have a name for it - fitna. So why is Islam ON our free soil? To destroy freedom of course. Duh!

"Christian women are not obliged to dress as a nun outside of their home,"

But some dress as a nun inside of their home....just like some dress up as nurses inside their home, all depends what the fetish is. That's for a different sort of thread though.

"or in the presence of men not related to them,"

Um, no comment.

"and some don't even wear the habit."

What, naked nuns? Uh-oh, um, no, better not respond, so no comment.
Now you made me spew orangina out my nose :lmao:
Did you get it all over your burka?

No, just on your dirty underwear.

No one is talking about dirty underwear. Except you. No one is wearing dirty underwear on the outside either. Except maybe you.

What do people wear when representing us? Looking at pictures of our swim teams, some wear different caps, some have extensive distracting tatoos...funny how that doesn't bother you when they're representing our country.

"No one is talking about dirty underwear. Except you. No one is wearing dirty underwear on the outside either."

I'm also confused, how this got onto the unsavoury subject of dirty underwear.

Hey Meathead can you explain this?

"No one is talking about dirty underwear. Except you. No one is wearing dirty underwear on the outside either."

Meathead seems to equate religious symbols and clothing with dirty underwear :dunno:

Islam has no business on free soil. That's a given because Islam hates freedom. They even have a name for it - fitna. So why is Islam ON our free soil? To destroy freedom of course. Duh!
If that is their job, they are not doing a very good job...

Meathead seems to equate religious symbols and clothing with dirty underwear :dunno:
They couldn't understand Mitten's magical Mormon underwear either....

What of "thugstyle"? Some would admire a thug who dressed like that in the Olympics.

This is the dirty underwear? :confused-84:

It's hard enough for an athlete to perform at such a huge spectacle like the Olympics with all the hype and anticipation of execution of skills and opponents from around the world.....But to add to the pressure with petty, insignificant bull shit about her uniform is unnecessary..The games are suppose to be about athletic abilities and not political or social strife..

Forum List

Back