My encounter with a census workers

Can someone please explain what the OP meant by a "red coat"?
It means traitor. You know, like all government employees are to "conservatives".

except when they need government workers, like the people who send out their government checks, cops and firemen and military personnel and others....

Hypocrite%20Fish%20%289954%29.jpg

Possibly was a census worker, possibly was a scammer. But, as Mudwhistle pointed out, most scammers use charm rather than alienation. Sometimes they try intimidation, too.

But flat out calling Pixie a liar without any foundation for it is wrong (not that you did). I have no foundation for calling you a liar, nor do I have for Pixie.

Anecdotes are evidence of nothing and I have no doubt that Pixie knows that, but I will not be hateful, especially when she is having other health issues with family.

(I know that is JenyE's style, though.)

Who knows if it was the real deal or not in her case. Morons abound in all walks of life and occupations.

I suspect that pixie was immediately adversarial to them regardless of if they were real or fake and we are really only hearing about one side of this encounter.

I don't get why some conservatives are so opposed to the notion of a census, but I gave up on trying to figure out long ago.
It's not the notion of the census at all that has many of us being vocal.

It is the attempt to change the seat of responsibility of a census reporting and the additional questions on the form. Most of us answered what we are bound by the Constitution to do and nothing more.

most of the questions on the form are over a hundred years old with the most recent ones being about forty years old.

Who knows if it was the real deal or not in her case. Morons abound in all walks of life and occupations.

I suspect that pixie was immediately adversarial to them regardless of if they were real or fake and we are really only hearing about one side of this encounter.

I don't get why some conservatives are so opposed to the notion of a census, but I gave up on trying to figure out long ago.

It is the attempt to change the seat of responsibility of a census reporting and the additional questions on the form. Most of us answered what we are bound by the Constitution to do and nothing more.

most of the questions on the form are over a hundred years old with the most recent ones being about forty years old.
And I've always only answered two.

And I've always only answered two.

great dodge!!!

move over mani---competition is here.

And show us where you are being forced to do something more....and what exactly IS that "something more"?

Yeah, I am curious about that as well. If aspects of the census were unconstitutional, why weren't they challenged.

The "constitutional fiat" thing that some people grant themselves is a little bit obnoxious.

i was talking to my crew leader and he said some of the people he worked with in the last census were *questionable*. i think pixie just needed to vent about the experience and is also stressed due to her sister's illness. most of the people i've visited have been polite and some have been very nice. even a couple who said they'd already mailed it in cooperated and answered the questions. i've yet to have anyone tell me they flat out won't do it, and if they did, i'd just write it down and move on. it's been pretty much fun so far.

:eek:

OMG!!! The crazy Tea Baggers wouldn't be talking out of their collective ass again, would they? :lol:

Because I decided to take the initiative and looked at her clipboard

Do none of you consider the fact that I am VISITING HERE??? AND that my Mother is at t.he hospital day and night with my sister and these freaks are pushing the limits of their power to such an extreme that they did not see the need to identify themselves, first and foremost.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i'm working for the census. the first thing they are supposed to do is identify themselves and show ID. you should definitely file a complaint with the local office. i've found that most people have been very nice or at least tolerant of my intrusion on their space. the only question that i personally find intrusive is one regarding home ownership, but most people don't even blink.

sorry you had such a crappy experience.
But do YOU look like a creek critter...inquiring minds and all that....

no, i look like an emu.

:eek:

OMG!!! The crazy Tea Baggers wouldn't be talking out of their collective ass again, would they? :lol:

it's always a possibility :D

some people are lazy and run with what they're told.

shocker

i was talking to my crew leader and he said some of the people he worked with in the last census were *questionable*. i think pixie just needed to vent about the experience and is also stressed due to her sister's illness. most of the people i've visited have been polite and some have been very nice. even a couple who said they'd already mailed it in cooperated and answered the questions. i've yet to have anyone tell me they flat out won't do it, and if they did, i'd just write it down and move on. it's been pretty much fun so far.

Great assessment. Good attitude.

Forum List

Back