My question is, why didn't the taser work?

That's what most witness reports said. No, I'm sure of much of anything, except the guy got shot in the back 7 times. I ain't saying it was justified or not, certainly we oughta wait for the official report before making any judgments.

In your estimation, what would justify shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times?
Ignoring cops with guns drawn on you, reaching into your vehicle for SOMETHING.
.Cops cant read minds. There was a perceived and real threat

BLACK BEHAVIOR MATTERS

What was the real threat? It sure the fuck wasn't a gun, because Blake didn't have on.

Christ on a cracker!!! You don't know that...

That's what most witness reports said. No, I'm sure of much of anything, except the guy got shot in the back 7 times. I ain't saying it was justified or not, certainly we oughta wait for the official report before making any judgments.

In your estimation, what would justify shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times?
if he was reaching for a gun,,,

Well, even if he was reaching for a gun (which he wasn't, as there was no gun in the car) the cop wouldn't be in imminent danger until the guy turned around. I know, it sounds silly, but it is what it is. Think about it: If the guy grabs a gun and doesn't turn around and aim it at the cop, the cop's not in danger of being shot.

So. there was no gun, so Blake wasn't reaching for a gun.

What else, then, could possibly justify shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times?
The three children in the car with him, if he was trying to ignite a police car chase?

Police can't just let him take 3 potential hostages as he flees arrest.
And that seals the deal... He was in the process of obtaining hostages... The officer was justified!
Yeah, I mean, imagine if he'd jumped in the car and sped off. Then this later ends in a massive car crash, killing the kids. Or the perp decides to end his own life and take the kids with him. Then, everyone would be saying the cops were horrible for letting this happen to three innocent children.

Well, even if he was reaching for a gun (which he wasn't, as there was no gun in the car) the cop wouldn't be in imminent danger until the guy turned around. I know, it sounds silly, but it is what it is. Think about it: If the guy grabs a gun and doesn't turn around and aim it at the cop, the cop's not in danger of being shot.

What else, then, could possibly justify shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times?
The three children in the car with him, if he was trying to ignite a police car chase?

And that seals the deal... He was in the process of obtaining hostages... The officer was justified!
Yeah, I mean, imagine if he'd jumped in the car and sped off. Then this later ends in a massive car crash, killing the kids. Or the perp decides to end his own life and take the kids with him. Then, everyone would be saying the cops were horrible for letting this happen to three innocent children.
The cops were going to be villanized in any event..

The cops were going to be villanized in any event..
Probably. Cops in this case seemed to make it easier for people to criticize than they should have though.

He should have been tackled instantly and that would have been the end of it.

No excuses though. Perp resists arrest, all bets are off, and get it how you live.

Was it fully charged? Did the cops miss with it? Did they taser him more than once? Did they only have one taser load to fire? Those things aren't that expensive, right? What about firing a warning shot over his head? Even in a small town like Kenosha, your cops have to have options. And the training to know what they're supposed to do. We don't know the details yet, but it appears to be a situation that escalated into something that shouldn't have happened, and most of the fault lies with Blake for strenuously resisting; which elevates the cops' assessment of the threat level.
Didn't read whole thread but thought would say what is being passed around on events. Report was after a scuffle with police and after the taser failed he headed for the vehicle where he previously stated he had a gun.

Was it fully charged? Did the cops miss with it? Did they taser him more than once? Did they only have one taser load to fire? Those things aren't that expensive, right? What about firing a warning shot over his head? Even in a small town like Kenosha, your cops have to have options. And the training to know what they're supposed to do. We don't know the details yet, but it appears to be a situation that escalated into something that shouldn't have happened, and most of the fault lies with Blake for strenuously resisting; which elevates the cops' assessment of the threat level.
Didn't read whole thread but thought would say what is being passed around on events. Report was after a scuffle with police and after the taser failed he headed for the vehicle where he previously stated he had a gun.
Wether it was a threat of a weapon or obtaining hostages the officer was justified.

Wether it was a threat of a weapon or obtaining hostages the officer was justified.
I agree. The perp should have just obeyed the officers but he didn't. Most likely he will pay for that by being in a wheel chair the rest of his life. He probably won't be sexually abusing anyone else in the future from that chair either.

Reaching into an SUV after resisting arrest.
BTW don't disrespect the name "Canon" they make excellent products.....

The inarguable facts of the case are these:

Blake didn't have a gun.

Blake was shot in the back seven times by a police officer who, given that Blake didn't have a gun, was in no imminent danger.

Those two components would have to exist for this to be a justified shooting...
He was wrestling with the police then went after a deadly weapon.

Blake didn't have a gun.

Blake was shot in the back seven times by a police officer who, given that Blake didn't have a gun, was in no imminent danger.

Which deadly weapon was that?

Blake didn't have a gun.

The van.

Blake didn't have a gun.

ACCORDING TO WITNESS ACCOUNTS, THE MAN WAS THREATENING THE POLICE WITH A WEAPON HE HAD IN HIS VEHICLE as he fought to escape arrest.

The officer was justified in using deadly force.

I kind of suspected this would be the case. I also know how the untrained left would view it.. People who do not have a clue making policies...

Blake didn't have a gun.

The van.
The is also a potential weapon. the kids inside it were also potential hostages...

Once you get all of the facts, the officers actions make more sense..

Blake didn't have a gun.

The van.
The is also a potential weapon. the kids inside it were also potential hostages...

Once you get all of the facts, the officers actions make more sense..
Of course vehicles are potential weapons. Vehicles put more people in the hospital than guns and kill nearly as many.

Tasers don't always stop people. I know. I work at the courthouse in Viera, Florida and watched as several deputies tased a guy in one of the court rooms. He shrugged it off like it was nothing.

Forum List

Back