Nathan Bedford Forrest statue causing controversy

I use those terms in an endeavor to be ACCURATE, something you have no kinship with. The only 'war criminals' were Lincoln and Sherman, which is the reason NONE of this got into a courtroom at the time.

Is it hard maintaining your delusion in the face of all these facts?

I'm not saying that they should have been tried as "war criminals".

You think that was the purpose of the Nuremburg and Tokyo trials? Seriously? Boy, are you naive!

The purpose of those trials was to let them know in no uncertain terms THEY LOST! and they were wrong. And then they burned the bodies and scattered the ashes.

These assholes started a war so a few assholes could own slaves. they should have been hung just for that.

And we need to stop glorifying them, excusing them or apologizing for them.

The Confederate Flag should be as disdained as the other symbol of white supremacy, the Swastika.

Again Joe, the WBTS was fought over the Federal government's usurpation of the rights enumerated in the 9th & 10th Amendments.

Here we are 150 years later and you slugs STILL don't get it.

Bullshit...even the traitors in the South knew what the Civil War was about...it's codified in their Articles of Secession. But even then, they would have gotten by...but they had to double down on the arrogant stupidity and fire on a Federal Installation that was doing nothing to them.

But we got you to admit slavery was wrong, I guess we are making progress here!

Show me where in this 50 page thread I ever said slavery was right!

Fucking idiot, arguing shit that isn't even there...

It isn't what you said, it's what you defend.

You try to make excuses for what the South did, even knowing they were doing it over an unexcusable point.

Sometimes you have to go to a war you are going to lose on principle. But going to a war you are destined to lose over an evil institution is just foolish.

It isn't what the South did, moron. It's what Lincoln and the North did. They invaded member states of the Union, which the Constitution defines as treason. They waged war on their fellow Americans, slaughtered 50,000 civilians and 350,000 men in uniform. That's just the beginning of their crimes.

How dense are you, JoeB? It's not my fault if you can't understand the concept of 'State's rights', as written into the Constitution through the 9th & 10th Amendments. It's not my fault if you are so brainwashed as to not realize that the usurpation of those amendments is what caused the WBTS.

Slavery would have ended anyway.

The very fact you use terms like "State's Rights" and "War Between the States" is kind of telling.

You know what they did was wrong, you just bring yourself to admit it.

What should have happened. Lee, Davis and every last one of these assholes should have been put in front of a Nuremburg-styel tribunal, and promptly hanged afterwards.

Yeah, it's telling alright. I tells that he knows that facts and doesn't have his head full of carpetbagger propaganda like you.

The people who should have been shot were the Northern traitors who invaded and killed the fellow Americans.

The very fact you use terms like "State's Rights" and "War Between the States" is kind of telling.

What should have happened. Lee, Davis and every last one of these assholes should have been put in front of a Nuremburg-styel tribunal, and promptly hanged afterwards.

I use those terms in an endeavor to be ACCURATE, something you have no kinship with. The only 'war criminals' were Lincoln and Sherman, which is the reason NONE of this got into a courtroom at the time.

You think that was the purpose of the Nuremburg and Tokyo trials? Seriously? Boy, are you naive!

The purpose of those trials was to let them know in no uncertain terms THEY LOST! and they were wrong. And then they burned the bodies and scattered the ashes.

These assholes started a war so a few assholes could own slaves. they should have been hung just for that.

The Confederate Flag should be as disdained as the other symbol of white supremacy, the Swastika.

Lincoln started the war, you stupid mother fucker.

Again Joe, the WBTS was fought over the Federal government's usurpation of the rights enumerated in the 9th & 10th Amendments.

Here we are 150 years later and you slugs STILL don't get it.

Oh, I get it perfectly well.

Can you pleae point out to me where in the 9th or 10th amendment there is a right to secede.

And since most of the Confederate state seceded before Lincoln was even sworn in, exactly what rights were being "usurped".

They seceded because Lincoln was an abolitionist. Not because he actually did anything to further abolition at that point.

Lincoln was not an abolitionist, you stupid fucking moron. He stated repeatedly that if keeping slavery would preserve the union, then he was perfectly OK with it. He even gave his support to an Amendment that would have enshrined slavery into the Constitution forever.

It appears that everything you know about the war is wrong.

Why don't you quit making a fool of yourself?

Can you pleae point out to me where in the 9th or 10th amendment there is a right to secede.

And since most of the Confederate state seceded before Lincoln was even sworn in, exactly what rights were being "usurped".

They seceded because Lincoln was an abolitionist. Not because he actually did anything to further abolition at that point.

No, you point out where it says the States didn't have the right to secede, considering that that right was written into many of the original 13 state constitutions. The right of secession was accepted and understood at that time.

You should dig a little deeper into your 'history degree', the efforts to undermine the 9th & 10th had been ongoing for a DECADE before Lincoln's inauguration.

So you admit that secession was illegal, and the Federal Government had every right to tramp down on it, then?

That something is "understood" doesn't make it legal. There are a lot of things that are "understood" that are actually against the law.

Unless there's a law explicitly stating something is illegal, then it's legal. Every idiot understands that. There's no law stating it's illegal to scratch your sorry ass. That means it's legal. However, according to your theory of jurisprudence, anything that isn't expressly permitted is illegal. That would mean we should throw you in jail for scratching your ass.

"And we need to stop glorifying them, excusing them or apologizing for them."

Actually my Southern ancestors were saints compared to the assholes who invaded us. You are the ones who need to be making excuses.

Silly me; I thought the Nuremberg and Tokyo war crimes tribunals were about bringing justice to war criminals; at least, that's what liberals say, every time they criticize our troops today for "following(supposedly) illegal orders", or not scrupulously following the Geneva Conventions (as if most of you even know what the Conventions actually contain). Now, here we have an admission that in fact, Nuremberg and Tokyo were not about war crimes at all, just the vengeance of the victors over the vanquished. The logical conclusion from THAT, is that if you win, it doesn't matter if you played by the rules, and if you lose, you'll be hanged whether you played by the rules or not.. Now since you just admitted that is your position, I don't want to hear any more prattling about the Conventions, or Nuremberg, from you.Thanks for the revealing look at liberal lies and hypocrisy; but hey, that's what the Left does. This time you tripped over your own lies-"Oh, what a tangled web we weave...", huh?

No, you point out where it says the States didn't have the right to secede, considering that that right was written into many of the original 13 state constitutions. The right of secession was accepted and understood at that time.

You should dig a little deeper into your 'history degree', the efforts to undermine the 9th & 10th had been ongoing for a DECADE before Lincoln's inauguration.

So you admit that secession was illegal, and the Federal Government had every right to tramp down on it, then?

That something is "understood" doesn't make it legal. There are a lot of things that are "understood" that are actually against the law.

I admit no such thing, fool! Secession was ENTIRELY within the rights of the sovereign states, and the Federal government committed treason against it's own people.

According to the 9th & 10th Amendments (you should probably READ them someday), unless specifically prohibited, ALL rights were retained by the States, and/or the People.

A history degree, huh? LIAR!!

That was all decided by war.

The conclusion was that south had no legitimate grievance to settle by war.

Doesn't matter, guys.

The southern leaders were trolls who got stuck down the well by their betters.

I gave Guy Pinestra proof that anti-slavery laws had been passed and that they wee actually executed.

The only complaint one can have is that the laws should have been enforced more harshly.

And certainly no excuse for the South to go to war.

You guys so have had your ass handed to you in this thread.

First and last = ONLY. You said 'They', meaning MORE than one.

You're a liar, Fakey.

And the Southern States weren't looking to change the Constitution, they were looking for you Northern bastards to ABIDE by it.

You keep claiming shit that isn't true, Fakey. Why is that? Do you not understand that the refusal of the Federal government to honor the 9th and 10th Amendments is what started the WBTS? How can you not get that?

The war criminals for starting war were indeed the southerners, no one else.

They should have been summarily executed when caught.

How dense are you, JoeB? It's not my fault if you can't understand the concept of 'State's rights', as written into the Constitution through the 9th & 10th Amendments. It's not my fault if you are so brainwashed as to not realize that the usurpation of those amendments is what caused the WBTS.

Slavery would have ended anyway.

The war was fought because to the southerners believed states' rights meant the right to own slaves.

Justice won out with the south's fall.

Again Joe, the WBTS was fought over the Federal government's usurpation of the rights enumerated in the 9th & 10th Amendments. Here we are 150 years later and you slugs STILL don't get it.

Lincoln believed the Union perpetual, indivisible, and he put paid to those who did not and could not follow constitutional, electoral process. The losers got what the deserved, and their defenders on this thread get what they deserve, disdain.

"The war was fought because to the southerners believed states' rights meant the right to own slaves."

Which they did.
The Yanks believed they had the right to murder, torture, and loot however they liked. Thankfully many of them died in the process just as they deserved.

Lincoln believed the Union perpetual, indivisible, and he put paid to those who did not and could not follow constitutional, electoral process. The losers got what the deserved, and their defenders on this thread get what they deserve, disdain.

Fakey, the only folks who refused to follow the Constitution were Northerners.

Don't like the 9th & 10th Amendments? Ignore 'em!!

Fucking criminals, the whole damned lot of you!

Yup, 9ID, your right, as always. :lol:

The victory of the Union meant, in part, you get to write silly things here today.

Forum List

Back