Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

Mystery? Make me laugh harder. Most evangelicals are two faced scheisters. If The blob’s old man was in the pray-for-pay racket, Trump would have been an evangelist. He’s one of them in most ways
Why do you care who they vote for then?

F the bible thumping sob's -

turn their head while Goldilocks shits all over the 10 commandments.

And with that attitude, you expect them to back political movements that contain people like you?
The dems are doing good at destroying 5t hemselves.

Contempt for Christian's, and calling all Trump voters "RACIST!" will surely bring them around to vote Demonrat!

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

Mystery? Make me laugh harder. Most evangelicals are two faced scheisters. If The blob’s old man was in the pray-for-pay racket, Trump would have been an evangelist. He’s one of them in most ways
Why do you not care about the lack of morals of your president?

Yours kill babies, got a blow job in the Oval Office and I vote for Presidents without morals. Then you have no idea what morals are. I love trump’s policies you bet

Yours kill babies, got a blow job in the Oval Office and I vote for Presidents without morals. Then you have no idea what morals are. I love trump’s policies you bet

The difference is that I was disappointed in Clinton. You would suck Donald’s dick in a heartbeat.

upload_2018-10-9_16-25-54-png.221578

No mystery at all. It all gets down to one topic:

Who’s least likely to suppress my ability to openly worship as I choose.

Yet God is not in the constitution, and Washington was not a regular church goer, Jefferson an avowed Deist, and Adams, curiously converted to Unitarianism that even back then didn't hold with God directing events or even necessarily in Jesus being divine.

We were founded as a Christian nation. One nation UNDER GOD.

I kept asking these mindless left-wingers..... ok... run someone that I could vote for. Who on your side of the isle is going to stop the government trying to take my money, stop the government from controlling every aspect of my life, and who is going to oppose murdering babies, and on and on and on.....

They don't have an answer.

So it's like

"You shouldn't vote for Trump, because we want to screw you over... but Trump sucks, so you should support us screwing you over!".

....... not entirely a convincing argument to me..... I can't put my finger on it, but not convinced.

Its just not evangelicals that the libs hate, but also small town Honkies who aren't evangelical.

The craziest thing is that Mrs. Clinton served a decade as the First Lady of Arkansas, and knew less about rural, small town folk from the Southland, than did Donald J. Trump. Mr. Trump lived his entire life in New York, and he is the very personification of "city slicker".

Yet, Trump knew enough to show respect to all people and to be true to himself.

Figures you would go with base assumptions most progressives make about people different from them.

The difference is that I was disappointed in Clinton. You would suck Donald’s dick in a heartbeat.

Did it stop you from voting for him, or Gore, his protege?

I would put a little different spin on it. Trump is a fraud with his loving the bible crap. And his phoniness has been exposed by none other than Frank Amedia, the pastor who served as an unofficial Christian liaison between Donald Trump and the Religious Right . It's a match made in hell! The Evangelicals have made a Faustian bargain with him

Frank Amedia Exposes the Transactional Relationship Between Trump and the Religious Right | Right Wing Watch

Amedia, who now runs POTUS Shield—a “prophetic” network conceived to wage spiritual warfare on behalf of Trump—explained that Trump is a “street-fighter president” who will fight dirty on behalf of the Religious Right because knows that he needs their support, so much so that he will do their bidding without even knowing what he is talking about.

When I met Donald Trump, he wasn’t a man of God,” Amedia said. “God didn’t call a man of God, he called a warrior. He called a street fighter. How many of you have ever been in a street fight? You don’t go into a street fight to fight fair, you go in to come out and win; you come out to hurt the other guy and come out to win. And if they hit you, you hit back. Sometimes you hit first. That’s what we have. We have a street-fighter president.”

The religious right has sold their soul to a snake oil salesman, and as for Trump, he has no soul

So they should support a party that wants them at best to hide in their churches, and at worst, BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE, PEASANT?
They should support the party that actually espouses core Christian values. You decide which party that is.

Did it stop you from voting for him, or Gore, his protege?

Okay, let's look at that.

I didn't vote for Clinton or Gore. I voted for Bush, and he fucked it all up.

But from the view of a liberal, (If i held the views then I do now), we didn't know about Lewinski in 1992 or 96. Had we known, I doubt he'd have gotten the nomination again. As for Gore. Gore didn't fuck her. Not sure how Lewinski was Gore's fault.

Most Christians I know that voted for Trump did so because of SCOTUS nominees. Christians knew that Trump will get the opportunity to nominate 2-4 SCJ's and may get the opportunity to replace left leaning SCJ's if Breyer and RBG retire.

Christians fear Democrats will take away rights with perverted interpretations of the Constitution.

That's why Trump won.

Forum List

Back