My encounter with a census workers

i was talking to my crew leader and he said some of the people he worked with in the last census were *questionable*. i think pixie just needed to vent about the experience and is also stressed due to her sister's illness. most of the people i've visited have been polite and some have been very nice. even a couple who said they'd already mailed it in cooperated and answered the questions. i've yet to have anyone tell me they flat out won't do it, and if they did, i'd just write it down and move on. it's been pretty much fun so far.

Great assessment. Good attitude.

do i get a cookie now?

i loves me some cookies :D

And show us where you are being forced to do something more....and what exactly IS that "something more"?

Yeah, I am curious about that as well. If aspects of the census were unconstitutional, why weren't they challenged.

The "constitutional fiat" thing that some people grant themselves is a little bit obnoxious.

i was talking to my crew leader and he said some of the people he worked with in the last census were *questionable*. i think pixie just needed to vent about the experience and is also stressed due to her sister's illness. most of the people i've visited have been polite and some have been very nice. even a couple who said they'd already mailed it in cooperated and answered the questions. i've yet to have anyone tell me they flat out won't do it, and if they did, i'd just write it down and move on. it's been pretty much fun so far.

I think you are right about Pixie.

You probably missed it, but I made post on here about having to deal with a census worker who came to our door. We mailed ours in. It wasn't a big deal. We asked him to double check the paperwork and he figured out it was our downstairs neighbors (we share the same address) that he needed to talk to.

Pretty routine day-to-day stuff there. Not some big political event or conspiracy.

Yeah, I am curious about that as well. If aspects of the census were unconstitutional, why weren't they challenged.

The "constitutional fiat" thing that some people grant themselves is a little bit obnoxious.

You probably missed it, but I made post on here about having to deal with a census worker who came to our door. We mailed ours in. It wasn't a big deal. We asked him to double check the paperwork and he figured out it was our downstairs neighbors (we share the same address) that he needed to talk to.

Pretty routine day-to-day stuff there. Not some big political event or conspiracy.

it really is pretty routine stuff. i spent about 45 minutes talking to an old timer who knew everybody in the neighborhood, their kids, hobbies, pets, you name it. it was really fun talking to the guy and he actually had some info i could use to complete a couple of questionnaires. i keep waiting to meet someone who's all upset about this, but mostly i'm finding absent minded people. :lol:

it really is pretty routine stuff. i spent about 45 minutes talking to an old timer who knew everybody in the neighborhood, their kids, hobbies, pets, you name it. it was really fun talking to the guy and he actually had some info i could use to complete a couple of questionnaires. i keep waiting to meet someone who's all upset about this, but mostly i'm finding absent minded people. :lol:

You know, I think that message boards generally serve to amplify political sentiment that probably isn't there.

I think most people just forgot to mail the thing in, though I don't get why some people get so worked up over the manner.

I was only slightly annoyed by our census worker, because you have that momentary sense of injustice for being hassled even after doing the right thing. However, there was no need to be rude to him, and once we figured out the mistake, it was pretty obvious and one I could see myself making.

Not a big deal in the least.

do i get a cookie now?

I gave the census worker that stopped by my house some cookies. And milk. He told me he was grateful because most of my neighbors sicced their dogs on him (my neighborhood is a little *ahem* uptight). :thup:

...She did not identify herself.....

So how do you know she was actually a census worker?

Good Point, I'm sure a lot of con artists would use this to get into people's homes.

But, if she DOES work for the Census, than Pixie does need to lodge a complaint.

But also Pixie, keep in mind not everyone who works for the Census is rude like that lady. They hire people from all walks of life, just like any other job out there.

It is an intrusion on liberty and privacy. I think the Bill of Rights covers this.

It's not the notion of the census at all that has many of us being vocal.

It is the attempt to change the seat of responsibility of a census reporting and the additional questions on the form. Most of us answered what we are bound by the Constitution to do and nothing more.

most of the questions on the form are over a hundred years old with the most recent ones being about forty years old.
And I've always only answered two.

fine by me- i didn't fill out ours, my wife did. i'd probably lie about the racial stuff, i've always wanted to be guamanian.

Milking the clock, typical government worker. :lol:

do i get a cookie now?

I gave the census worker that stopped by my house some cookies. And milk. He told me he was grateful because most of my neighbors sicced their dogs on him (my neighborhood is a little *ahem* uptight). :thup:

prolly because you haven't fixed your damn driveway...

Hey ... pea gravel is a sic driveway ....:eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: del

prolly because you haven't fixed your damn driveway...

Hey ... pea gravel is a sic driveway ....:eusa_whistle:
You better not pee on my gravel. Go next door where the pit bulls live. :)

most of the questions on the form are over a hundred years old with the most recent ones being about forty years old.
And I've always only answered two.

fine by me- i didn't fill out ours, my wife did. i'd probably lie about the racial stuff, i've always wanted to be guamanian.

Yeah, mine too.

Lord knows what information she gave them about me to facilitate her attempts to run off with the mailman. I'll probably end up in one of Terral's FEMA detention camps soon.

In all seriousness, thanks for what you do. A valuable community service.

Last edited:

do i get a cookie now?

So now the dogs can chase a census worker who smells and tastes like cookies and milk. You were trying to be nice right? :lol:

Forum List

Back