National Parks for the 1%

Those using the parks should pay to maintain them.

Makes sense to me.

Someone living in Alaska shouldn't necessarily be paying to maintain the EVERGLADES, if they don't visit the EVERGLADES.

I was in Yellowstone about a month ago...it was like $50 bucks or something like that.

My parents got FREE ENTRY FOR LIFE FOR $10. There was a promotion b the NATIONAL PARK SERVICE this summer. FUCKING SPECTACULAR. They can literally enter any Naitonal Park for the rest of their lives for free.

Trump is returning land obama stole back to the states, as he should.
The Rockefellers gave the first land to the Park. Obama didn't steal anything.

Don't be going and ruining all their awesome debunked fun OL ...

I heard the Obamas stole millions worth of valuable artwork from the White House when they left ...

Read it on Gateway Pundit! :)

"In just the last week of 2016, Obama arbitrarily took 1.35 million acres in Utah to create the Bears Ears National Monument. This action came despite all elected representatives from the area (from the governor and state legislators to the members of Congress from Utah) being opposed to the action.

"And it came irrespective of the years of delicate negotiations that had taken place to work out a compromise among the various interests. The president also just set aside more than 300,000 acres to create the Gold Butte National Monument in Nevada."

"Obama has taken 554,590,000 acres of land and sea out of use for private citizens and out of the deliberative processes of government."
Obama's last-minute land grabs only the tip of presidential excess

"When Obama declared the Bears Ears National Monument, he ignored the years of work that Utah’s congressional delegation spent fighting to pass legislation to protect the region through a fair and open process. He ignored the state legislature and the governor. He ignored the stakeholders and local residents who were striving together to find a workable solution. He ignored the best interests of Utah and cast aside the will of the people — all in favor of a unilateral approach meant to satisfy the demands of far-left interest groups.

"With the stroke of a pen, Obama locked away an astonishing 1.35 million acres, a geographic area larger than the total acreage of all five of Utah’s national parks combined. He did so citing his prerogative under the Antiquities Act — a century-old law intended to give presidents only limited authority to designate special landmarks. Instead of exercising restraint under the act, Obama — and indeed, many of his predecessors — wielded this law as a blunt instrument for executive overreach."

Opinion | It’s time to undo the federal land grab of Bears Ears

Makes sense to me.

Someone living in Alaska shouldn't necessarily be paying to maintain the EVERGLADES, if they don't visit the EVERGLADES.

I was in Yellowstone about a month ago...it was like $50 bucks or something like that.

My parents got FREE ENTRY FOR LIFE FOR $10. There was a promotion b the NATIONAL PARK SERVICE this summer. FUCKING SPECTACULAR. They can literally enter any Naitonal Park for the rest of their lives for free.
Bullshit! We are already TAXED in order to *maintain them*. We shouldn't have to PAY to use something we already OWN and have PAID FOR.

It's ludicrous.

That is the aim of the republican party...Simply give it all to the rich and the elite!

Want to drive down the road? Pay a few thousand per month fee. No more shared responability. This favors the rich!

Want to go to a national park? Well, the same.

Want clean water? Live within a rich community.

Loserterianism is a loser because it goes against thousands of years of governance.

100 years of the National Park Service is enough. Get government out of land monopolization.

Yeah - who the hell needs the word "National" on a F-ing National Park anyway?

Just turn them over to the Koch Brothers and Exxon - they'll take care of 'em!

I have been saying for years we should lease the national parks to private companies and they can take care of them

Makes sense to me.

That $10 just went up to $80

Bullshit! We are already TAXED in order to *maintain them*. We shouldn't have to PAY to use something we already OWN and have PAID FOR.

It's ludicrous.

I don't mind paying the current reasonable fees for day use above and beyond the taxes i pay. But 70 bucks for the more popular parks is ludicrous. They are going to price out tens of thousands.

Makes sense to me.

It's ludicrous.

I'd be fine with funding through ONLY entry fees. Let's REDUCE THAT SPENDING!

Yellowstone is like a GIANT AMUSEMENT PARK. The FED is making MILLIONS OF DOLLARS EVERY DAY.

The commerce going on inside the park is insane.

Makes sense to me.

See how the far left wants to get every a living wage, but does not want to pay for it!

The beat goes on .. Sad :(

America’s Best Idea is now just another commodity. A president who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing, as Oscar Wilde had it, wants to make it prohibitively expensive for many to enter the most popular national parks.

You may have missed this, between the indictments, the terrorist attack, the Civil War revisionism. But the Trump administration has proposed nearly tripling the entrance fees to select national parks, to $70.

The man who loves nothing so much as his gold-plated bathroom fixtures wants to gouge people who want to experience something that all of Donald Trump’s minions could never create. It’s a teardrop in the federal budget, but is emblematic of the ocean of wrong coming from this president.

First, we already own these parks — Glacier, Olympic, Mount Rainier, Zion, Yellowstone, the names themselves music to lovers of magic in the natural world. They are a birthright of citizenship.

Second, the Trump administration wants to jack up the price of admission to our most spectacular public lands while moving to cut the Park Service budget by almost $300 million. The new fees would add $70 million. Go figure. His attacks on the parks would be the biggest cut to the agency since World War II.​

Third, he not only wants to make it more costly to get into beloved public places, he also plans to take away land already protected in ways similar to national parks. He told Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah he’s going to shrink two extraordinary national monuments — “for you, Orrin.” It’s a corrupt-sounding gift to a senator, and a giveaway of a public trust. No drain of this swamp.

But this is the Trump ethos. There’s always a velvet rope — coming soon, at the rim of the Grand Canyon — a place for V.I.P.s, deal-makers and insiders, and too bad for everyone else.​

Mucho Mas:

Opinion | National Parks for the 1 Percent
So the left increasing taxes on gas and home energy and healthcare is what?

I have been saying for years we should lease the national parks to private companies and they can take care of them

You're kidding - right?

I can see it now - "Welcome to Yosemite Amusement Park .. Home of the El Capitan Roller Coaster and Half Dome Bungie Jump. And have the kids Pop by our new Drill Baybee Drill Oil Field in the Village to get an autograph from our Sarah Palin lookalike for only $30!!"

Meh - what a horrid idea :confused-84:

100 years of the National Park Service is enough. Get government out of land monopolization.

Yeah - who the hell needs the word "National" on a F-ing National Park anyway?

Just turn them over to the Koch Brothers and Exxon - they'll take care of 'em!

Why? No *care* is needed. The national parks land existed intact for millennia before the inept and illegal seizure by the US Govt.

You're kidding - right?

I can see it now - "Welcome to Yosemite Amusement Park .. Home of the El Capitan Roller Coaster and Half Dome Bungie Jump. And have the kids Pop by our new Drill Baybee Drill Oil Field in the Village to get an autograph from our Sarah Palin lookalike for only $30!!"

Meh - what a horrid idea :confused-84:

How is that a horrid idea? Not only do we not have to spend money on the parks, but we can use the money from the lease to do things like pay off the debt.

It's ludicrous.

I don't mind paying the current reasonable fees for day use above and beyond the taxes i pay. But 70 bucks for the more popular parks is ludicrous. They are going to price out tens of thousands.
You think that's not intentional?

Makes sense to me.

See how the far left wants to get every a living wage, but does not want to pay for it!

Go away crackpot

You think that's not intentional?

Oh heck, as i said earlier .. it is right there in the Stinky Zinke Master Plan. When nobody shows up, they'll just turn those lands over to their energy, mining and logging buddies to rape and pillage to their heart's content.

Trump is returning land obama stole back to the states, as he should.
The Rockefellers gave the first land to the Park. Obama didn't steal anything.
Obama took over a BUNCH of land. You never heard of him or something?

He preserved it for the rest of us

It was already preserved.

Is now....for ALL of us and our children

Makes sense to me.

Go away crackpot

Says the far left drone that supports ISIS!

See how the far left will react when you force them to face reality?

All they know is how to run debunked far left religious narratives not connected to reality!

Come on you want a "living wage" for everyone, right? So no you can pay for for it!

Forum List

Back