Muslim threats force out disabled teacher with dog

why is it you do not protest as loudly over polygamist's right to marriage? if there are other liberals like you and jillian out there, why the overwhelming silence on their rights and the overwhelming voice for gay marriage?

I can't recall a single statement that i've ever made suggesting that adult polygamists shouldn't have the same prerogative as any other consenting adult. In fact, I don't recall seeing anyone else on the list of local libs suggesting such either. ADULT being the key word. Show me a pocket of polygamists that don't depend on kids to get into heaven and I'll show you how supportive I am of their right to be married.

I think it's a selfish choice for gay parents to adopt a child because they "want" a child, knowing the difficulties the child is going to suffer because of it.

Unlike John Wayne Gacy, Ed Kempler, Jeffrey Dahlmer, the Menedez Brothers, yadda, yadda, yadda who had hetrosexual parents. Yeah, the sexual orientation of the parents sure does have a bearing on the suffering a child has when they are growing up and how they end up...

Vacuous, vacuous, vacuous...

I can't recall a single statement that i've ever made suggesting that adult polygamists shouldn't have the same prerogative as any other consenting adult. In fact, I don't recall seeing anyone else on the list of local libs suggesting such either. ADULT being the key word. Show me a pocket of polygamists that don't depend on kids to get into heaven and I'll show you how supportive I am of their right to be married.

i said you do not support their right as vocally or passionately as you do gay rights.

your bias is clear by your last sentence, its all i needed to prove that you are simply biased and that is your right. but don't act like you champion others rights when you fact truly do not. what is it to you if that is their belief? nothing of course, it does not effect you, but you are biased against it for a silly reason.

Unlike John Wayne Gacy, Ed Kempler, Jeffrey Dahlmer, the Menedez Brothers, yadda, yadda, yadda who had hetrosexual parents. Yeah, the sexual orientation of the parents sure does have a bearing on the suffering a child has when they are growing up and how they end up...

Vacuous, vacuous, vacuous...

Yes, that post certainly was.
I don't recall ever saying the children of gay parents turned into monsters. I said the parents who choose to raise kids in a gay household are selfish, if they believe those kids will be subjected to all sorts of harassment throughout their lives. Are you hitting the crack pipe again?

I don't recall ever saying the children of gay parents turned into monsters. I said the parents who choose to raise kids in a gay household are selfish, if they believe those kids will be subjected to all sorts of harassment throughout their lives. Are you hitting the crack pipe again?

You might want to rethink your argument. You are basically blaming the gay parents for others abusing them. What do you do for an encore, tell victims of rape it's their fault? Others intolerance is not the fault of the parents, it is the fault of those that are intolerant. If we all scurried into our little holes to appease the bullies and bigots of this world we'd be living in a conservative Utopia. You'd just love that wouldn't you Tubs...

Don't be more of an idiot than we already know you are. I'm not "blaming" gay parents for the fact that the world abuses them. I'm saying that when they choose to adopt a child into their family, knowing that the child will suffer because of their choice to be openly gay, they are exposing that child to harm. And that's a selfish choice.

I'm not blaming them that the world reacts that way. I just don't understand why, if they feel the hatred so, they would subject their children to it if they had a choice not to.

Saying I "blame" them for the way the world reacts is just reactionary poppycock. It's the same as saying I'd "blame" parents whose children was eaten by a lion for the fact that the lion eats children. I don't think it's the parents' fault that the lion eats meat. But if the parents chose to EXPOSE their children to a lion so they could get a good picture of it, then I'd say they were irresponsible and selfish. But it's not their fault that the lion eats meat.

Don't be more of an idiot than we already know you are. I'm not "blaming" gay parents for the fact that the world abuses them. I'm saying that when they choose to adopt a child into their family, knowing that the child will suffer because of their choice to be openly gay, they are exposing that child to harm. And that's a selfish choice.

I'm not blaming them that the world reacts that way. I just don't understand why, if they feel the hatred so, they would subject their children to it if they had a choice not to.

Saying I "blame" them for the way the world reacts is just reactionary poppycock. It's the same as saying I'd "blame" parents whose children was eaten by a lion for the fact that the lion eats children. I don't think it's the parents' fault that the lion eats meat. But if the parents chose to EXPOSE their children to a lion so they could get a good picture of it, then I'd say they were irresponsible and selfish. But it's not their fault that the lion eats meat.

Reread your post Dimbo. The lion shits, eats, sleeps and fucks. That's its life. Humans have much more complex emotions. IOW, your argument is a strawman. Bigots have a choice as to whether to make life hard to children of gay parents. Note it is not the parents or the child that are causing the grief. I also note that you haven't once yet blamed the bigots and taken them to task. Your own intolerance is showing...in spades..

And you, like Ravir, think it's okay to expose your kids to ridicule, harm, and danger to make a point?

I've seen men who will parade their little kids past big dogs they don't know, and when I said, "Hey, don't walk that baby past the dog, you don't know what it might do," their reaction has been, "If it bites my kid, I'll kill it."

Yeah? So what? The kid is still dead or maimed, jackass. The difference between me and sanctimonious utopians such as yourself is I'm not willing to let my kid suffer so I can then turn on the assholes who I know from the beginning are going to cause him pain and say, "Gosh you're really bad! Look at all the pain you've made my baby suffer!" Yeah, we all know the 10 year old kids who make fun of 10 year old kids with gay parents are really horrible and should be put in stocks for the rest of their lives, and their parents should be put on a pillory and horsewhipped. Meanwhile, the kids with gay parents are still getting rocks thrown at them. But that's okay, because those guys shouldn't be doing it. So go ahead and throw him in there with the lions because it SHOULDN'T be like that. Who cares if he suffers if it makes a point?

How is this any different than someone arguing in 1960 that bi-racial couples were selfish for having children, as the children would likely suffer harm in a bigoted society? Was it the parents' fault then?

And you, like Ravir, think it's okay to expose your kids to ridicule, harm, and danger to make a point?

Bi-racial children were (and sometimes continue to be) subjected to ridicule, harm and danger. So? You don't feel it is more reasonable to blame the bigots rather than the parents in this case?

You might want to rethink your argument. You are basically blaming the gay parents for others abusing them. What do you do for an encore, tell victims of rape it's their fault?

Actually, she does think they have some responsibility for their predicament.

Others intolerance is not the fault of the parents, it is the fault of those that are intolerant. If we all scurried into our little holes to appease the bullies and bigots of this world we'd be living in a conservative Utopia. You'd just love that wouldn't you Tubs...

I think if she thinks that gay parents make the world a worse place for their kids, she should work in her community to encourage tolerance so morons WON'T abuse children.

Gosh, why don't you use that thinking and apply it now to the abortion issue, where the accepted theory is that the kids are killed to prevent them from being subjected to the unpleasantness of life in less than ideal circumstances?

If it's ok to kill kids to keep them from suffering, why is it not okay to just say no when it comes to adopting children into a situation which everyone says is rife with hatred, anxiety, and fear?

Oh, I forgot. Because you don't care if the kids suffer or not.

Gosh, why don't you use that thinking and apply it now to the abortion issue, where the accepted theory is that the kids are killed to prevent them from being subjected to the unpleasantness of life in less than ideal circumstances?

That is not the reason most pro-choice advocates think abortion should be legal. Quit ducking the issue. There are questions on the table (that Larkin, Ravir and I have each raised).

I don't think that the FLDS is a fake religion at all. Hell, it follows the exact same budding routine that christianity did when rising out of judeism. The only difference between religion and cult is the size of the congregation.

However...

islam, buddhist, mormon, christian, atheist, santaria, whatever. If the premise of your faith relies upon sexually abusing kids then the state should intervene.

I've also heard it said that the only difference between a religion and a cult is 2,000 years.

would love a poll on how many, who support gay marriage/adoption, believe in evolution....:rofl:

...Who cares if he suffers if it makes a point?

i'm having a bit of trouble with this whole notion that somehow gay couples decide to raise children only "to make a point"???

as someone else pointed out, all sorts of parents may have some selfish reasons for having children, but we must remember that ultimately parenthood is a big responsibility and a very difficult job for all parents. in any case, providing a loving home and a nurturing environment where children can grow and learn is not a selfish act.

But Allie, if you stop harassing them they won't suffer.

:cuckoo:

and evolution will survive with gay ONLY marriage/adoption? don't you need them, what are they called, them, you know bigots, hmmm, hetros to get evolution done....

Why would there be gay-only marriages? Hetros far outweigh gays. If you are trying to take the argument to the nth degree, it fails miserably. For that to happen there would only be gays in the world. There aren't, so it is a non-argument from the start.....and since when are all hetros bigotted against gays? I'm married with kids and I like all sorts of people, including gays.

Forum List

Back