my American-ized soul is having trouble accepting some of Marcel Lefebvre's ideas. But I'm doing so

I read this story in the news once

a woman said God told her to throw her kid down the stairs..

so much for the Holy Spirit telling you something.

That said, there is such a thing as the HS telling you something. I am not saying that doesn't happen.. it happens w/ me... we have to learn how to listen to the HS and then comply even when you think you know better .

so yeh... The Church also... or used to.. listen to the HS (up until Vatican II but Vat II is not dogmatic so to hell w/ Vat II). THe Church has gotten dogma all figured out, for the most part... Some explaining to non-Catholics is in order.. or non-catechized Catholics but the writings of the popes and the Magesterium are there to be read and we lose when we do not listen to them.

The Catholic Church has always condemned communism, for example. One pope called it the worst slavery known to man.. But here we are heading for communism in the good old USA... No one listens to the good popes.. most people just keep whining and bitching about the bad ones... Forget the bad ones... just as we need to forget (more/less) about he bad/lying/corrupt/greedy politicians... and replace them with... Catholics (real ones) or at least people who try to take the Bible seriously
Why do you believe Catholics are the only real Christians?

I'm not Catholic. If the Pope wants to pray for me, I'll be grateful, but God doesn't listen to a Pope any more or less than he does to me.

sorry, but i don't feel i have much patience for the daveman... guess i've had my quota (in life) of people who refuse to listen and just wnat to hear themselves talk bc they think they are all- wise and I... I am not... no Catholic possibly could be, in fact, according to them.

yeh, amazingly, that gets a bit tiresome..

then there's all that malicious ad hominizing... tiresome

so ironic... Protestants know ZIP (most of them) about Catholicism.. but they get on a forum and talk to Catholics like THEY (the Catholics) are the ones who know nothing about it...

strange stuff

i have a better Q

why do you always put words in my mouth?

Yes, it is true there is only ONE Church, therefore it stands to reason that t hose on the outside are not fully Christian... I never said they were not "real" Christians (meaning: not in any way whatsoever()

I'm not Catholic. If the Pope wants to pray for me, I'll be grateful, but God doesn't listen to a Pope any more or less than he does to me.
But he does have that kick-ass Popemobile.

daveman is correct. I don't want the catholic church to burn me at the stake for not adhering to the tenants of the catholic church. That is one of the biggest reasons we have a separation of church and state today.

daveman is correct. I don't want the catholic church to burn me at the stake for not adhering to the tenants of the catholic church. That is one of the biggest reasons we have a separation of church and state today.
i see you have imbibed all the fake history

Protestants burned people at the stake.. and bad Catholics probably did.

True Catholics have always believed that human life is sacred from cradle to grave..

I don't know if the RCC was always against capital punishment but it is now, more or less...

This is what you can expect when you give churches political authority to enforce their doctrines upon everyone.

Last edited:

This is what you can expect when you give churches political authority to enforce their doctrines upon everyone.

look at an aborted child

and think:

This is what you get when people hate religion and as the Word says

"...will not have this Man rule over us"

+

sorry, but i don't feel i have much patience for the daveman... guess i've had my quota (in life) of people who refuse to listen and just wnat to hear themselves talk bc they think they are all- wise and I... I am not... no Catholic possibly could be, in fact, according to them.

yeh, amazingly, that gets a bit tiresome..

then there's all that malicious ad hominizing... tiresome

so ironic... Protestants know ZIP (most of them) about Catholicism.. but they get on a forum and talk to Catholics like THEY (the Catholics) are the ones who know nothing about it...

strange stuff
I did listen. I disagreed with what you said, and I told you why.

Too many people believe everyone would agree with what they say if "they'd just listen".

I listened. I think you're wrong.

i have a better Q

why do you always put words in my mouth?

Yes, it is true there is only ONE Church, therefore it stands to reason that t hose on the outside are not fully Christian... I never said they were not "real" Christians (meaning: not in any way whatsoever()
If one believes Christ is the Messiah, and has accepted Him as Savior, they're fully Christian.

End of story.

There is wickedness in the world and we must fight against it. But that does not mean that we should give authority to the churches to force their doctrines down our throats or be tortured. We should vote out of office those who support such things as abortion and other immoralities. We should contest against their wanting such things as laws. Surely we don't want evil to control our laws and ways of life but the answer is not to give churches unwarranted authority. We need to do a better job at teaching the difference between right and wrong and to keep those who side with the wicked out of office.

I don't think that a separation of church and state means that righteous believers in God and his ways should be kept from voting or influencing good laws and speaking about their desire for an ethical lifestyle. But giving a church absolute control to inflict punishment for not adhering to the tenants of their faith is way over the top as history has proven.

If one believes Christ is the Messiah, and has accepted Him as Savior, they're fully Christian.

End of story.
right.

There was a serial killer some years ago... not sure if it was the Green River killer or... it was the one who could have been on the Green Bay Packers (Whitefield? something like that) but I guess murdering people appealed to him more. In any case, he was a "born again Christian"

but I'm sure God can overlook serial murder... without even requiring repentance or expiation .. yep, "fully Christian"

and I'm sure he will go straight to Heaven when he dies.

There is wickedness in the world and we must fight against it. But that does not mean that we should give authority to the churches to force their doctrines down our throats or be tortured.
if you are saying that I said that

I will put you on Ignore...

Jesus, during His sojourn on Earth, went around to the Roman authorities, telling them that He should have a say in the types of laws they should enact, didn't He?

I not. Jesus is a Jew, Mary is a Jew, Joseph is a Jew ... So where from comes you absurde idea Catholics think we are the only real Christians? Because the ox and the donkey had been Catholics?

By the way: We often wish we could be a wide ocean of wisdom to give the light of the Jew-el god an adequate frame ... but in the end: who is more than a nutshell in an universe full of His inspiring light?

Last edited:

End of story.

You forgot the word "neverending". What is the "End of the neverending story"?

Aufkleber-Prinzessinn-Kr%C3%B6nchen-richten.jpg

It's a very stupid and primitive video. I watched only the absurde beginning and I'm sure it explains nothing in context of this complex problems of the past. It's now very clear - since a long time - that the Holy Catholic Church is against all forms of torture; also against this forms of torture - like water bonding for example - which had been proclaimed to be right from highest authorities within the US-American society. Torture is obsolet. To do so based always only on very heavy mistakes.

PS: (By the way: I took again a short look into this absurde video and the "Iron maiden" for example never was used in the middle ages. As far as I know it never was used at all - it was invented for tourists in the 19th century - specially for tourists from England who loved such stories. In the 19th century also torture chambers were made for tourists which never had really existed in the middle ages.)

Last edited:
right.

There was a serial killer some years ago... not sure if it was the Green River killer or... it was the one who could have been on the Green Bay Packers (Whitefield? something like that) but I guess murdering people appealed to him more. In any case, he was a "born again Christian"

but I'm sure God can overlook serial murder... without even requiring repentance or expiation .. yep, "fully Christian"

and I'm sure he will go straight to Heaven when he dies.

Turn the "question" and make it real: If this killer - who should be hated from everyone who has moral in your view to the world - will one day open the door of heaven for you - will you enter or will you prefer to go on your own free will to hell?

Forum List

Back