Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

"No one is talking about dirty underwear. Except you. No one is wearing dirty underwear on the outside either."

I'm also confused, how this got onto the unsavoury subject of dirty underwear.

Hey Meathead can you explain this?
What of "thugstyle"? Some would admire a thug who dressed like that in the Olympics.

This is the dirty underwear? :confused-84:

It's the style where young men where their pants hanging halfway down their bottoms....again, equating religious symbols with dirty underwear and thugs....:dunno:

It's hard enough for an athlete to perform at such a huge spectacle like the Olympics with all the hype and anticipation of execution of skills and opponents from around the world.....But to add to the pressure with petty, insignificant bull shit about her uniform is unnecessary..The games are suppose to be about athletic abilities and not political or social strife..
Her "uniform" was not uniform. Sound out the word and you might get it.

"Uniform" my ass.

It's hard enough for an athlete to perform at such a huge spectacle like the Olympics with all the hype and anticipation of execution of skills and opponents from around the world.....But to add to the pressure with petty, insignificant bull shit about her uniform is unnecessary..The games are suppose to be about athletic abilities and not political or social strife..

"Uniform" my ass.
You use your ass as a model to design uniforms?

"Uniform" my ass.
Have you figured out what a "uniform" is?

Coyote's already here, so let's not overload on dingbat post and ffs, wear your underwear on the inside!

"Uniform" my ass.
Have you figured out what a "uniform" is?

Coyote's already here, so let's not overload on dingbat post and ffs, wear your underwear on the inside!
Why waste money on underwear?

A great face of changing America

In addition to being eighth worldwide, the New Jersey native arrived at the Olympic Games ranked No. 2 in the U.S., yet her greatness goes beyond her athleticism.

Muhammad, who attended Duke on an academic scholarship, was one of Time's 100 Most influential People in 2016. In 2014, she launched her own clothing company called Louella which makes clothing that is both modest and fashion forward.

She is also a sports ambassador for the U.S. State Department's Empowering Women and Girls Through Sport Initiative and travels the world to teach girls the importance of sports and education.

Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home

Ibtihaj Muhammad, the fencer who happens to also be the first American Muslim woman to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab, had strong words for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump about his immigration plans for Muslims.

“I think his words are very dangerous,” Muhammad, who is competing in team sabre competition Monday morning, told CNN last week. “When these types of comments are made, no one thinks about how they really affect people. I’m African American. I don’t have another home to go to. My family was born here. I was born here. I’ve grown up in Jersey. All my family’s from Jersey.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home’

Thats great for her , maybe the Left can make the Hijab the next American flag, it wont be as offensive to you as the current one. To many ex muslims who escaped to the west, the hijab is seen as an oppressive symbol, just as some people see the confederate flag a symbol of oppression. Tolerance of freedom of expression isn't equal with you people on the far left though. Its very strange the things you choose to celebrate.

secondly she's way off base, whats dangerous is letting fake refugees into your country who despise your way of life to begin with and want to kill people. Expressing concern for your citizens safety which is the primary job of an elected official, is not dangerous in comparison to sticking your head in the sand. Why is it that some muslim citizens are more concerned about their feelings than they are about innocent people getting butchered or raped?
Seems quite selfish to me

Except she is there as an American representative and not Muslims. It is a symbolic gesture of submission and oppression, which the US is bot a part of. She should respect American culture with that invitation.

If this becomes a trend, I, for one, will quit watching women's beach volleyball!

Yes it is, but she chose to use it as a platform for politics, the hijab and trashing America.
Since she went down that road, it's a pity she didn't use her platform to instead address the very real plight of her sisters - Muslim women who are horribly oppressed and abused in Saudi, Iran, Pakistan, and all the other Muslim dominated countries around the globe.
But nope, she thought it best to totally ignore the real oppression of these women, wear her hijab in support (lol), complain she doesn't 'feel safe' in America (even though 60% of religiously motivated crimes are against Jews, then Christians, and then Islam right at the bottom).
And when asked about Islamic terrorism? It's just a 'misunderstanding'.
Anyone who doesn't get a whiff of the Islamic agenda here must be wilfully deaf, dumb and blind.

Yes it is, but she chose to use it as a platform for politics, the hijab and trashing America.

You know all this stuff won't matter a fig if Clinton is elected. All our efforts to wake up America to the threat of Islam, will have been a waste of time. We'll be just another European country on the road to ruin.

Since she went down that road, it's a pity she didn't use her platform to instead address the very real plight of her sisters - Muslim women who are horribly oppressed and abused in Saudi, Iran, Pakistan, and all the other Muslim dominated countries around the globe.
But nope, she thought it best to totally ignore the real oppression of these women, wear her hijab in support (lol), complain she doesn't 'feel safe' in America (even though 60% of religiously motivated crimes are against Jews, then Christians, and then Islam right at the bottom).
Anyone who doesn't get a whiff of the Islamic agenda here must be wilfully deaf, dumb and blind.
Its her America and she can say what she likes. Your twisting of what she said says more about your sick agenda than it does about her.

Its her America and she can say what she likes. Your twisting of what she said says more about your sick agenda than it does about her.

What she says matters when you are representing the nation. Just like what you say matters when you work for someone.

You don't have to twist anything of what she said .... It's all pretty disgusting. Just more pro Palestine cry baby nonsense. They won't get nor deserve any respect until they start choosing non terrorists as leaders.

Reminds me of the Olympic Games of 1968:

ophr_carlossmith_500px.png

No it's our America

A great face of changing America

In addition to being eighth worldwide, the New Jersey native arrived at the Olympic Games ranked No. 2 in the U.S., yet her greatness goes beyond her athleticism.

Muhammad, who attended Duke on an academic scholarship, was one of Time's 100 Most influential People in 2016. In 2014, she launched her own clothing company called Louella which makes clothing that is both modest and fashion forward.

She is also a sports ambassador for the U.S. State Department's Empowering Women and Girls Through Sport Initiative and travels the world to teach girls the importance of sports and education.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home

Ibtihaj Muhammad, the fencer who happens to also be the first American Muslim woman to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab, had strong words for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump about his immigration plans for Muslims.

“I think his words are very dangerous,” Muhammad, who is competing in team sabre competition Monday morning, told CNN last week. “When these types of comments are made, no one thinks about how they really affect people. I’m African American. I don’t have another home to go to. My family was born here. I was born here. I’ve grown up in Jersey. All my family’s from Jersey.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home’

1. So what? My grandmother delivered meals on wheels with a scarf. So what?
2. Who cares? Did she win anything? No? So who cares?
3. What does anything about this have to do with Trump?
4. DO YOU EVER POST ANYTHING WITH AN ACTUAL POINT WORTH READING?!?
Just wondering because the pattern thus far isn't good.

You don't own a country. If you doubt that, then come here, demand to follow your own laws, and enjoy a nice prison.

Where people like you think you somehow have a "right" to the country is beyond me.

There are Muslims that wish to impose Sharia law in England. Many of them are British citizens. It's their country. Ready to start cutting of homosexual heads?

It's their country.... right? Right Tommy? It's their country, and they want Sharia law. It's their right........ Isn't that so Tommy? Tell me, Tommy... I want you to say it.

Forum List

Back