Narrative Fail: 15 Days After Lockdown Ease, Georgia Sees Lowest Day Of COVID Hospitalizations

Here's another nail in the shutdown coffin. I predict this shutdown will last only a few more weeks.

In late April Dr. Tony Fauci made it clear he opposed the decision by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to lift the lockdown orders in his state. “If I were advising the governor, I would tell him he should be careful. Going ahead and leapfrogging into phases where you should not be … I would advise him not to do that.”​
But Dr. Fauci was wrong again. In fact, it starting to look like this guy is NEVER right about anything? It must be nice having a government job and not have to worry about getting fired!​
Fauci and the critics were all wrong. Today Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced on Saturday the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th and the lowest total of ventilators in use.​
Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th.​
Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available).​
Dr. Fauci is not wrong. Georgia just opened so give it a chance. South Korea had been closed and had very good results. Now they have opened and the virus has spiked.
We are now 10 days into this opening and the numbers tell a different story. The populace with immunity is roughly 24% IN Louisiana and those who could be affected are not the ones out and about. I expect that this number will rise fast but hospitalizations and deaths will remain low.
This virus is still in its early stages, and we have a long way to go. We shall see, yes?

Here's another nail in the shutdown coffin. I predict this shutdown will last only a few more weeks.

In late April Dr. Tony Fauci made it clear he opposed the decision by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to lift the lockdown orders in his state. “If I were advising the governor, I would tell him he should be careful. Going ahead and leapfrogging into phases where you should not be … I would advise him not to do that.”​
But Dr. Fauci was wrong again. In fact, it starting to look like this guy is NEVER right about anything? It must be nice having a government job and not have to worry about getting fired!​
Fauci and the critics were all wrong. Today Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced on Saturday the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th and the lowest total of ventilators in use.​
Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th.​
Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available).​

Wrong. Fauci is right.

Number of new cases on May 9th: 419
Number of new cases on May 10th: 886

View attachment 334712
Over all numbers will go hgher as more and more testing is done. The real metric of this disease are the numbers of new hosptializations and those have not climbed. So the majority of those being affected are those that have little or no symptoms when they get this disease.
Health professions in Ga are already building temporary hospitals to handle the surge they are expecting
LOL

They began expanding their capacity months ago. They understand that it will spike the cases to a certain level but as the population becomes immune to it the rate of infections will drop and the needs will also drop. Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected. Its time to stop hiding from this virus and beat it. With 98% of the populace not having a problem with getting this virus and becoming immune we can protect those who are most at risk and still get on with life.
Flattening the curve is helping to deaden the effect and the virus may have a better chance of dissipating when it has nowhere to go. The medical and scientific communities have a better handle on it than do the amateurs in government. I think that we are in trouble one way or another. We are 2 months behind other countries in dealing with it and need to watch their results.

Dr. Fauci is not wrong. Georgia just opened so give it a chance. South Korea had been closed and had very good results. Now they have opened and the virus has spiked.
We are now 10 days into this opening and the numbers tell a different story. The populace with immunity is roughly 24% IN Louisiana and those who could be affected are not the ones out and about. I expect that this number will rise fast but hospitalizations and deaths will remain low.
This virus is still in its early stages, and we have a long way to go. We shall see, yes?
Louisiana is at 24% infection/immunity of the general populace. At the current rate of spread, they will never overshoot their needed intervention bed capacity.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Number of new cases on May 6th: 898.

You're cherry picking the data.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712

I'm using the data from yesterday.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712

I'm using the data from yesterday.
And you're ignoring the data from 3 days earlier. The number of cases fluctuates within a range. Not everyone is as stupid as you.

It does fluctuate. Three weeks ago it was fluctuating between 350 to 400 new cases a day

Now it fluctuates between 200 and 1,000. It would appear that something has happened to the reporting.

But just to be clear...medical professionals are freaking out in GA. They are preparing for a NYC like influx of hospitalizations.

The only reason this is happening is because businesses aren't really re-opening and customers aren't "getting back to normal". In the absence of public policy on how to safely proceed, people are staying home.

My son's company never closed, but they got advice on how to keep their workers safe, and they gave staff a choice about working. Those who chose to stay home were given immediately paperwork to collect unemployment insurance and laid off. Those who chose to work wear face masks, have their own personal equipment, which is deep cleaned daily, and social distancing is rigidly enforced. My son said they're real Nazis about it. In a company of 3200 employees, they haven't had a single case of covid. They have converted their electronics manufacturing from amplifiers and speakers, to making motherboards for ventilators. They have closed their stores and gone to curbside pickup or online sales. They are currently at 70% of pre-covid sales.

Covid is not going away, and companies have a choice - evolve or die. What they cannot do and survive, is to endanger the lives of their workers. The union movement in the USA grew out of the callous disregard for workers safety during the industrial revolution. When hundreds of workers started dying in factory fires, Americans revolted and demanded safe working conditions.

Trump is trying to force workers back to work while a pandemic rages, while doing NOTHING to protect those workers, and worse, REMOVING THE WORKER'S RIGHT TO REFUSE UNSAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, AND THE RIGHT TO SUE THEIR EMPLOYERS SHOULD THEY GET SICK AS A RESULT.

Protect the employers at the cost of lives. No protections for workers. This is BULLSHIT.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Over all numbers will go hgher as more and more testing is done. The real metric of this disease are the numbers of new hosptializations and those have not climbed. So the majority of those being affected are those that have little or no symptoms when they get this disease.
Health professions in Ga are already building temporary hospitals to handle the surge they are expecting
LOL

They began expanding their capacity months ago. They understand that it will spike the cases to a certain level but as the population becomes immune to it the rate of infections will drop and the needs will also drop. Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected. Its time to stop hiding from this virus and beat it. With 98% of the populace not having a problem with getting this virus and becoming immune we can protect those who are most at risk and still get on with life.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving herd immunity is a viable concept for this kind of virus.

The only reason this is happening is because businesses aren't really re-opening and customers aren't "getting back to normal". In the absence of public policy on how to safely proceed, people are staying home.

My son's company never closed, but they got advice on how to keep their workers safe, and they gave staff a choice about working. Those who chose to stay home were given immediately paperwork to collect unemployment insurance and laid off. Those who chose to work wear face masks, have their own personal equipment, which is deep cleaned daily, and social distancing is rigidly enforced. My son said they're real Nazis about it. In a company of 3200 employees, they haven't had a single case of covid. They have converted their electronics manufacturing from amplifiers and speakers, to making motherboards for ventilators. They have closed their stores and gone to curbside pickup or online sales. They are currently at 70% of pre-covid sales.

Covid is not going away, and companies have a choice - evolve or die. What they cannot do and survive, is to endanger the lives of their workers. The union movement in the USA grew out of the callous disregard for workers safety during the industrial revolution. When hundreds of workers started dying in factory fires, Americans revolted and demanded safe working conditions.

Trump is trying to force workers back to work while a pandemic rages, while doing NOTHING to protect those workers, and worse, REMOVING THE WORKER'S RIGHT TO REFUSE UNSAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, AND THE RIGHT TO SUE THEIR EMPLOYERS SHOULD THEY GET SICK AS A RESULT.

Protect the employers at the cost of lives. No protections for workers. This is BULLSHIT.
ROFL! Companies aren't responsible if you catch the flu, so why should they be responsible if you catch COVID? YouTDS morons are using COVID as an excuse to implement your entire agenda.

People under 70 have little chance of dying from COVID. Most don't even know they have it. Older people can isolate themselves. There is simply no rational justification for keeping people from going to work.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
LOL

Not one shred of evidence exists proving herd immunity is a viable concept for this kind of virus.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving the shutdown is a viable concept for this kind of virus.

Herd immunity, on the other hand, is a well established concept supported by centuries of empirical data.

It does fluctuate. Three weeks ago it was fluctuating between 350 to 400 new cases a day

Now it fluctuates between 200 and 1,000. It would appear that something has happened to the reporting.

But just to be clear...medical professionals are freaking out in GA. They are preparing for a NYC like influx of hospitalizations.
Wrong. It was 1500 on April 6.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
LOL

Not one shred of evidence exists proving the shutdown is a viable concept for this kind of virus.

Herd immunity, on the other hand, is a well established concept supported by centuries of empirical data.
You are 100% wrong and the exact opposite of your claims are fact. Empirical data accurately proves shutdowns and lockdowns work and if herd immunity for Corona viruses worked no one would ever get common colds, which are caused by a coronavirus. The reason is known to science. Some viruses, Coronaviruses included, are able to change and adapt.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
LOL

You are 100% wrong and the exact opposite of your claims are fact. Empirical data accurately proves shutdowns and lockdowns work and if herd immunity for Corona viruses worked no one would ever get common colds, which are caused by a coronavirus. The reason is known to science. Some viruses, Coronaviruses included, are able to change and adapt.
Really? How does it prove that?

You're understanding is obviously wrong because herd immunity requires that a certain people contract the virus. I don't know how colds work, but we have flu every year or two because a new strain comes out every year or two. I believe the same thing happens with colds, but they are much less serious so no one panics about it.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Those people were already infected.

Nothing wrong with that little profiteering pipsqueak that tar and feathers won't cure.

ROFL! Companies aren't responsible if you catch the flu, so why should they be responsible if you catch COVID? YouTDS morons are using COVID as an excuse to implement your entire agenda.

People under 70 have little chance of dying from COVID. Most don't even know they have it. Older people can isolate themselves. There is simply no rational justification for keeping people from going to work.

This isnt the flu, you stupid dolt. This is a highly contagious form of viral pneumonia that attacks the heart, lungs and kidneys, as well as triggering strokes, in younger people, and rare reaction in children that is killing them as well. There is no cure, and currently, more than 25% of those who have tested positive in the USA, are dying.

While the virus isn't killing young people in healthier countries, the USA has the least healthy general population in the first world, as well as the highest rates of obesity, diabetes, asthma, and heart disease - all of which make your general population far more likely to both catch the virus and to die from it.

Couple that with a large uninsured population of low income workers with no savings, and no resources, and this is the end of the US economy as you know it.

What is about the happen is the death throes of a sick society, which values money more than people.

Those of us who put our people first, aren't trying to sell the idea that workers are "warriors" who should go to work without protection. In our country, companies are being given clear guidelines on how to keep workers safe. If people are getting sick at work, they shouldn't be going to work until employers can keep them safe.

If you can't keep your workers safe, how can you keep your customers safe? And if you can't keep customers and workers safe, you certainly can't keep vulnerable populations safe because either workers in care facilities, or family members who work are going to bring the virus to them. So start with making the workplaces safe so workers don't get sick.

If you're forced to go back to work, and your company isn't offering face masks, private equipment, barriers and social distancing to protect staff, and you get sick - damn skippy you should be able to sue their asses. If your boss has the right to force you back to work, he'd better make damn sure it's safe for you to be there.

Time and time again, we see the same factories which were the subject of ICE raids a few months ago, are now being closed for Covid Clusters today. If these people were so cavalier about flouting immigration laws which exist for the safety and security of the nation, what makes you think they're now follow health and safety laws, when doing so will cost them money and reduce production?

The difference is that now their workers really do threaten Americans. If these workers get sick, they won't have the money to seek treatment, and they will spread these viruses to the rest of the community, just by shopping, going to restaurants, and playing in public parks.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
LOL

Really? How does it prove that?

You're understanding is obviously wrong because herd immunity requires that a certain people contract the virus. I don't know how colds work, but we have flu every year or two because a new strain comes out every year or two. I believe the as me thing happens with colds, but they are much less serious so no one panics about it.
We fight yearly flu with vaccines. You are comfortable with giving all this life or death advice and opinions on COVID-19 and pandemics yet freely admit you know nothing abour the common cold. You even think the flu comes "every year or two"(your words).
People like you or anyone else with little medical knowledge should shut up and stop fantasizing about being scholarly and of high ranging intelligence. You are giving dangerous and poor advice and opinions. Think about it, you are advising on Coronavirus and admitting you know nothing about the common cold.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
LOL

We have never quarantined a healthy population over some weak virus such as this one.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
LOL

We have never quarantined a healthy population over some weak virus such as this one.
We can no longer afford to listen to morons who call COVID-19 a "weak virus" even after it has killed 80,000 Americans in a matter of months. Your mind is what is weak.

Forum List

Back