Narrative Fail: 15 Days After Lockdown Ease, Georgia Sees Lowest Day Of COVID Hospitalizations

Here's another nail in the shutdown coffin. I predict this shutdown will last only a few more weeks.

In late April Dr. Tony Fauci made it clear he opposed the decision by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to lift the lockdown orders in his state. “If I were advising the governor, I would tell him he should be careful. Going ahead and leapfrogging into phases where you should not be … I would advise him not to do that.”​
But Dr. Fauci was wrong again. In fact, it starting to look like this guy is NEVER right about anything? It must be nice having a government job and not have to worry about getting fired!​
Fauci and the critics were all wrong. Today Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced on Saturday the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th and the lowest total of ventilators in use.​
Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th.​
Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available).​
Dr. Fauci is not wrong. Georgia just opened so give it a chance. South Korea had been closed and had very good results. Now they have opened and the virus has spiked.

Do people not understand that Koreans all live in one fucking city?

The only place comparable to places like that in East Asia are NY/NJ and chicago

And really chicago is more of a commuter city anyway. Although people do use the metro to get into the city. Once you're in you don't generally use public transport unless you live there. Or maybe you ride one of hte lines to work if it's really convenient.

Comparing Seoul to Atlanta is absurd
We are not talking about city of Seoul and Atlanta.....

Okay. So educate me. We are talking South Korea a country with 52 millions Koreans. California populations is about 40 millions. New York State 20 millions.

Why is S. Korea with more populations than Ca has far less cases and death of CV-19?

Why is S. Korea with more populations than NY has far less cases and death of CV-19?
Does it matter what cities and countries we are discussing? They opened and the virus spiked, and that is my point.

Here's another nail in the shutdown coffin. I predict this shutdown will last only a few more weeks.

In late April Dr. Tony Fauci made it clear he opposed the decision by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to lift the lockdown orders in his state. “If I were advising the governor, I would tell him he should be careful. Going ahead and leapfrogging into phases where you should not be … I would advise him not to do that.”​
But Dr. Fauci was wrong again. In fact, it starting to look like this guy is NEVER right about anything? It must be nice having a government job and not have to worry about getting fired!​
Fauci and the critics were all wrong. Today Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced on Saturday the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th and the lowest total of ventilators in use.​
Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th.​
Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available).​
Dr. Fauci is not wrong. Georgia just opened so give it a chance. South Korea had been closed and had very good results. Now they have opened and the virus has spiked.
Which is going to happen no matter how long you keep people locked inside.

The virus is not going away so whenever people start going out again there will be new cases.
Not necessarily whenever. As the virus has nowhere to go, it will eventually dissipate. Testing and vaccines are the answer, and all should wear face masks now, which is not happening due to Trump's unwillingness to wear a mask.
Do you Trump supporters realize that he does NOT know anything about medicine or science? Nada, niet, zappo
and yet he keeps dissing those who do know? Did you ever ask yourself why? He doesn't care about people since he is totally lacking in empathy, so it has to be political.
No it won't

Has influenza "dissipated"?

And FYI I didn't vote for Trump and am not much of a fan.

So don't go assigning political reasons for what I say when you have no fucking clue what my political leanings are.

The virus is in the environment and it will stay there just like the influenza virus, Rabies, Ebola and the countless others that exist.

The fact that most new cases in NY are among people who were staying home should tell you something.

It is not about you, Gumby. It is all about Trump and his nefarious behavior, so don't flatter your fucking self. Influenza and this virus are 2 different animals so let's not compare. Will it stand around and wait for somebody to come outside? We must give it time, and we are not due to the pressure being put on the states by Trump.
What the New york cases tell me is that houses and apartments are one on top of another, people do go outside for a deep breath even if it is right outside their residences and may even have friends over to quarantine for a couple of hours together. I have seen it where I live, so don't use overly crowded New York as your example.

No Fuckstick you said to me "You Trump supporters" which I have highlighted in the quote tree above so you can't deny saying it.

And it doesn't matter where you are at this point. The minute people start returning to life as normal there will be new cases.

It isn't fucking rocket science.

And the entire goal of this stay home plan was not to prevent people from getting the virus it was to merely slow the contagion rate so as not to overwhelm our inadequate medical services.

So now this corona virus is in the environment and it will stay there and in all reality will be just another flu bug once enough people are exposed or vaccinated for it
The term "you Trump supporters" was referring to your believing that Trump is the second coming of Christ, and not the simple grifter that he is. He reacts for political reasons has no empathy for you or me, and he has no knowledge of science or medicine. You are an ignorant person and he is very aware of that when he froths at the mouth.
And how did you come up with the assumption I believe Trump is a god?

I'll repeat I didn't vote for Trump and I'm not much of a fan.

So in the future if you want to tell me what I said or what I believe then USE THE FUCKING QUOTE FUNCTION

Stop making shit up and attributing it to me so you can then argue against it and if you can't because you are a duplicitous sack of shit then don't fucking reply to me
Who you voted for is not the issue, nor do I care. Why don't you go back to high school and complete your education because you sound like a high school drop-out. Using the word "fuck" all the time puts you in the category of "low-life" and resolves nothing other than getting responses like mine.

Stop contradicting yourself.

You said I was a Trump voter so it's pretty fucking obvious it matters to you who you think I voted for.

And IDGAFUCK if you don't like my language

I find when dealing with lying pieces of shit like you that obscenities are the only thing that works. And maybe you should broaden your own education so you don't have to live in a world defined by the few pigeonholes you have to use in order to make sense of it all. You are a 2 dimensional thinker

So the next time you want to tell me what i said, what my political leanings are or any other thing about get your fucking facts straight and stop making shit up.
Your mouth is getting in the way of your brains-----again. And I believe that you are a Trump supporter because you cannot think. You are a follower, not a leader. There are 3 kinds of people in this world---Those who make things happen, those who wait for something to happen, and those who wonder what happened. Duh. Are you unemployed?

You're a fucking idiot

You made an assumption and I told you you were incorrect but then you keep saying the same thing over and over again

That tells me you are incapable of learning which tells me that you are incapable of understanding the world unless you can fit everything into little pigeonholes.

So I'll say it again I didn't vote for Trump and I am not a fan at all. Do you understand those words?

MAybe you should slow down and follow the words on the screen with your finger. You can even move your lips as you read if you have to. Really it's OK I won't think any less of you because I think so little of you now that it's impossible
Thank you for sharing. Bye bye

The only place comparable to places like that in East Asia are NY/NJ and chicago

And really chicago is more of a commuter city anyway. Although people do use the metro to get into the city. Once you're in you don't generally use public transport unless you live there. Or maybe you ride one of hte lines to work if it's really convenient.

No, it is not absurd since the spike is occurring in both areas, the numbers notwithstanding.

Fauci is warning C-19 may present serious hazards for your children. Don't worry, your kids are super safe. Random USMB posters expertly advise Fauci is a moron and a hack. Send your kids to the playground and school.

Fauci is warning C-19 may present serious hazards for your children. Don't worry, your kids are super safe. Random USMB posters expertly advise Fauci is a moron and a hack. Send your kids to the playground and school.
Fauci did not get where he is by being a hack. The hack is Trump who, once again, is flying by the seat of his pants
and has 0 knowledge of medicine or science.
If you listen to Trump, you are endangering your life and the lives of your kids because he is driven by the money that he is not making. Are Dr. Bright and other doctors also hacks? Hardly

Fauci did not get where he is by being a hack. The hack is Trump who, once again, is flying by the seat of his pants
If you listen to Trump, you are endangering your life and the lives of your kids because he is driven by the money that he is not making. Are Dr. Bright and other doctors also hacks? Hardly
OK, I was being sarcastic. Of course, Fauci should be listened to. Why would any parent risk and subject their children to COVIDE-19 problems being discovered in children? What kind of parent would agree to use their children as guinea pigs?

Tiny Tony Fraudi has been very consistent. He has been wrong 100% of the time.
I was talking with a few Doctors in the biological weapons field of study and Fauci was right in the beginning but after about week 6 he went off the rails. The problem, Fauci is relying on modeling that has over 500 variables in it. Many of those variables are unknowns that no one can ever know.

We now know who is most vulnerable and who will be affected the least. It is time to take reasonable precautions for those we can and get on with life. The longer this goes on the more damage it does to the economy and the businesses that keep our country running. At this point the drive to keep the country closed is partisan and driven by politics. Democrats think they can get power back if they can cause enough damage to blame on Trump.

Flyover Country is feed up with democrap bull shit.. IF they want to tank their own states, let them. Trump gave the governors back control and enough rope to hang themselves with.

Last edited:
OK, I was being sarcastic. Of course, Fauci should be listened to. Why would any parent risk and subject their children to COVIDE-19 problems being discovered in children? What kind of parent would agree to use their children as guinea pigs?
Many Trump supporters believe that Fauci is a hack and that schools should be open.

No, it is not absurd since the spike is occurring in both areas, the numbers notwithstanding.

Yea theyr'e on a war time footing because they're S Korea, they have way more tools koreans will put up with

They're publicly shaming people on tracking apps lol

And they live in a density you don't find in the states outside the eastern seaboard.

Tiny Tony Fraudi has been very consistent. He has been wrong 100% of the time.
I was talking with a few Doctors in the biological weapons field of study and Fauci was right in the beginning but after about week 6 he went off the rails. The problem, Fauci is relying on modeling that has over 500 variables in it. Many of those variables are unknowns that no one can ever know.

We now know who is most vulnerable and who will be affected the least. It is time to take reasonable precautions for those we can and get on with life. The longer this goes on the more damage it does to the economy and the businesses that keep our country running. At this point the drive to keep the country closed is partisan and driven by politics. Democrats think they can get power back if they can cause enough damage to blame on Trump.

Flyover Country is feed up with democrap bull shit.. IF they want to tank their own states, let them. Trump gave the governors back control and enough rope to hang themselves with.
Flyover country is only getting hit now...and it will get worse. We in the NY area have seen it

Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected.
Well, there is also treatment that defeats the disease as well.

But I suspect a weak exposure, similar to a live vaccine, may trigger the right antibodies ahead of a full exposure and get a person through it all.

And for the record...herd immunity absent a decent treatment or vaccine would mean millions of deaths

Both Norway and South Korea have avoided that

Wrong. Fauci is right.

Number of new cases on May 9th: 419
Number of new cases on May 10th: 886

View attachment 334712
Fauci has been wrong about everything, moron.

No he hasn’t. But Trump has. So every time Trump fucks things up, things get worse.

60,000 to 100,000 deaths in one year, if you did everything right. Well you blew by that number in 6 weeks.

Right now, you’re looking at 300,000 dead Americans, if nobody else gets sick. Just from those already dead and the people who are currently sick.

Where the fuck are you getting these "This is definitely how many deaths there would have been if . . ." numbers from? Your crystal ball? How the fuck do you know what would or wouldn't have happened in a world that never actually existed?

Where am I getting my numbers from?

The same place I've been getting them since early March.

Current rate of deaths worldwide 15% of closed cases.

Current rate of death in the USA based on 384,440 closed cases: 22%. Active cases 1,032,958 cases. 22% of active cases 227,250 more deaths, if no one else gets sick. That will bring your total to over 300,000 deaths.

Even if the USA lowers its rate of death to the world level of 15%, that's still 154,943 more American deaths, over and above the 84,000 who have already died. And both numbers are based on absolutely no one else getting the virus.

When the Trump Administration has released numbers, they have always released and touted the most optimistic lowest numbers possible. Then adjusted upwards when forced to. Now they're just desperate to down play the level of death anticipated.

When I said more than 100,000 Americans would die, people called me deranged. You'll hit 100,000 deaths by Memorial Day Weekend. Seriously, this has gone well beyond "horrific".

That wasn't even a good try at a straw man. i didn't ask you where you were getting your current case/death numbers. Here's the actual question I asked, which you tried to dodge:

Where the fuck are you getting these "This is definitely how many deaths there would have been if . . ." numbers from?

Please note the highlighted area. What I want to know is where you are getting these Nostradamus-Lite predictions of "This is definitely what should have happened if everything was done right, so anything different means you did it wrong".

These people are dying of "pneumonia" like symptoms. Doctors have no ability to distinguish this respiratory problem from another.
That's because Covid 19 is a viral pneumonia. And of course doctors can distinguish the various types of pneumonia and isolate the Covid 19 virus.
I don't know where you get your news, but you should seek something different.

Yeah, uh, do you know how doctors distinguish one viral pneumonia from another viral pneumonia? By testing for the specific virus. If they don't bother to test - perhaps because you deal with them pretty much the same way regardless - then they have no way of knowing which virus actually caused the pneumonia.

W

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Over all numbers will go hgher as more and more testing is done. The real metric of this disease are the numbers of new hosptializations and those have not climbed. So the majority of those being affected are those that have little or no symptoms when they get this disease.
Health professions in Ga are already building temporary hospitals to handle the surge they are expecting
LOL

They began expanding their capacity months ago. They understand that it will spike the cases to a certain level but as the population becomes immune to it the rate of infections will drop and the needs will also drop. Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected. Its time to stop hiding from this virus and beat it. With 98% of the populace not having a problem with getting this virus and becoming immune we can protect those who are most at risk and still get on with life.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving herd immunity is a viable concept for this kind of virus.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving the shutdown is a viable concept for this kind of virus.

Herd immunity, on the other hand, is a well established concept supported by centuries of empirical data.
You are 100% wrong and the exact opposite of your claims are fact. Empirical data accurately proves shutdowns and lockdowns work and if herd immunity for Corona viruses worked no one would ever get common colds, which are caused by a coronavirus. The reason is known to science. Some viruses, Coronaviruses included, are able to change and adapt.
Really? How does it prove that?

You're understanding is obviously wrong because herd immunity requires that a certain people contract the virus. I don't know how colds work, but we have flu every year or two because a new strain comes out every year or two. I believe the as me thing happens with colds, but they are much less serious so no one panics about it.
We fight yearly flu with vaccines. You are comfortable with giving all this life or death advice and opinions on COVID-19 and pandemics yet freely admit you know nothing abour the common cold. You even think the flu comes "every year or two"(your words).
People like you or anyone else with little medical knowledge should shut up and stop fantasizing about being scholarly and of high ranging intelligence. You are giving dangerous and poor advice and opinions. Think about it, you are advising on Coronavirus and admitting you know nothing about the common cold.

We fight yearly flu not very well, just FYI. Flu vaccines are far from 100% effective, even when the medical experts guess right about which strain of the flu will be dominant that season. In the years where they guess wrong, flu vaccines are as effective as just shooting people with distilled water.

You are comfortable talking about the wonders of lockdowns and how they "work" without telling us what "lockdowns working" actually means, and without telling us what purpose they actually serve if no vaccine is possible. You are sitting back and criticizing and complaining about how everyone else's plans and suggestions are impossible and dangerous, without offering anything solid yourself.
I rely on what medical experts say and promote. For some odd reason, I have more trust in them than politicians and partisan hacks. So, if doctors tell me not to do something and some politician tells me not to listen to the doctors, I will probably ignore the politicians.

All of the doctors that I know just aren't concerned. Theyre more concerned about having a job.
Then doctors you know are dumb to say something like that. I know lots of doctors and they will never say something like that.

I come from a family with a bunch of doctors. I'm the black sheep. I didn't become one or go into the medical field.

I know a ton of doctors and those who work in the medical field In my family and friends.

Not even ONE of them has ever said they aren't concerned with the virus and are more concerned with having a job.

No doctor would ever say such a thing. Ever.

They would say if they're seeing virus patients or not but never say they aren't concerned about it and more concerned about having a job.

Health care and doctors offices have not been closed. They are essential services. They have had to modify their offices for social distancing but that's about it.

Dentists aren't open but are working on an emergency cases basis.

Elective surgeries have been canceled.

The fact that the far right radical lying conservative added hoping they still have a job on the end of their lie, exposes the lie for what it is.

Heath care is essential services and aren't closed.
You mentioned previously that doctors you knew are not concerned of the CV. They are more concerned of having a job.........

Doctors I know will never say something like that. Health and well being of their patients are their concern. Job is worthless if you get sick. You can get a job later or go to welfare if needed but you cannot replace your life. That’s whats stake.

I’m in the medical instruments business. I can assure you that I know by far more doctors than you or anybody here. Hospitals are my customers.
Yeah, doctors are pretty fucking stupid about stuff like that. I've had doctors tell me to retire. How does the moron suppose I'm going to pay his bill if I don't have a job.
Why is that my fault? Blame your messiah.
You're the one telling us we should trust doctors to tell us whether we should work or not. What I'm telling you is that doctors are idiots who believe everyone earns half a million a year just like they do.

Doctors typically don't tell you, "Do this definitely". What they usually do is say, "These are your choices. If you do this, you have a good chance of X happening, but it might not. If you do that instead, you have a chance of Y happening." They explain all the choices and all the possibilities that go with those choices, and then it's YOUR choice.

Also, they only explain the medical risks vs. rewards. They don't address the - for example - economic consequences at all, because that's not their area of expertise and concern. Doesn't mean they don't expect you to consider those aspects; just that they aren't qualified or paid to advise you on that.

How can anyone really get anything out of the numbers when the numbers are bogus? More tests will statistically result in more positive results. We're trusting in tests that really have not been perfected. We're blaming COVID 19 for the deaths of everyone who dies with it regardless if they actually died as a result of something else. Most people who allegedly die from this are elderly. There is no way to logically use the numbers to make these draconian decisions Democrat governors are making. But these numbers can be rigged to justify these assholes destroying our economy by simply testing more and pointing out that there are more positive results. That proves nothing but you can be sure these shutdown dweebs will be saying the sky is falling.

W

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Over all numbers will go hgher as more and more testing is done. The real metric of this disease are the numbers of new hosptializations and those have not climbed. So the majority of those being affected are those that have little or no symptoms when they get this disease.
Health professions in Ga are already building temporary hospitals to handle the surge they are expecting
LOL

They began expanding their capacity months ago. They understand that it will spike the cases to a certain level but as the population becomes immune to it the rate of infections will drop and the needs will also drop. Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected. Its time to stop hiding from this virus and beat it. With 98% of the populace not having a problem with getting this virus and becoming immune we can protect those who are most at risk and still get on with life.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving herd immunity is a viable concept for this kind of virus.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving the shutdown is a viable concept for this kind of virus.

Herd immunity, on the other hand, is a well established concept supported by centuries of empirical data.
You are 100% wrong and the exact opposite of your claims are fact. Empirical data accurately proves shutdowns and lockdowns work and if herd immunity for Corona viruses worked no one would ever get common colds, which are caused by a coronavirus. The reason is known to science. Some viruses, Coronaviruses included, are able to change and adapt.

You're understanding is obviously wrong because herd immunity requires that a certain people contract the virus. I don't know how colds work, but we have flu every year or two because a new strain comes out every year or two. I believe the as me thing happens with colds, but they are much less serious so no one panics about it.
We fight yearly flu with vaccines. You are comfortable with giving all this life or death advice and opinions on COVID-19 and pandemics yet freely admit you know nothing abour the common cold. You even think the flu comes "every year or two"(your words).
People like you or anyone else with little medical knowledge should shut up and stop fantasizing about being scholarly and of high ranging intelligence. You are giving dangerous and poor advice and opinions. Think about it, you are advising on Coronavirus and admitting you know nothing about the common cold.

We fight yearly flu not very well, just FYI. Flu vaccines are far from 100% effective, even when the medical experts guess right about which strain of the flu will be dominant that season. In the years where they guess wrong, flu vaccines are as effective as just shooting people with distilled water.

You are comfortable talking about the wonders of lockdowns and how they "work" without telling us what "lockdowns working" actually means, and without telling us what purpose they actually serve if no vaccine is possible. You are sitting back and criticizing and complaining about how everyone else's plans and suggestions are impossible and dangerous, without offering anything solid yourself.
I rely on what medical experts say and promote. For some odd reason, I have more trust in them than politicians and partisan hacks. So, if doctors tell me not to do something and some politician tells me not to listen to the doctors, I will probably ignore the politicians.

All of the doctors that I know just aren't concerned. Theyre more concerned about having a job.
Then doctors you know are dumb to say something like that. I know lots of doctors and they will never say something like that.

I come from a family with a bunch of doctors. I'm the black sheep. I didn't become one or go into the medical field.

I know a ton of doctors and those who work in the medical field In my family and friends.

Not even ONE of them has ever said they aren't concerned with the virus and are more concerned with having a job.

They would say if they're seeing virus patients or not but never say they aren't concerned about it and more concerned about having a job.

Health care and doctors offices have not been closed. They are essential services. They have had to modify their offices for social distancing but that's about it.

The fact that the far right radical lying conservative added hoping they still have a job on the end of their lie, exposes the lie for what it is.

You mentioned previously that doctors you knew are not concerned of the CV. They are more concerned of having a job.........

Doctors I know will never say something like that. Health and well being of their patients are their concern. Job is worthless if you get sick. You can get a job later or go to welfare if needed but you cannot replace your life. That’s whats stake.

I’m in the medical instruments business. I can assure you that I know by far more doctors than you or anybody here. Hospitals are my customers.
Yeah, doctors are pretty fucking stupid about stuff like that. I've had doctors tell me to retire. How does the moron suppose I'm going to pay his bill if I don't have a job.
You're the one telling us we should trust doctors to tell us whether we should work or not. What I'm telling you is that doctors are idiots who believe everyone earns half a million a year just like they do.

Doctors typically don't tell you, "Do this definitely". What they usually do is say, "These are your choices. If you do this, you have a good chance of X happening, but it might not. If you do that instead, you have a chance of Y happening." They explain all the choices and all the possibilities that go with those choices, and then it's YOUR choice.

Also, they only explain the medical risks vs. rewards. They don't address the - for example - economic consequences at all, because that's not their area of expertise and concern. Doesn't mean they don't expect you to consider those aspects; just that they aren't qualified or paid to advise you on that.
My doctors haven't done any of that. They have hectored and scolded me for not doing what they tell me to do, even when I can't do it because I'm a consultant who is on the road a lot.

W

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
LOL

My doctors haven't done any of that. They have hectored and scolded me for not doing what they tell me to do, even when I can't do it because I'm a consultant who is on the road a lot.

Really? I don't tolerate doctors who act like my behavior and health is a personal issue for them. I go to them for medical advice. If they want me to continue going to them for advice, they need to keep it in the realm of "advice" and not make me feel stressed out about confrontations with them.

Forum List

Back